Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 07:19 PM

149 posts, read 533,258 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We found these tubes on a wall of our storage room which is located outside of the house. These tubes don't look like mud tubes to us. We received a quote from a pest control company for $950 for initial treatment on all the areas of the house and $170 annual fee after that.

This quote sounds quite expensive but we know very little about termites. Before we call other companies, we are interested to hear from you all what other alternatives we might have.
Attached Thumbnails
Are these termite tubes?-img_0164.jpg   Are these termite tubes?-img_0165.jpg  
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNeedle View Post
Hi all,

We found these tubes on a wall of our storage room which is located outside of the house. These tubes don't look like mud tubes to us. We received a quote from a pest control company for $950 for initial treatment on all the areas of the house and $170 annual fee after that.

This quote sounds quite expensive but we know very little about termites. Before we call other companies, we are interested to hear from you all what other alternatives we might have.
Those are definitely termites. If you dig under the surface you might even see a couple. They are eating the drywall paper. Don't sweat it - they are easy to get rid of.

I had a couple tubes on the slab last year and paid $650, but that did not include drilling and treating in the garage. I'd shop around. Call Bill's Termite and Pest. They have been in business in PHX for years and years.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:55 PM

149 posts, read 533,258 times
Thank you very much. I'll call the company.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 16,344 times
I just found tubes similiar to the picture when I moved some objects in my garage that were up against the wall. The tubes are on the concrete footer that rises 8 inches from concrete slab and they stop at a wooden moulding. They do not continue on the drywall above the wood molding. Does anyone think they are termite tubes ? Do ants and/or wasps make tubes similiar to these ? I see no live insects in the tubes or in the garage. Thanks, Brian Billings

Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. Billings View Post
I just found tubes similiar to the picture when I moved some objects in my garage that were up against the wall. The tubes are on the concrete footer that rises 8 inches from concrete slab and they stop at a wooden moulding. They do not continue on the drywall above the wood molding. Does anyone think they are termite tubes ? Do ants and/or wasps make tubes similiar to these ? I see no live insects in the tubes or in the garage. Thanks, Brian Billings

they may not be visible because they have entered the frame studs inside the drywall....maybe

Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNeedle View Post
Hi all,

yes- we have them too

Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 PM

710 posts, read 3,390,954 times
Yup, termites. I know more people who've had them than who haven't. Not a big deal really.

They can be attracted to water so make sure you don't have any leaks or drainage issues in the area.

As another poster said, call bills' termite & pest (check kudzu ratings for info why) and keep an eye on the area for a while. You can choose to have them treated with premise or termidor, which is usually sprayed around the perimeter of the house. If they come up a slab crack or joint, the company will just drill, pump the pesticide in the holes, then fill 'em with sealer.

950 sounds on the pricey side though, fyi

Easy.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:37 PM

197 posts, read 392,892 times
Yes, you are going to want to have that checked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona