U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:08 PM

382 posts, read 802,615 times
I wonder what his stance is concerning our education problem. Buz's website doesn't state anything about education either. I seriously wish Arizona were more pro-education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 12:43 AM

555 posts, read 399,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzzard View Post
I wonder what his stance is concerning our education problem. Buz's website doesn't state anything about education either. I seriously wish Arizona were more pro-education.
If we don't stop the invasion, eventually education will go back to bilingual, or worse, totally in Spanish at some point in the distant future.

The invaders want more than jobs. They now want citizenship and the political power that franchise will give them. They will use that political power to bring even more Mexicans here and to change our culture to a Spanish based culture. I would say illegals are Fifth Columnists, but the definition of that involves a clandestine organization subverting a government, while the Hispanic lobby is more like "in-your-face."

I am sure Sheriff Joe is for English only education, and won't permit any subsidies for the education of illegals.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,377,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
If we don't stop the invasion, eventually education will go back to bilingual, or worse, totally in Spanish at some point in the distant future.

The invaders want more than jobs. They now want citizenship and the political power that franchise will give them. They will use that political power to bring even more Mexicans here and to change our culture to a Spanish based culture. I would say illegals are Fifth Columnists, but the definition of that involves a clandestine organization subverting a government, while the Hispanic lobby is more like "in-your-face."

I am sure Sheriff Joe is for English only education, and won't permit any subsidies for the education of illegals.
In case you have forgotten your history, this entire region is a Spanish-based culture, Mexicans once dominated this land long before the United States was thought of.

I'm not defending the illegals, I agree they should learn English and blend in but all this fear of a Mexican invasion and forcing us to learn Spanish is a little paranoid.

Nothing wrong with being bilingual anyway.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 PM

555 posts, read 399,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
In case you have forgotten your history, this entire region is a Spanish-based culture, Mexicans once dominated this land long before the United States was thought of.

I'm not defending the illegals, I agree they should learn English and blend in but all this fear of a Mexican invasion and forcing us to learn Spanish is a little paranoid.

Nothing wrong with being bilingual anyway.

Guess you never heard of this Texas town decreeing Spanish as their official language:

Texas Town Adopts Spanish As Official Language (http://englishfirst.org/elcenezo/elcenezoreuters81699.htm - broken link)

Guess you never heard of that Los Angeles Spanish radio station billboard
announcing, "Los Angeles, Mexico."

L.A. now in Mexico?

I'm not paranoid. You are in denial about the real intentions of the illegals and their lobby. This is precisely where things are headed when you have upwards of 20 million illegals combined with a powerful political lobby.

Native Americans once dominated this land before the United States was thought of. Do you think we should give America back to the Natives? That is the logical implication of your statement.

We acquired these lands in the Mexican-American War some 150 years ago, and then paid $15,000,000 for them. Do you want to turn the entire world back to the way it was 150 years ago? That is the logical implication of your statement. It does appear, however, that we will have to fight the Mexican-American War all over again. I am down with that.

It doesn't do any good to win a war if you lose the peace, if you then allow your country to be invaded and subverted politically by the defeated nation.

If the 7 states comprising Aztlan were still part of Mexico, you would be speaking Japanese instead of English or Spanish, because the US would not have defeated the Japanese in WWII without the strategically critical states of New Mexico, California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, and Texas.

There are so many Spanish only speakers in America now that most jobs that involve public contact require bilingual ability. This is a natural ability of anchor babies, so they will evenutally become the majority of government employees, giving Hispanics even more political power Just last week a Congressman suggested that bilingual employees get a 5% salary adjustment for having this ability.

The devil's createst achievement was getting so many people to believe he doesn't exist. The Hispanic lobby's greatest achievement is getting so many American's to believe they are not a threat.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 PM

2,689 posts, read 4,249,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I saw Joe on cops yesterday, the footage was taken at least 10 years ago, he was in the jail talking to the inmates acting like he had respect for them, it was hilarious.

Just curious... how much "respect" do you think criminals need/ deserve?

Personally, I think they deserve the same respect they gave to their victims.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 PM

382 posts, read 802,615 times
I don't have a problem with Hispanics that are legal. My husband is considered ethnically Hispanic, his mother was born here in Phoenix (her parents immigrated here legally from southern Mexico), his dad is from Mexico (we really don't know his legal status, kind of funny). My children have a Hispanic heritage and I would want them to be just as proud of it as of my own. I don't have a problem with my children learning Spanish (either version), I would actually prefer they learn it early on. I think it would give them a better chance of being able to learn other languages later on more easily.

However, I don't think it's right that illegals can send their children to our schools without paying taxes, or use our free breakfast/lunches (which I've heard a lot gets thrown out) without having to pay for it. Teachers and administration in those schools are NOT allowed to report illegals. I think this is hurting our school systems a whole bunch, and I think it would make a huge difference in a vote if someone actually said they would do something about it. But how do you solve a problem like this when the children are partially victims themselves? Report the illegals and hope they actually get sent back instead of sitting in our jails wasting our tax money that way? I really don't know, but that issue alone could definitely sway my vote.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:02 AM

76 posts, read 68,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A lot depends on the insolence of the remaining illegal aliens here in Arizona; if they act stupid with their 'si es puede' (yes we can) protests; Sheriff Joe has a better than 50/50 chance of winning since such treasonous behavior will bring out the mostly 'Anglo' voters in droves.
I believe the correct translation is "si, nosotros podemos!"

If he were to win, that would seal the deal for me and I would leave.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM

2,127 posts, read 2,032,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
I'm not paranoid.
Yes. You are.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,049,507 times
Why would someone start a thread "Arpaio for Governor" and then go on to say they do not think he will even run, let alone win? The title obvioulsy shows their support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
OBTW - IMO, I do NOT think he will run for Governor

Old 03-26-2010, 08:58 PM

25,105 posts, read 23,061,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Why would someone start a thread "Arpaio for Governor" and then go on to say they do not think he will even run, let alone win? The title obvioulsy shows their support.
The article in the Republic was the incentive for this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona