U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:09 AM

34 posts, read 64,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Reminds me of the early days when places like Tombstone and other Arizona towns enacted laws about checking in guns. Except this is going the other direction.

I wonder why the sheriff had the cowboys check their weapons in before entering town?

(I think I know the answer ~ because the towns became civilized )
Now if only we could talk those pesky rapists and murderers into being "civilized" and check their weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 05:12 AM

94 posts, read 192,788 times
I believe you will have the option of getting a permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So we would have to get a permit from each state we would visit because Arizona no longer issues them?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:45 AM

76 posts, read 71,062 times
With all of the sunshine here and this bad job market, wouldn't you think a higher priority might be discussing ways to lead the market in solar energy?

That is how California is pulling itself out from under - investing in green technology - but I supposed guns are more important than jobs.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:56 AM

314 posts, read 552,316 times
AZ is still going to issue permits. This bill means that a permit is not required to conceal in places where open carry is now allowed.
That's my understanding.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:47 AM

Please explain how California is "pulling itself out from under".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherday10 View Post
With all of the sunshine here and this bad job market, wouldn't you think a higher priority might be discussing ways to lead the market in solar energy?

That is how California is pulling itself out from under - investing in green technology - but I supposed guns are more important than jobs.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:53 AM

15,952 posts, read 11,869,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR1 View Post
AZ is still going to issue permits. This bill means that a permit is not required to conceal in places where open carry is now allowed.
That's my understanding.
They have nothiing better to do?
Get rid of the Radar Vans
Perhaps they could save the state millions by dissolving and going to a single house legislature

Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 AM

535 posts, read 1,155,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich V View Post
Please explain how California is "pulling itself out from under".
At least they are making a start!

We almost went backwards................Let us not forget the bill that our beloved Republican Law-maker introduced not long ago that would have killed our green energy incentives, then withdrew when she came to her senses

Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 AM

69 posts, read 104,512 times
How are we making a start? (I live in Kalifornia)? The state is in dire straits being in so much debt! I would love to leave this state, still in combat with the wife .

Old 03-26-2010, 11:03 PM

23,628 posts, read 15,511,910 times
Lightbulb .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
Well....well....well. In the midst of the biggest budget deficit in AZ history it's good to see republican state law makers focusing on what really is important...........The ability for Arizona Citizens to carry concealed guns without the need for a CCW permit.
Personally I don't mind, but I just feel like we have more pressing issues to deal with right now.
What are your thoughts on the Bill that Senator Russell Peirce has introduced??
I’m not sure but maybe the ones to ask about how they feel regarding the Senates bill on carry concealed weapons would be the law enforcement officers in the state. They may have different ideas on who they think should be armed.

Permits being discontinued and without background checks so anyone getting out of a psychiatric institution can carry concealed on the streets and places of business. Gang members could now have concealed and carry guns under the new law, thus removing one of the “chargeable crimes” that police use to take them off the streets! And there’s nothing more interesting then having someone in a bar drinking alcohol with a concealed weapon.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’m not sure but maybe the ones to ask about how they feel regarding the Senates bill on carry concealed weapons would be the law enforcement officers in the state. They may have different ideas on who they think should be armed.

Permits being discontinued and without background checks so anyone getting out of a psychiatric institution can carry concealed on the streets and places of business. Gang members could now have concealed and carry guns under the new law, thus removing one of the “chargeable crimes” that police use to take them off the streets! And there’s nothing more interesting then having someone in a bar drinking alcohol with a concealed weapon.
You do know that a permit is not needed to open carry in AZ?
You do know that someone "getting out of a psychiatric institution" is already bared from owning a gun, concealed or not?
You also know that those 'gang members' have a long rap sheet that makes owning a gun a felony for them?
Did you know that the Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police do not oppose this bill?
So what exactly are you concerned about here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona