U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:15 AM

765 posts, read 1,094,753 times
Sooner or later they will decriminalize pot....but even though the straw man of medical Mary J will be thrown in our faces all along the way...the real reason will be because a bunch of stoners and potheads want easy and cheap access to the junk.

They are forever telling me that ."It is not addicting...its not bad for you..." etc....and yet most (not all...but the majority) are so dependent on the stuff...just try to get them to stop....and the ones I know have eaten up thier brain cells with the stuff until they are pretty much non productive citizens.
Just my take on it.

Read this.

Basic Facts About Drugs: Marijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 10:24 AM

18 posts, read 12,196 times
American council on drugs take is just that.....An agency supported by..who..The Govenment...

Since when has anything the good ol government printed thru any agency that wasnt some form of propaganda?.

Ive research Marijuana use all the way back to Cleopatra using it for Menstral cramps.

Please do some research from agencies NOT funded or affilliated with any Federal link.

Try the American Medical Association...OR any other Legit Medical organization. Did you know People are being treated for asthma with marijuana?...the results are amazing...Its a vaso dilator..I wonder if you knew that? Probably not if your reading only funded Propaganda.

For every Governemt funded study saying theres no benefit from Marijuana you will find one from independant groups sayin the opposite.

I know this....Being an Nurse an Psych assistant for years. I never saw ONE person hopelessly lost or destroyed by Marijuana by itsself....NOT ONE...This is my personal experience working along side one of the Veterans Administrations "chief Psychologists". People dont become one of the (110 Chiefs) in the VA by just showing up an punching a clock.

Personal experience...I began smoking in 1974. Ive earned 3 college degrees, Worked as a Numerical Control Programmer/ Machinist, Nurse, Psych nurse, Insurance claims office owner, Metal fabricator, Welder, Custom Auto painter, now retired due to a spinal cord injury. I cut an facet gemstones as my latest hobby...Something fun that takes more then a dozen braincells to do.

I smoked a joint ten minutes before I took an passed the RN nursing board exams.
So much for the Usless brain theroy. In the 35 years Ive smoked. Many times I have stopped an started for various reasons. Ive taken breaks for years at a time. Since My injury I smoke to sleep an get some relief from Neuro Pains that are secondary to spinal cord injury. I suppose that makes me a "stoner/pothead" in your opinion. "just lookin for a cheap easy way to get it"

I want to see Medical Marijuana legal of course...I DONT want dispensaries at all...They set the price for the product an People like ME that live on disablility cannot afford 350 an once. All most of us want is to grow a half dozen plants in the closet without the dam law comin over and knocking down the door haulin us off to jail.

You may have seen people "ruined" from pot. The bottom line is People can get ruined from anything. Drugs, booze, sex, cigarettes, work, and FOOD. Why do you think 4 out of 10 people in the US are fat as hogs...Because we got Ruined by Fast food an laziness.

I ruined myself with hard work..ended up a paralegic for my efforts....Now I should be chastised an judged by those who are healthy an without pain. Because Marijuana relieves my agony?

If your screen name is real...Let me ask you Pastor. Where is your compassion for your fellow man?

Last edited by KAKMAN; 06-20-2010 at 10:38 AM..

Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM

542 posts, read 495,693 times
Positive Effects of Marijuana | eHow.com

Positive Effects of Marijuana - Negative Effects of Marijuana

Positive Effects of Marijuana on Suffers of Chronic Pain - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Old 06-20-2010, 11:18 AM

542 posts, read 495,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
and the ones I know have eaten up thier brain cells with the stuff until they are pretty much non productive citizens.

And here's some more non productive citizens.

The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It : COED Magazine

Old 06-20-2010, 11:35 AM

6,334 posts, read 10,355,685 times
If you don't want to be associated with degenerate stoner types, then turn off your computer now and walk away. Because stoners worked on every bit of technology in your computer from the microchips to the software, disk drives and networks. Pot is very big in the high tech world.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:02 PM

18 posts, read 12,196 times
Absolutely...Stop driving your cars, Flying on planes, riding bikes, an go back to europe.

Where do you think the Hemp ropes an sails that brought us to this country came from.

Most everything that was designed, built , or produced in this country came from the minds of people that smoked an enjoyed Marijuana.

Stop letting the Government an Media tell you what to think an believe. Use your head for more then a Hat rack....

Back in the day....Anwar Sadat Personnally sent a messinger to Praise the work I did on Aircraft landing gear on their planes.

The very fixture I created that solved a problem that had Shut down 3 former Parts vendors. I designed an machined While smoking pot at every break an lunch period.

To this DAY my work is being used on every B-52 on the planet...None of the parts assembled by MY fixture have ever Failed......Not one...how do I know this..Because each aircraft part is registered to the person that Machined that part..In case of failure The person that Made the part is Liable for any harm caused by their work.

My work was Praised by a world leader....an stands today....Just the brainchild of a Pothead loser.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:19 PM

148 posts, read 464,057 times
I'm a fairly conservative, God fearing, productive member of society and have used MJ (illegally) on a couple of occasions.

When I was 18 I ended up in the hospital for three months with my guts in bag. Radiation treatment from a childhood cancer had diseased my intestines and most had to be removed. One of my surgeries was 22 hours long and I had a stroke from the extended anesthesia. I suffered from wicked bad headaches after that. The Dr. had me so strung out on oxycotin and hydrocodone that I could barely function. Reluctantly, I tried a little puff from a friends joint and felt immediate relief. I used MJ regularly for a few months until I just didn't need it anymore. I'm not saying that MJ cured me but after consuming less than ounce in three months time, my headaches were easily managed with Tylenol.

For twenty three years I never used MJ again. A few years ago I lost my mother to ovarian cancer. I guess I am a momma's boy because I had really hard time losing her. For months I could not sleep. I was prescribed every drug imaginable with no results. I felt like hell. Then, a good friend whom I would have never suspected was an MJ user, gave me a cup of MJ tea. It was the first full nights sleep I had in a long time. I woke up feeling great. My wife said I was like a new person. I illegally purchased an eighth of an ounce of medical grade MJ and would take a one puff about a half before bedtime and would sleep like a baby. I never made through the entire eighth ounce. After a week or two I was down to a puff every three of four days. Then every week or two. Now, while I still miss mom and think about her everyday, I don't need any help sleeping.

I didn't like the "buzz" of MJ enough to ever consider using it as a substitute to Jack & Coke to unwind, but I certainly believe in it's medicinal benefits. Just my .02

Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 PM

260 posts, read 273,781 times
If my doctor would prescribe medical marijuana for me I would only use it in a pill or a capsule form, as I could never get use to the smell of marijuana smoke. And I would be very interested in all the research results on the Morphic field of the marijuana plant.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:03 PM

6,040 posts, read 6,579,836 times
I was busted in Arizona with four ounces of schwag while on vacation many years ago and the judge apologized to me about having to fine me so much and commenced to badmouth the governor !
They also returned my loaded unregistered hand gun to me still loaded !

I believe that a chemical has been isolated in cannabis that retards the growth of cancerous cells. Give it another ten years or less and good old Maryjane may turn out to be the miracle cure for cancer.

Below is a picture of a very pretty girl named Maryjane !

Old 06-20-2010, 03:08 PM

14,596 posts, read 6,931,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Be VERY careful what you wish for.. They just did this in MT and boy did it open a can of worms. Overnight the pot stores opened and the previously criminal growers came out into the light. What also came out into the light were the killings and robberies now happening because people who don't have the $$ or don't want to pay for it are ripping off the growers/sellers. Here your allowed a set amount of plants (I believe it's 12) per "caregiver" but they allow one person to to have as many "caregiver" permits as they can get. Soooo, if one person gets 20 people to name him/her as the caregiver.. Well you can do the math, that's one heck of a basically unprotected plantation worth lot's of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ since I'm told it's currently going for $4k a pound here.

I'd go for this as long as a couple of things happen. Everyone says "it's no worse than alchohol" well this may or may not be true but since that's the current belief then regulate it the same way (alchohol can be used as a "drug" as well btw).
Drop the prescription idea, it's a joke anyway and everone knows it. If you want to continue the prescription idea/farse then give it the same penalty/benefit as getting/giving a prescription for a C-2 narcotic.

Sell pot store permits just like they do liquor store permits, inspect 'em, do a background check and tax it just like booze, remember it's no worse than booze right?.
If you're caught supplying a minor then the same penalties as liquor apply, same with driving etc. Home growing just like home brewing could be allowed with tight restrictions and severe penalties for abuse just like moonshiners. Allow the tabacco companies into the game, heck Phillip Morris AKA Altria has had the trademark and boxes for years so why not let 'em into the game? You may end up with cheaper higher quality product.
Make the pot smokers follow the same rules as tobbacco smokers since second hand pot smoke has effects on those that accidentally inhale it that surpass just lung issues aka "contact high" so NOT around minors period.
You wouldn't drink around kids then give them half a shot for every shot you drink would you?
Think about it, there HAS to be some kind of responsability that goes along with this doesn't there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Sooner or later they will decriminalize pot....but even though the straw man of medical Mary J will be thrown in our faces all along the way...the real reason will be because a bunch of stoners and potheads want easy and cheap access to the junk.

They are forever telling me that ."It is not addicting...its not bad for you..." etc....and yet most (not all...but the majority) are so dependent on the stuff...just try to get them to stop....and the ones I know have eaten up thier brain cells with the stuff until they are pretty much non productive citizens.
Just my take on it.

Read this.

Basic Facts About Drugs: Marijuana
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAKMAN View Post
American council on drugs take is just that.....An agency supported by..who..The Govenment...

Since when has anything the good ol government printed thru any agency that wasnt some form of propaganda?.

Ive research Marijuana use all the way back to Cleopatra using it for Menstral cramps.

Please do some research from agencies NOT funded or affilliated with any Federal link.

Try the American Medical Association...OR any other Legit Medical organization. Did you know People are being treated for asthma with marijuana?...the results are amazing...Its a vaso dilator..I wonder if you knew that? Probably not if your reading only funded Propaganda.

For every Governemt funded study saying theres no benefit from Marijuana you will find one from independant groups sayin the opposite.

I know this....Being an Nurse an Psych assistant for years. I never saw ONE person hopelessly lost or destroyed by Marijuana by itsself....NOT ONE...This is my personal experience working along side one of the Veterans Administrations "chief Psychologists". People dont become one of the (110 Chiefs) in the VA by just showing up an punching a clock.

Personal experience...I began smoking in 1974. Ive earned 3 college degrees, Worked as a Numerical Control Programmer/ Machinist, Nurse, Psych nurse, Insurance claims office owner, Metal fabricator, Welder, Custom Auto painter, now retired due to a spinal cord injury. I cut an facet gemstones as my latest hobby...Something fun that takes more then a dozen braincells to do.

I smoked a joint ten minutes before I took an passed the RN nursing board exams.
So much for the Usless brain theroy. In the 35 years Ive smoked. Many times I have stopped an started for various reasons. Ive taken breaks for years at a time. Since My injury I smoke to sleep an get some relief from Neuro Pains that are secondary to spinal cord injury. I suppose that makes me a "stoner/pothead" in your opinion. "just lookin for a cheap easy way to get it"

I want to see Medical Marijuana legal of course...I DONT want dispensaries at all...They set the price for the product an People like ME that live on disablility cannot afford 350 an once. All most of us want is to grow a half dozen plants in the closet without the dam law comin over and knocking down the door haulin us off to jail.

You may have seen people "ruined" from pot. The bottom line is People can get ruined from anything. Drugs, booze, sex, cigarettes, work, and FOOD. Why do you think 4 out of 10 people in the US are fat as hogs...Because we got Ruined by Fast food an laziness.

I ruined myself with hard work..ended up a paralegic for my efforts....Now I should be chastised an judged by those who are healthy an without pain. Because Marijuana relieves my agony?

If your screen name is real...Let me ask you Pastor. Where is your compassion for your fellow man?
i can see both sides of the arguments about pot. i have never smoked it myself, and never will, but i know that it has helped many people when used in moderation. i have seen most people live normal lives that have used pot, but i have also seen people who smoked heavily and were essentially useless.

but i also agree that you must be careful what you ask for as you may just get it. if pot is legalized it does need to be as heavily taxed as alcohol is though, and we need to police the black market as well, and nail black marketeers with heavy penalties, much like we do with bootleggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona