U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-22-2010, 10:06 AM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,344 posts, read 13,696,839 times
Reputation: 4252

Advertisements

Well this makes my case Strong , Annex the South. I'm tired of there racist and discriminatory behavior , you guys act like animals towards each other....in that Desert State called Arizona. Or Most Southern States , and blaming it on the Illegals , disgusting. Its not just there fault or there fault at all. Its the Drug Lords who come to this Country to Supply the "American Habit" which we have ignored for so long. Now i know i sound offensive but you guys have caused many people to think that. It seems that a Majority of Arizonans are bigoted and need a Cultural class or too. not all Hispanics are bad , and most of the ones that come here speak decent English and can hold a job. & To the people who say this is our land , we own it, no you don't the Native Americans will forever own it. I happen to be Hispanic looking , but i'm African American, i guess i way stay out of Arizona , even if i have to dip into Mexico or the Northern states. What about all the African Americans just like me? We are the most Racial profiled Race in this country , our you trying to Start a Race war?

 
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 AM
 
148 posts, read 223,339 times
Reputation: 105
Why My grandparents came legally in 1929 became usa citizen learned english spoke english Did not ask or have everything we sale or push 1 for english push 2 for whatever language. It is not just me alot of american and the ones who came here legally from Mexcio or where ever is tired of it. Everything you buy has two languages English Spanish. If you come here to make this your new home like every other person you should learn english WHY DOES AMERICA HAVE TO CATER TO YOU> YOU NEED TO. We have no jobs. Nothing wrong with learning a different language. But do you hear Czec, Irish, China Korean, Japan, MOSTLY the Native- Americans Complaining . NOOOO If anything the Native American should be next to the the english language not spanish. Don`t feel sorry for me. Because I am not scared to speak the truth. Everyone walks lightly about this subject. I am not a racest. An I am a firm beliver if you want to come here for a better life do it legally. Right now OUR country is having a hard time. No jobs to many illegals. Market crashed. Bailing out the banks. Our men and women are fighting to protect our way of life. Our Milk and Honey is low for the American people . WE need to protect america like the other countries protect themselves. I think american people would not be so upset if the Illegal Mexican people would stop rubbing our faces into how they control america. Out of all the illegals here in our country Mexcian push their way on to us. Others just live the american way. If they want to live and have everything like their home go back. And I hope AZ stand strong on this issue. Maybe the rest of the states will follow.
 
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Denver
836 posts, read 838,022 times
Reputation: 866
It's pretty disconcerting that a law like this can even make it this far in AZ. Of course it's unconstitutional and will be struck down by the courts later, but the simple fact that so many people support this nutty legislation just blows me away. The voter ignorance, racism and hate in AZ are on full display for the rest of the country and everyone I talk to is just glad they don't live there.
 
Old 04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
 
Location: southern california
49,796 posts, read 46,891,519 times
Reputation: 41025
the states are tired of the federal government disobeying the laws they passed.
in this case non enforcement of immigration law. another great evil is selective enforcement.
and of course the worst non funded mandates to the states from the feds. (healthcare bill)
 
Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 26,373,673 times
Reputation: 3660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well this makes my case Strong , Annex the South. I'm tired of there racist and discriminatory behavior , you guys act like animals towards each other....in that Desert State called Arizona. Or Most Southern States , and blaming it on the Illegals , disgusting. Its not just there fault or there fault at all. Its the Drug Lords who come to this Country to Supply the "American Habit" which we have ignored for so long. Now i know i sound offensive but you guys have caused many people to think that. It seems that a Majority of Arizonans are bigoted and need a Cultural class or too. not all Hispanics are bad , and most of the ones that come here speak decent English and can hold a job. & To the people who say this is our land , we own it, no you don't the Native Americans will forever own it. I happen to be Hispanic looking , but i'm African American, i guess i way stay out of Arizona , even if i have to dip into Mexico or the Northern states. What about all the African Americans just like me? We are the most Racial profiled Race in this country , our you trying to Start a Race war?
Take your bankrupt race card elsewhere, please.

As it stands: quite a few American Blacks are against any sort of amnesty for illegal aliens---------'brown' Mexican, Black Nigerian or White Irish, etc. Does that make them White supremacists?

As for drug consumption: that is dropping here in the USA. Too; more and more, the Mx drug lords are dealing directly with Europe and Africa bypassing the USA since LE here is becoming more and more effective in interdictions.
 
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 26,373,673 times
Reputation: 3660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
It's pretty disconcerting that a law like this can even make it this far in AZ. Of course it's unconstitutional and will be struck down by the courts later, but the simple fact that so many people support this nutty legislation just blows me away. The voter ignorance, racism and hate in AZ are on full display for the rest of the country and everyone I talk to is just glad they don't live there.
Nice try there.

Besides: go to Mexico and say that pro illegal nonsense-------you would be arrested, (probably) assaulted by the Mx policia and, if lucky, wind back up here in the USA..........alive.
 
Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Denver
836 posts, read 838,022 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Nice try there.

Besides: go to Mexico and say that pro illegal nonsense-------you would be arrested, (probably) assaulted by the Mx policia and, if lucky, wind back up here in the USA..........alive.

Looks like AZ isn't far behind Mexico in that respect anymore. Congratulations, you now have 3rd world quality laws!
 
Old 04-22-2010, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 26,373,673 times
Reputation: 3660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Looks like AZ isn't far behind Mexico in that respect anymore. Congratulations, you now have 3rd world quality laws!
I do not agree with (the physical violence aspect) of Mexico's immigration laws but; most of their policies should be implemented here in the USA.

Example: a foreign national (even there legally) sticking his nose in Mexican politics in Mexico faces deportation----------the same thing should apply to any illegal alien here in the USA doing that exact same thing.
 
Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Avondale and Tempe, Arizona
1,637 posts, read 1,539,215 times
Reputation: 1318
This bill should be vetoed by the governor.

I know illegals are a problem here but it sure sounds like the bill goes too far when legal hispanics are threatening boycots and even some high-ranking police officials forsee a problem with it.

Target the companies that hire these people knowing they can pay them a dirt-cheap salary and no benefits. Get after the coyote smugglers who bring these people in here illegally.

Most of the illegal immigrant people are just here doing the grunt work that lazy American citizens don't want to do themselves.
 
Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
 
382 posts, read 850,387 times
Reputation: 253
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the vast majority of people either don't remember or didn't know that we've been down this road before. We've tried the whole amnesty route, and guess what, it didn't work. We shook our fingers, gave illegals a chance, said we'd never do it again, and here we are some 20+ years later.

We certainly can't try amnesty again, it obviously didn't work. So what then? It's easy for people who don't live near the border to scoff at us and look down their prim noses. They don't have to deal on a daily basis of what comes from having a huge illegal population. Tough times call for tough action.

People who try and throw the race card around are people who don't have any better reasons as to why this law shouldn't be passed. I don't think any law abiding citizen of any physical description would truly have a problem being stopped or pulled over or whatever, as long as they were let go without a ticket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top