U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-01-2010, 02:07 AM

9,247 posts, read 6,107,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dude View Post
I'm just going to say what I have to say and leave, Personally I love that Arizona has passed this bill into law, Yes it isn't perfect but it is certainly better than being without. Police Officers are not just going to walk up to someone and demand papers, or harass anybody. It's simple, an officer asks you for ID, You open your wallet, pull it out and hand it to the officer. If it's good, your good to go. Plus this racial profiling is just people ASSUMING the bill targets Mexicans [which of course aren't even a race they are just people of Mexican descent]because they're often associated with illegal immigration. You can have an illegal Czech, or Chinese, Saudi Arabian, or Turkish immigrant. Don't have papers or ID then that's just too bad there are plenty of ways to become legal in this country, If your legal you have nothing to worry about.
Kind of my take on the thing. Seems like people will just need to get their papers in order and no worries. Calling it racist of actually enforce the law of the land seems silly.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:52 AM

5,579 posts, read 8,052,904 times
Why isn't Arizona answering questions about Out of State Driver's Licenses? A New Mexico senator asked about that too yesterday. Is a New Mexico driver's license going to be good enough to prove you are legal? New Mexicans question Arizona law - Las Cruces Sun-News

What about California driver's licenses and Utah driver's licenses?

Old 05-01-2010, 10:46 AM

5,102 posts, read 3,919,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
I don't get the controversy. It's simple enough to me, if they ain't supposed to be here, kick 'em out. We need not make same mistake my Cherokee (and other Indian) ancestors did. It's like 200 to 500 years all over again, the Indians did not expel the Palefaces when they could have successfully done it, and look what happened to 'em. Now, people coming into America through legal channels and not swamping us under, no problem, but just letting people come in masses and not doing anything about it, among them drug dealers, gangs, and thieves that ain't even citizens here, the hell with it. If ya' don't agree with me, I honestly don't care. Nothing against Hispanics, I ain't the whitest cracker around myself, and yes, many from south of the border have Native American Indian heritage same as me, instead of Cherokee and Powhatan, etc., more like Aztec and Raramuri and Maya, etc., but I am legally a citizen of U.S. and born here and make my living and pay my taxes here, I have never in my life been dependent on immigrant labor (legal or illegal) for ANYTHING, so don't say all Americans are lazy and need the "cheap foreign help" to take care of themselves. If people illegally without papers were to go to Mexico, they would be deported (or imprisoned or worse) and would deserve it. Same should be vice versa, and as I said if you don't agree with me, who cares.
I don't have Cherokee, that I know of, but I am descended from Powhaton. I always say my ancestors met my ancestors when the boat docked!

As for what you've written about the rest...I agree. I hope this 'mess' gets straightened out soon. I really really don't like being called a racist and told I don't care about 'human rights' because that's just not true.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:06 AM

7,972 posts, read 16,166,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dude View Post
I'm just going to say what I have to say and leave, Personally I love that Arizona has passed this bill into law, Yes it isn't perfect but it is certainly better than being without. Police Officers are not just going to walk up to someone and demand papers, or harass anybody. It's simple, an officer asks you for ID, You open your wallet, pull it out and hand it to the officer. If it's good, your good to go. Plus this racial profiling is just people ASSUMING the bill targets Mexicans [which of course aren't even a race they are just people of Mexican descent]because they're often associated with illegal immigration. You can have an illegal Czech, or Chinese, Saudi Arabian, or Turkish immigrant. Don't have papers or ID then that's just too bad there are plenty of ways to become legal in this country, If your legal you have nothing to worry about.
Very valid point, Dude.

Isn't it obvious so many individuals are actively searching for reasons to dislike and demonstrate against this law?

I wonder how many screaming opponents have actually read the law?

Old 05-01-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very valid point, Dude.

Isn't it obvious so many individuals are actively searching for reasons to dislike and demonstrate against this law?

I wonder how many screaming opponents have actually read the law?
According to what I'm seeing, as I surf around the web, not many have actually read the bill. They are listening to their favorite pundits and not bothering to do any actual research for themselves. And way too many don't realize that this bill was actually crafted from the Federal law. We are just a buncha "backwater racists" who love stomping on folks civil rights. Okay....

Old 05-01-2010, 11:37 AM

1,531 posts, read 2,400,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
I don't get the controversy. It's simple enough to me, if they ain't supposed to be here, kick 'em out. We need not make same mistake my Cherokee (and other Indian) ancestors did. It's like 200 to 500 years all over again, the Indians did not expel the Palefaces when they could have successfully done it, and look what happened to 'em. Now, people coming into America through legal channels and not swamping us under, no problem, but just letting people come in masses and not doing anything about it, among them drug dealers, gangs, and thieves that ain't even citizens here, the hell with it. If ya' don't agree with me, I honestly don't care. Nothing against Hispanics, I ain't the whitest cracker around myself, and yes, many from south of the border have Native American Indian heritage same as me, instead of Cherokee and Powhatan, etc., more like Aztec and Raramuri and Maya, etc., but I am legally a citizen of U.S. and born here and make my living and pay my taxes here, I have never in my life been dependent on immigrant labor (legal or illegal) for ANYTHING, so don't say all Americans are lazy and need the "cheap foreign help" to take care of themselves. If people illegally without papers were to go to Mexico, they would be deported (or imprisoned or worse) and would deserve it. Same should be vice versa, and as I said if you don't agree with me, who cares.
your Cherokee huh. Well I am Cherokee and we dont say palefaces, too john wayne. if your Cherokee you should know that some Cherokee during our forced removal ran into mexico to get away from the murder and abuse that was happening to them. my problem is I possibly could be harrassed for being brown on friday night, as well as my family, how fair is that? not
I agree if they are not legal get out but not this way.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:33 PM

7,972 posts, read 16,166,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
According to what I'm seeing, as I surf around the web, not many have actually read the bill. They are listening to their favorite pundits and not bothering to do any actual research for themselves. And way too many don't realize that this bill was actually crafted from the Federal law. We are just a buncha "backwater racists" who love stomping on folks civil rights. Okay....
Very SAD, isn't it, AZDesert?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 PM

121 posts, read 103,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
On any given day the whole Criminal justice system will grind to a halt as the police start wasting their time arresting and processing the 600,000 or so illegals here. After hours of work they will wind up back in Nogales or Naco, or Agua Prieta to start the process over. Until we start mandatory jail time for those EMPLOYING the illegals, we have nothing
Landlords should not be allowed to let them live in their rentals either. And they most certainly shouldn't bet getting free medical care when the need arrives......We have a fed government that is enabling this to happen.....

Old 05-01-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very SAD, isn't it, AZDesert?
Not only sad but it totally ticks me off. You can't imagine the raking over I've been getting...even from longtime online friends! And I'm not being extreme in either direction. Gee, maybe I should be rethinking all my Facebook friends.

On one forum I go to there's a really long thread debating the merits of a drivers license as proof of citizenship. Wowza! And half of them honestly believe they need a birth certificate/passport to come to AZ. I swear, I sometimes doubt the intelligence of otherwise intelligent people. And they are a very good mix of Democrats and Republicans too, which just proves to me that this ISN'T a political thing but probably more a cultural thing. Even my good friends from CA are protesting this bill all the while complaining about their OWN illegal immigrant problem. Sheesh!

Mod Cut: Personal info.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 05-01-2010 at 12:50 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 12:40 PM

24,293 posts, read 16,357,122 times
Default legal document and non legal ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Why isn't Arizona answering questions about Out of State Driver's Licenses? A New Mexico senator asked about that too yesterday. Is a New Mexico driver's license going to be good enough to prove you are legal? New Mexicans question Arizona law - Las Cruces Sun-News

What about California driver's licenses and Utah driver's licenses?
Where on the ID of a drivers license or other document does it show that a person IS a citizen of the country?

These IDís are not legal for proof of citizenship. Only a birth certificate, or passport will provide that information at this time.

How many people (citizens or not) carry any proof that they are a citizen today or in the past?

Unless you are a tourist visiting from outside the country chances are you donít have your passport with you? And Iím sure you donít carry a birth certificate with you.

Good bad or different "very one" will be required to carry citizenship documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona