Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 03:55 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Starting in Washington would be a good start. If they would be doing their job to protect our borders, we would not have this as separate state issues. We have spent how much abroad? Put that money here and take care of our own first before venturing out might be nice...and this is coming from a military mom with son with 2 tours outside...We have citizens in the US that could use that....time to .
nice post granny! i agree

Old 05-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And you run with your ball further: many Indian tribes/nations were arguably as brutal with outsiders prior to the arrival of the Euros as the latter were to your ancestors. The Comanches and Aztecs were not exactly 'nice'--------they played hard ball.

Hell: what does one call a Cherokee family reunion? The United States of America since some many of us Americans (of any ethnicity) DO have Cherokee back in our family trees----------especially Southerners, both Black and White.
no not all americans have cherokee yeah lots do and some of us live it and honor it, learn it and many just dont give a damn which is sad

Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
I do not back down from anything at all that I wrote, and I ain't ashamed of anything I wrote, and if you are trying to compare Sequoyah and other Cherokees going to Mexico to find refuge and peace with illegal drug and human smugglers coming from south of the border (many aren't even from Mexico, a lot are from Guatamala and El Salvador and other points south), you are way off base. Actually, I liked Clint Eastwood a lot more than John Wayne....ever see "The Outlaw Josey Wales"? My favorite on that was Chief Dan George. Besides, how do I know you are Cherokee? Nothing wrong with being brown (I ain't the whitest person in the world myself)...I just think outsiders should go through proper channels if they want to live here. Anyway, peace, and have a great day.
i agree with you people should be here legally -thats not the issue with me, i feel they need to find another way to do it, this law will be harrassing people like us and the people who are here legally by profiling. btw i wasnt comparing what happened with the cherokee then to the drug smuggling and stuff going on now, what i was saying is that there are decendants of cherokees in mexico. i just told you i was cherokee just as you stated you were thats how you know.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:01 PM

86 posts, read 258,919 times
It gives me a bad vibe,you cant single out one group so i see a national ID card coming.The government should have secured the border like they were suppose to after reagan signed the amnesty crap in 1986.And what part of illegal cant people understand.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:13 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron17571 View Post
It gives me a bad vibe,you cant single out one group so i see a national ID card coming.The government should have secured the border like they were suppose to after reagan signed the amnesty crap in 1986.And what part of illegal cant people understand.
That brings up another curiosity point for me: as much as I liked Reagan as President, I wonder why in the hell he proceeded with such a ridiculous maneuver as signing that 1986 amnesty bill into law. What was he thinking??? For that matter, every one of our Presidents has been rather lax on the problem of illegal aliens. Both Bushes and Obama have been no exception. It seems like they are all under some kind of a P.C. umbrella ... and somehow believing that doing nothing will win them votes.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:15 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
That brings up another curiosity point for me: as much as I liked Reagan as President, I wonder why in the hell he proceeded with such a ridiculous maneuver as signing that 1986 amnesty bill into law. What was he thinking??? For that matter, every one of our Presidents has been rather lax on the problem of illegal aliens. Both Bushes and Obama have been no exception. It seems like they are all under some kind of a P.C. umbrella ... and somehow believing that doing nothing will win them votes.
Two words for you.....Bilderburg group.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:25 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
Too little too late!! We needed this law 10 years ago, 10 times stronger, in all states. Before America lost its balls and sold its own soul to the lowest bidder. But better than nothing I guess. Now, will it actually be enforced? Or will the U.S. spend eternity bickering and arguing about how 'racist' the law is... etc....?? And then no one will end up enforcing it..? If it DOES work, I'll believe it when I see it. But ALL states need to UNITE and stand up to this problem... for this law to work. Send the criminals back where they came from, and how about actually ENFORCING citizenship for a change.... give cops the resources to seek out, find, and deport illegals who drive without licenses before they hit and kill more people (and flee the scene, of course). Give the jobs back to American citizens-- who NEED JOBS!!! People need to be forced by law- to quit hiring illegals and paying them nothing, which has driven down wages for everyone. Also it has destroyed any sense of worker's rights or occupational safety because employers can now get away with anything, since illegals usually feel they can't complain-- so now they exploit everyone. Both the illegal, and the American-- who they tell, 'I can just give your job to a Mexican for half the price I'm paying you.' All those years of hard work securing worker's rights and living wages down the drain. How about, start cracking down on rich folks for hiring their Mexican low-wage slaves without checking documentation. Oh boo-hoo, no more cheap lawn care. How bout this-- get off your butt and mow your own d@mn lawn!

What about raising a little hell for all those H1B visas that our government issues to bring in workers from other countries and replace well qualified American workers? This (legal) practice has brought down wages considerably and it has displaced Americans from good paying jobs.

BTW, I pay a landscaping service that is owned by a legal immigrant who is licensed, bonded and insured.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 PM

382 posts, read 1,355,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I fail to see how Obama has anything to do with this topic. In any case, Obama is the one US president in the last 30 years or so who deserves the least of the blame for the current immigration mess.
Ok, so Obama has nothing to do with getting Illegal Immigration Reform going on a Federal level... I thought that was one of the promises he had made to Americans upon becoming President, but I suppose I could be completely off base there right? I am just going off from my memory on that one...

I don't blame him for the mess at all, never have, but that doesn't mean something shouldn't be done and done soon. I think our Law is a great start, not the best thought out one, but at least it's something.

Not to diminish the seriousness of the oil spill, I truly understand the gravity of the issue there, but the National Guard was brought out to that pretty darn quickly imo. Illegal Aliens running around in our country with AK-47's don't warrant the same level of recognition I guess.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
What about raising a little hell for all those H1B visas that our government issues to bring in workers from other countries and replace well qualified American workers? This (legal) practice has brought down wages considerably and it has displaced Americans from good paying jobs.

BTW, I pay a landscaping service that is owned by a legal immigrant who is licensed, bonded and insured.
Since Obama took office he has issued over 1.5 million visas. Not sure why this would not suffice in lieu of just letting them come across that horrible desert.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
I saw on the news that quite a few of the officers in Arizona are mixed on this law. A few of them are not going to enforce it. They think that is the job of the federal government. One officer said that if he pulls over a motorist for a moving violation, he will only issue a ticket and check for outstanding warrants, but not question legal status. Also, he mentioned about the paperwork involved. Has there been a local poll asking law enforcement how they feel about this law? Just curious on what they're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona