U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-13-2010, 12:50 PM
 
Location: South Jersey
320 posts, read 278,587 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
The time has come for the U.S. Taxpayers to cut the billions in aid to Mexico and apply that money to our own Border Security / Safety.

See Bummer this part I agree with you on in part. You lost me with the whole invasion thing, that's a little to drama queen for my tastes.

It's time for the U.S. Taxpayer to PAY ATTENTION! As I said in a previous post, this shouldn't be an Arizona issue, it should be a National issue. But the US Govt chooses to come up with ideas like building a freakin fence along the Border..ask the residents of San Ysidro, CA how well Border Fences work.

My point is WAKE UP people! You stand up on your high horse and condemn these people for trying to provide a better life for their family, my god do you lack so much empathy that you can't place yourself in that situation? If it was your child wouldn't you do whatever you had to? If you say no you're either a liar or shouldn't be a parent. The real fault lies with the Governments of The United States and Mexico.

 
Old 05-13-2010, 01:16 PM
 
5,453 posts, read 3,750,898 times
Reputation: 2141
As a PARENT & US CITIZEN, the suggestion that doing everything for my kids INCLUDING ILLEGAL things is OFFENSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST. I have 3 kids and all tho not easy, definitely not a reason to do anything illegal! what LESSON will that teach my kids exactly? But if this is what you are suggesting, then it's no wonder so many generations of Mexicans have no clue what "ILLEGAL" means!!!! WOW!

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS NEVER AGAINST IMMIGRANTS, THIS WHOLE LAW IS TO PREVENT PPL FROM IMMIGRATING HERE ILLEGALLY, THIS LAW IS SO THAT PEOPLE WHO WANT TO COME HERE FOR WHATEVER REASON, TO COME HERE LEGALLY, AND WHOEVER IS HERE ILLEGALLY TO BECOME LEGAL OR GO HOME!!!! NO immigration office will turn you down if you attempt to come here legally. Unless you're a criminal. People from Europe immigrate here legally every day, people from INDIA immigrate here every day and my hat goes down to them for being EXTREMELY polite, SPEAK ENGLISH and have great knowledge of COMMON SENSE.

I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS SUCH A HARD CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND. But I did notice that these illegals not only cannot speak English, as a sign of RESPECT for the country they want to eat from, but also that the first thing they learned in English is: "Hate" & "Racial Profiling"!!! THAT ALONE speaks volumes about the quality of people that cross here illegally and some of their legal counterparts.

In all honesty, Mod Cut: Rascist, I would be embarrassed to my ancestors for this behavior and also for the fact that these people are trying to HIDE this behavior UNDER the "Racial Profiling" umbrella and blame the US for it! what a load of HYPOCRISY!

Last edited by Grannysroost; 05-13-2010 at 01:46 PM..
 
Old 05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
7,862 posts, read 15,515,782 times
Reputation: 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
See Bummer this part I agree with you on in part. You lost me with the whole invasion thing, that's a little to drama queen for my tastes.
Severe, absolutely, but definitely not "drama queen," Lay.

How would you address the very same actions (entering illegally and stealing anything and everything worthwhile) if they involved your own home?

It is an invasion and I'm not so certain it isn't being endorsed and supported by the Corrupt Mexican Government, especially after hearing President Calderon openly slam Arizona's SB1070. Even more disturbing when you consider the strictly enforced immigration laws of Mexico that no one wants to discuss.
 
Old 05-13-2010, 01:39 PM
 
Location: South Jersey
320 posts, read 278,587 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
In all honesty, Mod Cut, I would be embarrassed to my ancestors for this behavior and also for the fact that these people are trying to HIDE this behavior UNDER the "Racial Profiling" umbrella and blame the US for it! what a load of HYPOCRISY!
Definition of Hypocrisy - Saying one thing, while doing another.

So I guess I'd question your grasp of english there, considering that there was a pretty sizable rant about hispanics not speaking english..Mod cut: Personal..IRONY.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 05-13-2010 at 01:49 PM..
 
Old 05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
 
Location: South Jersey
320 posts, read 278,587 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Severe, absolutely, but definitely not "drama queen," Lay.
Fair enough..I'll agree with severe.
 
Old 05-13-2010, 01:49 PM
 
5,453 posts, read 3,750,898 times
Reputation: 2141
I guess you're not getting how "illegal" works......


What if someone enters you house, and camps out in your kitchen...eats your food, (because the money he/she makes are Western'd Union'd back to Mexico...)
flashes with the water YOU pay for...uses YOUR band aids.....drives without a valid license, to name just a small few items....(remember this is someone you don't know).....is that legal? is trespassing someone property legal??
Do we need to do re-enactments so you have a "visual"???

On your last, yes hypocrisy, because these illegals are trying to cry "racial profiling" when in fact they should take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for coming here illegally. The Mexican gov should apologize to the US for these ppl's behavior & pay tax payers back...The US already has immigration laws, and has them for quite a while.......stop pretending this is flash news somehow.....this ain't a telenovela!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
Oh boy..where to start..

Ok so I guess the first thing that jumps out at me is when did I become a representative of the Mexican Govt.? And who said we owe Mexico anything? I read and re-read my post and I'm having trouble putting that together.

Secondly when did belittling a race by referring to them in terms of their slaughtered ancestors become a term of endearment?

I would respond to the rest if it made any sense. Ramble much?
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:09 PM
 
Location: South Jersey
320 posts, read 278,587 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I guess you're not getting how "illegal" works......


What if someone enters you house, and camps out in your kitchen...eats your food, (because the money he/she makes are Western'd Union'd back to Mexico...)
flashes with the water YOU pay for...uses YOUR band aids.....drives without a valid license, to name just a small few items....(remember this is someone you don't know).....is that legal? is trespassing someone property legal??
Do we need to do re-enactments so you have a "visual"???

On your last, yes hypocrisy, because these illegals are trying to cry "racial profiling" when in fact they should take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for coming here illegally. The Mexican gov should apologize to the US for these ppl's behavior & pay tax payers back...The US already has immigration laws, and has them for quite a while.......stop pretending this is flash news somehow.....this ain't a telenovela!
algia I could talk to you all day dude, becuse the more you say the less i understand where you're coming from. but it's entertaining at least.

so let's move past your re-defining of words and address the spirit of what you say. i never thought that i'd say this, but i agree with part of what you said. people in this country illegally (btw, it's not a condition exclusive to hispanics) should take full responsibility for their actions (like keeping your produce costs low because they're payed slave wages). And you're right, the U.S. has immigrations laws on the books that are not being enforced properly..WHICH takes me back to my original point of this shouldn't be Arizona's problem, resulting in an ill conceived bill, it should be the National Govt's problem. So again, if you want to be pissed at someone..call your congressman!
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Status: "Fall? It's still summer!" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
4,857 posts, read 3,548,851 times
Reputation: 4692
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
See Bummer this part I agree with you on in part. You lost me with the whole invasion thing, that's a little to drama queen for my tastes.

It's time for the U.S. Taxpayer to PAY ATTENTION! As I said in a previous post, this shouldn't be an Arizona issue, it should be a National issue. But the US Govt chooses to come up with ideas like building a freakin fence along the Border..ask the residents of San Ysidro, CA how well Border Fences work.

My point is WAKE UP people! You stand up on your high horse and condemn these people for trying to provide a better life for their family, my god do you lack so much empathy that you can't place yourself in that situation? If it was your child wouldn't you do whatever you had to? If you say no you're either a liar or shouldn't be a parent. The real fault lies with the Governments of The United States and Mexico.
Drama queen??? Check this out and tell me we aren't being invaded!

Border Invasion Pics - Videos and photos of suspected border intruders entering the US

Check the dates on those videos and you'll see that this is happening VERY often here. You can't prove to us, who live here, that this isn't an "invasion". And, truthfully, it's worse than *I* even thought! People think of them coming in here in small groups of two or three or 1/2 a dozen but that's just not the case. Maybe we should just be thankful that they don't ALL stay in AZ.

Nobody condemns people for immigrating but I find it hard to understand why so many don't "get" the word ILLEGAL. I do agree that the "real fault lies with the governments...". As far as what I'd for my kids? I would make the best of what I had no matter where I was and that's exactly what I always did.
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Ma./Az.
1,051 posts, read 1,471,661 times
Reputation: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
.WHICH takes me back to my original point of this shouldn't be Arizona's problem, resulting in an ill conceived bill, it should be the National Govt's problem. So again, if you want to be pissed at someone..call your congressman!

Arizona had to do something seeing our lazy Govt refuses to! Do you really believe for one minute that call your congressman will do any good? Just look at all the lies from BOTH parties from ,oh lets say the last 30 years or so.They're more concerned about votes than doing what's right for the country so I applaud Az. for finally taking matters in their own hands to do right for their residents.If you haven't noticed there's 12 other states looking to do the same,maybe,just maybe someone in Govt. will finally wake up and start doing their JOB!

These are LAWS that have been in place but not enforced like they should've been for years! This isn't some nazi "show me your papers" movement or we'll throw you in jail for no good reason bill! Again, try going to Mexico or any other country and pull this crap and see where you end up!!!
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
 
253 posts, read 272,340 times
Reputation: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Nobody knows if companies have been fined or not. It doesn't make the news and we weren't there so how would we know? Not ALL the raids on businesses make the news either. It's happened a couple of times in Sedona and the only reason I knew about it is because I have friends who were working at the place when it did. Just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening.



Riiiiiight, now I believe it is happening.
We hear about the raids, and how many aliens were captured, but NEVER about any fines, even though heavy fines were imposed.
Riiiiiiight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top