U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2010, 08:03 PM

367 posts, read 354,343 times

Advertisements

Well folks, howdy. I just wanted to chime in here. My background:

Native californian (but hate to admit it). Left Cali in '97 for my new 'home' state of AZ (Pinetop). Then had to leave in '03, helped my mother move from Sandy Eggo county (Leucadia) and now live in Randle, WA to take care of family obligations (my mother will NEVER live in a nursing home). The North rim is the best. I remember when Slide Rock was a secret. Canyon De Chelle is better than Mesa Verde, or even the 'ruins' near Silver City, NM, IMHO. The road north to Clifton/Morenci used to be 666.

I just think that these 'boycotts' are BS. And here is what some of us in the NW are thinking about your situation, as I truly believe this is the 'real' reason for the new law, etc.:

Our take on the northern bordar on the killing of the rancher in Arizona

You will note that there is a poster in that thread who has posted in this thread as well.

AZMike, you are spot on.

I had more to say, but, my mind is getting old and such. But my prayers and heart and soul still reside in you, Arizona. God bless.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:29 PM

25,100 posts, read 24,518,421 times
A couple of the leading candidates in the race for Governor in California state that they fully support Arizona new law re immigration and would push for the same in California.

IMO, the genie is out of the bottle.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 PM

96 posts, read 179,652 times
I was thinking about the law last night, why don't they just say in the law EVERYONE has to carry U.S. identification around?

You know what it is? The illegal mexicans know there in the wrong and they hate having there freebees taken away.

That's all it comes down too.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:56 PM

7,972 posts, read 16,174,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A couple of the leading candidates in the race for Governor in California state that they fully support Arizona new law re immigration and would push for the same in California.

I could not agree more, Greatday!

In spite of these people who have a Crystal Ball . . . only time will tell.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:08 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,592,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

This is like the "Can of worms" no one wants to open. But once opened,everyone wants in on it!

Well,almost everyone.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:18 PM

154 posts, read 142,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
I'm not lobbying for illegals. It is the citizens that look like illegals that I'm worried about.
And what would they look like?

Quote:
There are citizens that have not learned the language well, and it is a good possibility that a police officer will suspect they are illegal.
And why is that wrong again? The vast majority of americans born here can speak English fluently along with the fact that the pretty much every single legal immigrant carrying a visa/green card can also speak English pretty much fluently. Police suspect people who have slurred speech are drunk drivers, what is to say people with speech disabilities won't be suspected of drunk driving?

Quote:
Full fledged citizens are not required to carry proof of citizenship. Are you required to carry proof of citizenship?
Ya so? But it is ok to require Legal immigrants to carry their green cards on them at all times with the 1940 Alien registration act but it is not ok to require the same thing of citizens? Isn't that hypocritical that you people who are here legally but not born here or have american citizenship have to carry documents on them at all times but citizens don't?

Quote:
If someone is a passenger in a vehicle, they are not required to carry ID/DL. If they are pulled over by a cop, the cop can now question citizenship if he suspects they are illegal. The police officer can take them in for further investigation. I'm talking about full fledged citizens. Is that right?
Yes considering that is exactly how police officers deal with other types of crimes, if you are suspected they take you in for further investigation, and my god they do this to full fledged citizens on all types of criminal investigations/charges. Guess what dude, they can do this if you are the driver and you don't carry a drivers license and proof of insurance(depending upon the state) and guess what they can arrest you for that for further investigation and they do it to full fledge citizens.

Quote:
A citizen that is not driving a car, boarding a plane, or buying cigarettes does not have to carry an ID. Look it up it's the law.
Why would someone who is not buying something have to provide ID? No a passenger does not have to carry ID but it is illegal to supply false information when it comes to your identity, you can't give a false name or address etc to a police officer when they ask for it, if you do they can arrest you for it.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:29 PM

154 posts, read 142,314 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about illegals having rights. There's a good chance SB 1070 will be determined to be unconstitutional.
Really? What about State drug laws that make it a crime to be in possession of crack or pot? If the argument is that the states don't have the right to make state laws about immigration then states don't have the right to make laws about drugs that are federal laws, oh wait they do all the time, how many states have made it a state crime to be in possession of crack or pot, pretty much all of them.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 PM

492 posts, read 786,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrat View Post

You know what it is? The illegal mexicans know there in the wrong and they hate having there freebees taken away.

That's all it comes down too.
Exactly, and those protesting AZ's law seem to think it's ok to reward them for breaking the law by giving them freebies and taking better care of them than our own citizens.

Last edited by Yac; 12-08-2014 at 03:24 AM..

Old 05-16-2010, 10:43 PM

1,046 posts, read 2,101,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris000 View Post
Exactly, and those protesting AZ's law seem to think it's ok to reward them for breaking the law by giving them freebies and taking better care of them than our own citizens.
Or....We have just a bit more respect for the Constitution than you do. There are better ways to deal with the problem.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:05 AM

96 posts, read 179,652 times
Well folks that's why I am leaving L.A. at the end of this month. I think there is going to be riots here by the end of the year.

Im passing by Flagstaff and spending two nights there as part of my buy-cott Arizona instead of going via Utah/Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona