U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
541 posts, read 494,333 times
Reputation: 720
Reports are surfacing around the Valley that illegal-immigrant families with school-age children are fleeing Arizona because of a new immigration law.

Schools: Immigrant families leaving Arizona because of new immigration law

 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:03 AM
 
5,453 posts, read 3,818,889 times
Reputation: 2141
good!


Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
reports are surfacing around the valley that illegal-immigrant families with school-age children are fleeing arizona because of a new immigration law.

schools: Immigrant families leaving arizona because of new immigration law
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:04 AM
 
5,453 posts, read 3,818,889 times
Reputation: 2141
they only reason they come here is because THEY CAN! BECAUSE WE'RE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHO CAN'T SECURE OUR OWN FREAKIN' BORDERS! SHAMEFUL!
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
 
1,194 posts, read 1,274,996 times
Reputation: 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
they only reason they come here is because THEY CAN! BECAUSE WE'RE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHO CAN'T SECURE OUR OWN FREAKIN' BORDERS! SHAMEFUL!
And don't forget that we give them everything we've got. Welfare checks for the asking, free medical for the entire family, foodstamps for the taking, housing subsidies, free quality education compared to their homeland among other things.
They get all the perks with absolutely no responsibilities.
Frankly, I don't blame these people for wanting to come here. If I were in their shoes, I'd be wanting to do the same thing. It's not the mexicans that are the problem, it's that we allow it.
I'll say it again. It's not a mexican thing. It's about responsibilities, it's about doing the right thing, the right way and respecting others. Who cares if you're white, black, brown, purple, pink or anything else.
If this was happening along our northern border and the problems were with Canadians, it would still be the same problem except we would be accused of racial profiling against people that say "eh?"
If Americans were flooding into Mexico or Canada and inundating their way of life, do you think they would allow it?
Not a chance.
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Status: "Extra blanket?? It's Fall!" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
4,971 posts, read 3,648,141 times
Reputation: 4852
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
Reports are surfacing around the Valley that illegal-immigrant families with school-age children are fleeing Arizona because of a new immigration law.

Schools: Immigrant families leaving Arizona because of new immigration law
I hope they don't expect me to sympathize much. If we have fewer students in the schools why would less money matter? As long as there's enough to educate the ones who ARE there. And this is probably going to sound...and be taken...as a racial slam but if we have more students who speak English and actually understand what's being taught, will our education scores go up? I don't intend it to be a 'slam' but I know that not everybody reads things as they are intended. I know some very good teachers AND students who excell but their schools get counted as "under achieving". That's sad.

The one lady who's singing the blues about her husband quitting his roofing job...after working it illegally for five years...well, no sympathy there either. I know several roofers who haven't been able to find a job for quite a while so maybe now they'll find one! Good luck to New Mexico with the influx of "new students and workers"!
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
7,891 posts, read 15,668,979 times
Reputation: 6409
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I hope they don't expect me to sympathize much. If we have fewer students in the schools why would less money matter? As long as there's enough to educate the ones who ARE there. And this is probably going to sound...and be taken...as a racial slam but if we have more students who speak English and actually understand what's being taught, will our education scores go up? I don't intend it to be a 'slam' but I know that not everybody reads things as they are intended. I know some very good teachers AND students who excell but their schools get counted as "under achieving". That's sad.

The one lady who's singing the blues about her husband quitting his roofing job...after working it illegally for five years...well, no sympathy there either. I know several roofers who haven't been able to find a job for quite a while so maybe now they'll find one! Good luck to New Mexico with the influx of "new students and workers"!
Definitely NOT a "racial slam" at all, AZDB . . . just basic reality.

Entering The United States ILLEGALLY and STEALING from our Social Services, including education facilities, are both crimes and, regardless of length of time involved, need to be addressed accordingly, including deportation.
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:28 AM
 
1,194 posts, read 1,274,996 times
Reputation: 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I hope they don't expect me to sympathize much. If we have fewer students in the schools why would less money matter? As long as there's enough to educate the ones who ARE there. And this is probably going to sound...and be taken...as a racial slam but if we have more students who speak English and actually understand what's being taught, will our education scores go up? I don't intend it to be a 'slam' but I know that not everybody reads things as they are intended. I know some very good teachers AND students who excell but their schools get counted as "under achieving". That's sad.

The one lady who's singing the blues about her husband quitting his roofing job...after working it illegally for five years...well, no sympathy there either. I know several roofers who haven't been able to find a job for quite a while so maybe now they'll find one! Good luck to New Mexico with the influx of "new students and workers"!
So this guy quits a roofing job? Hmm, that's not a low paying job? That's a job many Americans would love to have right now.
Where are the people that say that Americans aren't losing desirable jobs to illegal aliens?
The contractor or company this guy works for should be reported and a hefty fine put in place.
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:47 AM
 
220 posts, read 215,941 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
That's one incidence. Everyday law enforcement around up illegal's and doing it legally and not racial profiling. For every incidence you can sight, I can sight a 1000 of law enforcement roundem up just like they should be. If they can't prove they are suppose to be here, by any means that law enforcement will accept, then they are here illegally and we're sendem home.
Sure the Chandler Roundup was one incident. It was an incident that covered five days and involved the whole police department of Chandler, AZ.

Hispanics legal and illegal were stopped on the street and asked to prove citizenship.

Chandler had to pay half a million dollars to the citizens that were wrongfully arrested.

You people see nothing wrong with trampling the Consitution and infringing the civil rights of citizens? Oh, I forgot.

THE HISPANICS (Mexicans) asked for it.
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 AM
 
220 posts, read 215,941 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Goodneighbor1234... It's late, and I'm tired, but I looked in to see what was happening here and saw your posts.. You can talk all you want about racism, and profiling, and hatred and WHATEVER else you want .. but it won't change the facts.. And whether or not the killer of the phoenix officer was illegal ALSO doesn't change the facts..

Illegals in america kill approximately 4500 AMERICANS per year in auto accidents.. Illegals in america also kill ANOTHER approximately 4500 AMERICANS per year by murder.. Over the last 10 years that's at least 90,000 AMERICANS who should still be alive .. and probably considerably more than that, because I'm quite sure the figures have grown over the years.. (and before you say anything about how americans kill more than that themselves .. we HAVE to put up with those deaths because the ones doing the killing belong here .. but we should NOT have to put up with the deaths caused by people who SHOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE) ..

The statistics on sex offenses by illegals would keep you awake at night.. The numbers are outrageous.. There is NO way to justify america having to put up with THAT situation..

>>>And you seem to believe that insuring that no hispanic is profiled or disrespected is MORE IMPORTANT than preventing all the american deaths and sexual assaults commited by illegals.. I can't even find words to describe that.<<<

And PLEASE don't insult all those murdered and assaulted AMERICANS by saying that YOU want the illegals out too .. but just by a different method.. How many more lost lives and ruined families are you willing to accept to keep hispanic feelings from being hurt..

I looked for mainstream articles concerning crimes by illegals, because all the ones I found were on immigration reform sites.. But the numbers collected from government agencies .. compiled by people who think the subject is important.. I'm sure they are accurate .. and probably low.

If you want to see how accurately an important subject negative to illegals is portrayed .. just watch the mainstream media.. The farther they stay AWAY from it, the more likely it is that the picture painted is an accurate one.. And the mainstream media wants NOTHING to do with illegals crime statistics.. It doesn't present the " reality " they want to create. Opinions on immigration reform or laws is something the media can twist or misrepresent to their benefit .. but cold hard statistics on death and sexual assault are an unyielding blade that cuts far too deep for even the media to make palatable.. So they simply .. igonore it .. knowing the vast majority will not pay any attention unless they see it on their nightly news or read it in their paper..

And they're right.

And still others, who have the same goal as the media itself, will simply follow the media's lead and just ignore it.. somehow managing to make it all look just right within their own head..

What a sad state of affairs in which we now find our country.. And what an inopportune time to find ourselves at such in such a deficit of character..

tiberius
You bet your arse I do. Hispanic Americans didn't leave the border wide open. Why should the rights of legal American citizens that happen to be Hispanic not matter? Just because YOU say so?

Arizona has a history of doing this kind of thing.... and it hasn't changed. I bet you talk a lot about protecting the Constitution.... don't you?
 
Old 05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
 
5,453 posts, read 3,818,889 times
Reputation: 2141
That's her fault...what kind of parent is this? now she should explain to the 9 year/ old that "mommy is NOT supposed to be in this country" and it is HER fault that he's going to loose his friends!'

Mommy made money while in this country but was to lazy and felt too entitled to sit in line like all the rest of the decent people and become LEGAL.

Shame on ALL these parents....nobody is opposed to wanting a better life for children, but if you are MAKING MONEY in this country and don't bother to sit in line and become legal, then you do NOT DESERVE to be here! these people are giving such a bad name and reputation to all Hispanics around, it is a pity really!

Quote:
"They're just innocent children," she said. "The older one - he's 9 - says, 'Mommy, I have my friends here and my school.' They don't understand what in the world is going on."

Read more: Schools: Immigrant families leaving Arizona because of new immigration law


Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
Reports are surfacing around the Valley that illegal-immigrant families with school-age children are fleeing Arizona because of a new immigration law.

Schools: Immigrant families leaving Arizona because of new immigration law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top