U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-30-2010, 02:55 PM

7,973 posts, read 16,182,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
I'm an avid fisherman and I found this story about the illegals and drug runners stealing boats and demanding drugs and money from the business end of a machine gun.
Soon, very soon I fear, a couple of guys out peacefully fishing will get killed.
When will we learn?????
This story is actually out of Texas but the problem is the same.
Absolutely disgusting, Maverick.

What's even more disgusting is "glorifying" those Common Criminal Thugs by referring to them as Pirates.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:07 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,352,403 times
Yes, it is disgusting. I'm disgusted not only with people like that doing things like that, I'm disgusted that we as a nation are allowing it.
This isn't a "mexican" problem at all. It's a border problem and it's our own fault because we allow it. We have the manpower and the technology to end this. We have the money to do it. As a matter of fact, we would actually save BILLIONS of dollars if we ended the immigration problem.
We need to secure our borders for our own safety. Plain and simple. Many of the people crossing our borders only want to do us harm. They just want us as a society to disappear. 911 is a perfect example of that.
Here are a couple of newscast from Atlanta of all places and these concern illegal immigration.
Very interesting stuff.

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438021/index.html

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438712/index.html

Old 05-30-2010, 03:23 PM

128 posts, read 234,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post
Uhm yes we have, cause I posted it. open thy eyes.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/14397659-post1941.html

That's about the type of response that I'd expect.

Finding it hard to offer a plan?

Not surprised.

George

Old 05-30-2010, 03:51 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,592,129 times
These guys are all a bunch of hypocrites and need to go come November! Follow the timeline here and you'll see how now even Massachusetts wants to end illegals from obtaining state services!

First off on April 28th they voted against a bill by Republican State Rep. Jeff Perry who wanted to bar illegal immigrants from receiving state services.

Perry says colleagues “showed a total lack of respect for law-abiding taxpayers” | MassBeacon.com

Then on May 21st. State Rep. Mike Moran was in a serious car crash caused by a "suspected illegal immigrant".

State Rep. in accident with suspected illegal immigrant (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/politics/local_politics/state-rep-in-accident-with-suspected-illegal-immigrant-20100521 - broken link)

Now on May 28th the Massachusetts Senate approves proposal to prohibit illegal immigrants from obtaining state services!

Massachusetts Senate approves proposal to prohibit illegal immigrants from obtaining state services | Massachusetts Local News - MassLive.com

So I guess it only matters when it hits close to home!Our stupid Mayor wants to boycott Arizona,I wonder now if he's going to boycott Boston! I still cannot believe anyone would be against SB1070 besides the 20+ million illegals! Oh, I forgot jessie and Al...Right Bummer

Old 05-30-2010, 04:27 PM

326 posts, read 247,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
That code and a lot of other information about different forms of ID; the laws and problems in each state; the current concerns in each border state; and the fact that Mexican troops are even crossing our borders in remote areas can be found at USBorderPatrol.com America's First Line of Defense

one very important thing we keep saying - REALLY PEOPLE - our police and border patrol are underfunded, under staffed, over regulated, and burned by all the past issues with this. They profile - MS13 Tats, 15 people in a small honda racing along at 4 AM near the border, someone who can't produce ANY ID and doesn't show up in the extensive 50-state ID system when they pull them over; someone driving a stolen car; someone exhibiting mannerisms indicative of a person up to no good. They aren't profiling my auntie who is driving to get ice cream. They don't have time and don't want to do the paperwork, trust me, i know.

Please go to the site i mentioned and look around. Look at the huge number of ID's a person could be carrying. Look at the commentary about the law. Look at the commentary about Al Qaida and their goals to cross in here by any means necessary. Look at comments even about the Northern borders. This is a law primarily designed to help local law enforcement assist the Border Patrol. This is a Border Patrol issue. There are really really really bad, evil, inconceivable creeps coming across our borders. THAT is who this law is designed to catch. Not even the 18 year old girl who admitted it. (Though she really needs to be brought in just for her hubris.)

This is of interest on the front page of the site i mentioned - and it's a good bit of information for us all:

The twentyseventh reason for our separation from England — as listed in our Declaration of Independence <The Declaration of Independence> — is the King's refusal to provide the people of America with a secure border.

I'm sorry, I don't see where the US border patrol may ask me or anyone else for ID at anytime on that non-government site. They, nor any other government official may require ID at ANY time. That is false hyperbole.

Reference US v Brignoni-Ponce

Last edited by mauiwowie; 05-30-2010 at 04:57 PM..

Old 05-30-2010, 05:13 PM

299 posts, read 311,432 times
Granny... I agree completely.. And I've stated more than once that I feel everyone should carry their ID at all times.. If you're swimming or playing sports it should be with your clothes or in the car.. I've mentioned that I never leave the house without mine.. Mod Cut: There are many nationalities of illegals, albeit, and many of that nationality also are legal. I believe its the most simple of expectations from ALL citizens.. Mod Cut: They have not proclaimed that.

If there is an existing SERIOUS problem being addressed, ( which there is ), Mod Cut: See above and say illegals if that is what you are referring to, and the simplest and most effective way they could help would be to make sure to carry ID, and not come unglued if they are asked to provide it, ( which is also true ), ... then that seems EXTRAORDINARILY little to ask of them.. as citizens and especially as legal alien guests.. It amazes me that everyone on ALL sides can't agree even on that one point.. Not only do hispanic citizens, legal residents, and their anglo supporters openly make the claim of not carrying ID, but make it plain that they have no intention of doing so.. and they say it not only with arrogance, but with apparent pride.

Its like we're all on a cruise ship out in the ocean.. and we're takin on water.. fast. .. It seems the crew wasn't doing their job, because the ship can support 100 people, and there's 150 on board.. Well, the crew STILL isn't doing their job.. If anything, they're interfering with efforts to save the ship.. Not only that, but HALF the passengers are bailing like hell to get the water out of the ship .. while the other half is doing nothing, because their ticked doesn't say they're required to help bail.. Everytime someone on the bailing side comes up with an idea to save the ship, the people on the other side check their ticket to see if their participation is required.. ( not that they'd help, even if it DID say so ).. They're only input is to say ... " I checked the ship's constitution and it doesn't say I have to help .. in fact, it says you can't make me help .. oh, by the way, could you all bail faster, its getting wet back here ..... and where's my lunch."

tiberius

Last edited by Grannysroost; 05-30-2010 at 05:26 PM..

Old 05-30-2010, 05:30 PM

8,677 posts, read 10,002,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Not only do hispanic citizens, legal residents, and their anglo supporters openly make the claim of not carrying ID, but make it plain that they have no intention of doing so.. and they say it not only with arrogance, but with apparent pride.

tiberius
Exactly, If I am not driving, out to get alcohol or tobacco, I should not "have" to carry ID...i.e., taking my dog for a walk, walking my granddaughter to the corner store to get a slushie or something similar, this is the United States of America, where does it say I "have" to carry identification in those or similar circumstances? The last I heard we were not in a policed country?

Old 05-30-2010, 05:39 PM

7,973 posts, read 16,182,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Exactly, If I am not driving, out to get alcohol or tobacco, I should not "have" to carry ID...i.e., taking my dog for a walk, walking my granddaughter to the corner store to get a slushie or something similar, this is the United States of America, where does it say I "have" to carry identification in those or similar circumstances? The last I heard we were not in a policed country?
I could not agree more, Granny.

However, times have definitely changed over the last few decades and if a simple act of carrying ID contributes to keeping our country safe, both financially and physically, I will gladly carry ID and anything else that helps.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:47 PM

299 posts, read 311,432 times
Default Close, but no cigar ...

SoldierBoyBliss... ID'ing everyone won't work.. The idea of ID'ing ANYONE has far too much opposition.. And you'd STILL have the ones who refuse to carry ID.. The solution can't include using ID's to find the illegals.. At least not out amoung the public.. Just won't happen.. But it DOES need to be part of EVERYONE interacting with government services.. We need something acceptable to all, that is also effective.. But that solution simply may not be out there.. And it appears the "other" side won't accept any plan that's less than perfect.. Which means it's likely that no solution is possible.. But at least you made an effort.. Try to come up with something else..

The problem is that its not whether the suggested solutions are "right" or "wrong" .. or even legal or illegal.. That's not the bar we have to clear.. We have to please a segment of the population which has no intention of accepting anything.. So the solution has to be so simple and so obvious and so benign that they can't find ANY reason to oppose it ....... yet still be effective..

On the bright side .. if we DO find a solution THAT perfect.. it will probably also cure the common cold and lead us to a grand unification equation for physics .. So think HARD folks... there's alot more at stake than meets the eye.

tiberius

Old 05-30-2010, 05:59 PM

5,453 posts, read 4,050,221 times
OK, but what if you have a heart attack, stroke, etc. while out alone walking the dog? how is the paramedic identify you?

You don't "have" to per some law, I think you "have too" for your own safety should something happen to you....I carry my wallet everywhere I go and have all the business cards for all my doctors and the kids doctors, the only identification I don't carry is the SS.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona