Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Or maybe half a dozen Israelis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
In my opinion, Arizona should outsource this problem, and bring in a million Russian soldiers to patrol the Arizona border.
Nah.

Our military is the equal of the best of the world. Hell; our Armed Forces would receive valuable hands-on training in dealing with 'situations'

Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
What a terrible law. This isn't going to do anything positive for our state. The exact opposite is true.
What a ridiculous statement, Roundball . . .

Why do you lock your doors and windows when away from home? Why do you close and lock your vehicles when left unattended?

I'll tell you why . . . to protect your property and for the safety of you and your family. The same applies to our borders. We have more than enough "home grown" common criminals as it is, we do not need to open our borders to more.

This new law, along with eliminating the incentives, will discourage the illegals.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,482,827 times
Sure it will discourage them...the border is still wide open though. It will discourage many from staying in AZ. That doesn't solve the countries problem if they are just going to Iowa or NC instead of staying here. The article stated and I think that crime will go up. Why is someone going to want to have any contact with the police if they are going to ask them for papers. From what I understand, this allows the police to drive by my house and ask me for proof of citizenship, while I'm mowing my front yard. You don't find that a bit ludicrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Why do you lock your doors and windows when away from home? Why do you close and lock your vehicles when left unattended?

I'll tell you why . . . to protect your property and for the safety of you and your family. The same applies to our borders. We have more than enough "home grown" common criminals as it is, we do not need to open our borders to more.

In the other part of my last post I said I was all for full militarization of the border. The thing is a sieve and is only halfa**ed monitored. Until they fix that nothing else will matter. I don't need some silly law that seems a bit unconstitutional to me. Give me something that will make a difference. The employer law that is already on the books is a great law. To bad it's not enforced.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,252,641 times
As a registered Libertarian, one thing that I have frequently disagreed with my party about is the topic of immigration. Unfortunately, a fair share of Libertarians believe in open borders because it equates to free trade and cheap labor ... but I say that one of the main functions of the government is to protect our borders. Our founding fathers believed in defense of our borders, and this IS highly Constitutional. Open borders and lax enforcement mean nothing but trouble.

I also believe that the Fourteenth Amendment needs to be repealed. When it was written, it was never intended to grant amnesty to anchor babies ... but the wording has allowed children of illegal aliens to become naturalized citizens. This is wrong! If the parent is illegal, so is the kid. It may be cold and uncaring, but it's the truth.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,086 times
Too little too late!! We needed this law 10 years ago, 10 times stronger, in all states. Before America lost its balls and sold its own soul to the lowest bidder. But better than nothing I guess. Now, will it actually be enforced? Or will the U.S. spend eternity bickering and arguing about how 'racist' the law is... etc....?? And then no one will end up enforcing it..? If it DOES work, I'll believe it when I see it. But ALL states need to UNITE and stand up to this problem... for this law to work. Send the criminals back where they came from, and how about actually ENFORCING citizenship for a change.... give cops the resources to seek out, find, and deport illegals who drive without licenses before they hit and kill more people (and flee the scene, of course). Give the jobs back to American citizens-- who NEED JOBS!!! People need to be forced by law- to quit hiring illegals and paying them nothing, which has driven down wages for everyone. Also it has destroyed any sense of worker's rights or occupational safety because employers can now get away with anything, since illegals usually feel they can't complain-- so now they exploit everyone. Both the illegal, and the American-- who they tell, 'I can just give your job to a Mexican for half the price I'm paying you.' All those years of hard work securing worker's rights and living wages down the drain. How about, start cracking down on rich folks for hiring their Mexican low-wage slaves without checking documentation. Oh boo-hoo, no more cheap lawn care. How bout this-- get off your butt and mow your own d@mn lawn!

Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
BEAUTIFULLY STATED, Opalminor!

Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 AM

94 posts, read 317,978 times
Quote:
It will discourage many from staying in AZ.
To anyone who will leave because of this law all I can say is don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Enforcement of this law along with the penalty to employers will go a long way to solving the illegals problem in Arizona.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:28 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,888,905 times
Quote:
What a terrible law. This isn't going to do anything positive for our state. The exact opposite is true.

All we need to do is build a wall and call it a day. Build a Berlin style wall along the whole border.
Build a 25 ft. wall and they'll bring a 26 ft. ladder. If you want to stop illegals from coming to AZ you have to eliminate the incentive, employment.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
Build a 25 ft. wall and they'll bring a 26 ft. ladder. If you want to stop illegals from coming to AZ you have to eliminate the incentive, employment.
Have our military secure our border using rules of engagement pertaining to anybody trying to cross without permission------------I will all but guarantee that even the Mexican Zetas would think twice since it would be an automatic death sentence.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
If you want to stop illegals from coming to AZ you have to eliminate the incentive, employment.
I think that pretty much everyone understands that simple truth. So you have to wonder why we haven't done that. I think it is because the ones who pay for our politicians - the business community to whom they are beholden - profits greatly from cheap labor that can be exploited. All we are going to see is silly half-measures that focus on the illegals, pander to the bigots among us and accomplish nothing. Big deal, we kick one out, there are ten more staged at the border to his place. We will never see the flood stop, as long as there is money to be made and the folks with money are greasing the palms of politicians who represent only them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona