Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
....legally speaking.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to illegal immigrants.
Many legal immigrants are FOR SB1070 from what I have heard and read. They resent they spent years coming here the legal way and have to pay (just like the rest of us) for the individuals who came here illegally. Even though there is a possibility they will some time have to show ID to prove their legal status, they are willing to do that to solve the problem. Just like many of us.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM

122 posts, read 307,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
Many legal immigrants are FOR SB1070 from what I have heard and read. They resent they spent years coming here the legal way and have to pay (just like the rest of us) for the individuals who came here illegally. Even though there is a possibility they will some time have to show ID to prove their legal status, they are willing to do that to solve the problem. Just like many of us.
Correct. People who may be taking issue with Arizona's Immigration Law are most likely those who know of friends and/or family who are here illegally, and they are most likely the ones out there protesting.

Suddenly, they're concerned about how Arizona will be handling illegal immigration? They never seemed to be worried about how the FEDS were handling it, and the US law is the one which actually has "racial profiling" possibilities.

What Arizona has REALLY done is to bring the situation to the forefront of everybody's attention. That's most likely THE reason which brought Calderon up to America from Mexico.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:02 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Zarape View Post
Correct. People who may be taking issue with Arizona's Immigration Law are most likely those who know of friends and/or family who are here illegally, and they are most likely the ones out there protesting.

Suddenly, they're concerned about how Arizona will be handling illegal immigration? They never seemed to be worried about how the FEDS were handling it, and the US law is the one which actually has "racial profiling" possibilities.

What Arizona has REALLY done is to bring the situation to the forefront of everybody's attention. That's most likely THE reason which brought Calderon up to America from Mexico.
Absolutely true. Although I have friends who were friends before I knew they were illegal. I am worried about them, but I am not protesting the law.

Correct, the Federal Law does not restrict the authorities from profiling or asking for ID whenever or wherever they wish. Of course, it wasn't being enforced so they didn't worry. I think they believe the Arizona law will be enforced, so they are.

I think you are right about Calderon too. He wasn't worried about the Federal law because it was just being ignored for the most part, but now.....

Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 PM

295 posts, read 320,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
Then he's in violation of the law and apparently wants to flaunt that fact.

If he's holding them on strictly immigration charges that is.
He is the LAW and upholds the laws of Arizona and if he has reason to believe someone is an illegal, then he has every right to detain them but you know what, what about Mexico.
What if all Americans run across their border and set up shop and I was going to say not pay into their welfare system but I don't know if Mexico has a Social Security system or pension for its workers?

Truly, maybe all of us American citizens should go there and open up liquor stores, donut shops and work at their gas stations...ooops, the Bombay, Indians run all of them here but the Mexicans do the landscaping and construction jobs...........and now we wonder why this country is in a HELL HOLE!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 PM

220 posts, read 411,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
A) It's RELEVANT because On May 29th when they had the protests here in Phoenix, there was a "VOTER REGISTRATION BOOTH" -- with the clear purpose of REGISTERING these illegal aliens to VOTE here in the US! Why do you think some politicians are supporting the illegals? 14 million voters ain't bad... legal or not.
So you're doing what many fear the police will be doing. You see a voting booth at a rally and you automatically believe it's illegals that are registering to vote.

Is it too hard for you to believe that legal citizens are registering to vote? Many of them young people that have not been active in voting.

If illegals are registering to vote you should contact the County registrar of voters and make a complaint.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:31 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
So you're doing what many fear the police will be doing. You see a voting booth at a rally and you automatically believe it's illegals that are registering to vote.

Is it too hard for you to believe that legal citizens are registering to vote? Many of them young people that have not been active in voting.

If illegals are registering to vote you should contact the County registrar of voters and make a complaint.
Better solution recommendation, GoodNeighbor . . .

Contact ACORN and they will help the Illegals register and vote multiple times.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 PM

3 posts, read 3,001 times
barak hussein obama cant be seen as being against illegals.he happens to have a relative thats one.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:52 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
This is precisely why Obama turned her down. I sense that he is shrewed enough to know how dire the situation is in AZ, and he realizes that Brewer has concrete reason to implement this new, and very justified law. Yet, Obama doesn't want to tick off all the illegals, and hispanics who are depending on him to reform immigration in order to make new laws far more lax than they already are.
He's going to meet with her this coming Thursday.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

613 posts, read 960,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbaron View Post
barak hussein obama cant be seen as being against illegals.he happens to have a relative thats one.
No she was granted citizenship just recently.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
before we can work on immigration reform, we need to seal the borders. it has been done in the past, and it can be done again. once the borders are properly controlled, then we can deal with immigration reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona