U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 AM

7,816 posts, read 15,258,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Haha, this is "are" land? No wonder they haven't accomplished anything.
You caught that one too, KP?

History has frequently proven . . . intelligence, not sheer masses, conquers the world.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 AM

276 posts, read 430,061 times
No you asked a question, and I provided you an answer. You dont want to recognize my answer as proof that there are those who want to retake American land as what they feel is already theres and we are squatting on it, then dont.. this had nothing to do with race... it had to do with your question and an answer to it. Mod Cut: Personal and no quote.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 06-16-2010 at 09:04 AM..

Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 AM

2,090 posts, read 3,028,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post
No you asked a question, and I provided you an answer.
Really? Let's test that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
I'd like you to point me to an article that clearly shows (read: NOT ALLUDES, INFERS, IMPLIES, OR HINTS AT) one or more Mexican illegal immigrants publicly stating "...a goal of taking over parts of this country". Seriously. If you can find such an article I'd be interested in reading it. I'm willing to wager that such an article does not exist, because to my knowledge, no illegal immigrant has said they want to take over any of the US.
You provided some 10-year-old rhetoric from a whackjob group - the analog of the KKK, mind - who do not speak for every Mexican anyway. Also, I asked for statements from illegal immigrants; you did not provide such. Selective reading on your part...vintage CD. What's funny is that you even quoted the bold line above yet neglected to address the "illegal immigrant" part - the most important part.

I see the reason for your confusion and my rebuttal stands. I said "Mexican illegal immigrant", you took it upon yourself to bulk in every Mexican and provide false statements about their intentions. That's racism, because not all Mexicans are illegal. Like I said, you need to learn to separate illegal Mexicans from those who are legal. Despite what you believe and no matter what a stripper tells you, they are NOT the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post
You dont want to recognize my answer as proof that there are those who want to retake American land as what they feel is already theres and we are squatting on it, then dont..
There are Mexicans who want to retake American land. My response to you is - so what? You still haven't provided any evidence of illegal immigrants making the claim, because they haven't. In fact, you replied to a comment a made to a different person and didn't even do it right - and said person hasn't answered either. In you guys' eyes, you make no distinction between illegal immigrants and Mexican citizens. That's racism.

Not all illegal immigrants are Mexican. Not all Mexicans are illegal immigrants.

If you can't learn to separate the two, you have no business passing judgment on either.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:52 AM

438 posts, read 819,516 times
I agree that not all Mexicans are illegal but there is a steady flow of illegals that continue to flood across the borders, many legal Mexicans in the USA are vehemently upset about the predicament that this has provoked a certain mistrust from Americans.
It's just a matter of proving that you are there under the right circumstances. As I have said before, no one (and that includes from all nations) who is on American soil legally should have anything to worry about.
I reiterate my call for those, like myself, to have a "legal resident card" (the same size as a Drivers License) that has been issued by the USCIS verifying their condition/status within the USA as a practical means of providing proof, and should be carried instead of all the other documentation that is required by employers/officials or whomever is entitled to ask for such proof.

.....but is it necessary to use the "racism" card again?

This is getting old and I am sick and tired of people calling the most frequently abused words in the country;- racism and discrimination.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM

320 posts, read 273,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
I reiterate my call for those, like myself, to have a "legal resident card" (the same size as a Drivers License) that has been issued by the USCIS verifying their condition/status within the USA as a practical means of providing proof, and should be carried instead of all the other documentation that is required by employers/officials or whomever is entitled to ask for such proof.

.....but is it necessary to use the "racism" card again?
Not all Mexicans are illegal, we agree on that, but that's where we stop. I have an issue with this law because there are hundreds of thousands of AMERICAN CITIZENS of Hispanic decent (american born or naturalized) that are going to feel this law as well. It's already happened in Chandler, and it cost the City $500k in civil damages so far.

If on a whim I want to walk down to the corner park with my kids on a Saturday morning, and I don't feel like bringing my wallet..guess what..that's my right. I'm not driving, buying alcohol or tobacco, getting on an airplane, etc. So just because I have a little more Indio in my blood than most I deserve to be detained, questioned, and potentially arrested because I didn't feel like grabing my wallet? Is that the image my children should think of when they think about Law Enforcement? I'm sorry but that is total crap. WWM (walking while mexican) is the new DWB (driving while black)

As to the question of racism. Can anyone deny that this law was written specifically for Hispanics? Do you think that the Yuma PD is going to do neighborhood sweeps looking for Illegal Immigrants from Ghana or Uzbekistan? Stop it already. Targeting one race for increased scrutiny purely because of their race is racism.

Last edited by JLay36; 06-16-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 AM

438 posts, read 819,516 times
Nobody is targeting one race. That is where you get the flashcard "racism" and "discrimination" to remind you.
No one that I know who is legally a new immigrant would have any hesitation (in fact they would be most grateful) to have a "legal resident card" instead of carrying around all the excessive paperwork that they need to carry at the present time.
And...as for going to the park with your kids and not wanting to take your wallet with you......well, it should not be an issue in this day and age with the problems that exist, threats that are present, and the obvious need to be able to present any form of identification to an inquiring official. It would certainly make me feel more protected.
It's also your RIGHT to have that safety, protection, and adherence to the rights... that you so admiringly defend.
What if you had a bout of unconsciousness, or on a "whim" being hit by a car on the way to the park? Anyone attending to you (Ambulance or civilian) would have someone to call to advise them of your situation if you were unable to communicate. Get real.
Why make the official empowered to request your ID's job more difficult? Whilst they may be considered "public servants" they also have a tough job and don't need someone to add to the negatives, - they have enough on their plate already.
Anyone who is illegal (read: all, anyone, every, each, and certainly not identified by race) should be reigned in. Including those who employ them. I am not being a racist by saying this, nor are the officers. They have a right to establish your status, - that is what they are there for. To protect you from illegal immigration.
I do disagree with profiling, but it has been written in all manuals for officials that they have to have "just cause" (meaning you may have committed an infraction, act suspicious, or present a threat to the safety of others) before they can ask for identification.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

320 posts, read 273,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
Nobody is targeting one race. That is where you get the flashcard "racism" and "discrimination" to remind you.
No one that I know who is legally a new immigrant would have any hesitation (in fact they would be most grateful) to have a "legal resident card" instead of carrying around all the excessive paperwork that they need to carry at the present time.
And...as for going to the park with your kids and not wanting to take your wallet with you......well, it should not be an issue in this day and age with the problems that exist, threats that are present, and the obvious need to be able to present any form of identification to an inquiring official. It would certainly make me feel more protected.
It's also your RIGHT to have that safety, protection, and adherence to the rights... that you so admiringly defend.
What if you had a bout of unconsciousness, or on a "whim" being hit by a car on the way to the park? Anyone attending to you (Ambulance or civilian) would have someone to call to advise them of your situation if you were unable to communicate. Get real.
Why make the official empowered to request your ID's job more difficult? Whilst they may be considered "public servants" they also have a tough job and don't need someone to add to the negatives, - they have enough on their plate already.
Anyone who is illegal (read: all, anyone, every, each, and certainly not identified by race) should be reigned in. Including those who employ them. I am not being a racist by saying this, nor are the officers. They have a right to establish your status, - that is what they are there for. To protect you from illegal immigration.
I do disagree with profiling, but it has been written in all manuals for officials that they have to have "just cause" (meaning you may have committed an infraction, act suspicious, or present a threat to the safety of others) before they can ask for identification.
All points well made and received..still don't agree though.

First of all, there is in fact one race being targeted. And if you TRULY believe that this law was written with all illegal immigrants in mind, I'm sorry to say my friend but you're being naive.

Secondly, if I happen to be hit by this car and need medical attention, I will receive it regardless of my ID not being with me. Soooo..?

Next, who said anything about giving Law Enforcement a hard time? We can disagree on fundamentals, but please don't put words in my mouth.

And lastly, I applaud your pride in being a Legal resident of the United States, it is the greatest country in the world and I'm happy that you feel that way too. It is, however, the greatest country in the world because of our liberties..and if we see our liberties being infringed on it is our responsibility to stand up to it. This law is a slippery slope, pure and simple. We are not a police state..nor should we become one. I know that's a worst case scenario assesment, but the fact that it even gets mentioned is scary.

Last edited by JLay36; 06-16-2010 at 12:20 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 04:54 PM

3,194 posts, read 1,220,288 times
I am a 56 year old white female, citizen of the USA. I travel to Mexico frequently and own timeshares there. I love the country and I love the people. My husband and I have fallen in love with several Hispanics at the resorts we go to and have given them money when they were expecting another child, purchased bicycles for some that were getting older and having transportation problems and helped the child of one particular family go to college in Mexico. I am not a racist and I'm tired of the same old rhetoric.

After 9/11 many were concerned that Muslims would be profiled due to the upgrades in security at our airports. I have, on numerous occassions, had to go the "extra mile" to pass through security. Once I was even strip searched due to wearing an abdominal belt after surgery. Was it an i
nconvienence? Maybe. But when they were through I thanked them for the secure feeling I had on my flight.

My point is if I want to fly to Mexico I have to take my passport and run the risk of being patted down in public. I don't even slightly resemble a Muslim. No racial profiling.

If you want ice cream...buck up and take your ID if you don't want to be inconvienced. We're living in a different world.

Again, just my opinion.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM

2,090 posts, read 3,028,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
If on a whim I want to walk down to the corner park with my kids on a Saturday morning, and I don't feel like bringing my wallet..guess what..that's my right.
See, this is the kind of PC nonsense that people keep spewing. I don't know how many times I need to provide this video before people actually follow its instructions. You have to be committing or have committed a crime. There has to be some sort of law believed to be broken before an officer is going to stop you. They're not just walking the streets curbing Mexicans, dude.

YouTube - Arizona Sing-A-Long: Read Immigration Law!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 PM

6,285 posts, read 10,048,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
I don't know how many times I need to provide this video before people actually follow its instructions.
Love it! That was great. I'm out of reps for you, so maybe next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona