Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 07:09 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
All points well made and received..still don't agree though.

First of all, there is in fact one race being targeted. And if you TRULY believe that this law was written with all illegal immigrants in mind, I'm sorry to say my friend but you're being naive.

Secondly, if I happen to be hit by this car and need medical attention, I will receive it regardless of my ID not being with me. Soooo..?

Next, who said anything about giving Law Enforcement a hard time? We can disagree on fundamentals, but please don't put words in my mouth.

And lastly, I applaud your pride in being a Legal resident of the United States, it is the greatest country in the world and I'm happy that you feel that way too. It is, however, the greatest country in the world because of our liberties..and if we see our liberties being infringed on it is our responsibility to stand up to it. This law is a slippery slope, pure and simple. We are not a police state..nor should we become one. I know that's a worst case scenario assesment, but the fact that it even gets mentioned is scary.
Since WHEN the HELL is Mexican a RACE?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 PM

299 posts, read 566,282 times
Default Sorry .. the Swedes gotta go back, too......

DARN !!! .. You caught us...... SORRY GUYS ... Our plan didn't work.. he spotted our real intent .. Looks like leaving Scandinavians out of the law won't work.. So, if you find those 2 Swedes among the 500,000 mexicans (and central americans) in Arizona, they're just gonna have to go back, too..

I told you it wouldn't work !!! ...... And NO .. they can't claim racism.. Scandinavian isn't a race, its a culture .. an ethnic group.. The only ethnic group that can get away with proclaiming themselves a race is hispanics.. WHY??, well, because the media .. and a self hating american society in general .. lets them.. And because it doesn't sound as good when you yell .. ETHNISIM or ETHNIST.. much less CULTURISM or CULTURIST.. Its ALL about how it plays in the media.. The only reason for the word racism to exist is for lawsuits and media presentation...... (don't even get me STARTED on "hate" crimes ) ..

And I'm still waiting for the first instance of hearing this 911 call replayed on the news......

" HELLO .. POLICE... There's a couple guys breaking into my house.. And they have guns.. Hurry up and get here and save our lives, even if you have to get killed yourselves...... But I'll be watching, so don't you dare infringe on their rights while you're saving us.. And I better not hear you ask if they're here legally.. NOW HURRY !!! "

tiberius

Old 06-17-2010, 12:10 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
See, this is the kind of PC nonsense that people keep spewing. I don't know how many times I need to provide this video before people actually follow its instructions. You have to be committing or have committed a crime. There has to be some sort of law believed to be broken before an officer is going to stop you. They're not just walking the streets curbing Mexicans, dude.

YouTube - Arizona Sing-A-Long: Read Immigration Law!
I have stopped posting on this topic for just that reason. All it does is give me a colossal headache from beating my head on a brick wall.

I still read it all though so maybe that's not a good idea either!

Old 06-17-2010, 05:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
[quote=revelated;14638780]Really? Let's test that.

You provided some 10-year-old rhetoric from a whackjob group - the analog of the KKK, mind - who do not speak for every Mexican anyway. Also, I asked for statements from illegal immigrants;

There are Mexicans who want to retake American land. My response to you is - so what? You still haven't provided any evidence of illegal immigrants making the claim, because they haven't.

How about this? I had to search back a few pages to refreash my brain. This is just one recent example of things I've heard/seen before but certainly not the only one.

At the Suns game they interviewed some "protesters" about the new immigration law, a Rabbi who was for the law was speaking when a hispanic "lady" who was against it started screaming at him. He asked if he could finish what he was saying and her response was "we were here before you, this is OUR LAND not yours".

I've also seen many La Raza flags/banners at protests outside AZ (mostly CA) though it's been toned down because the news started to focus a spotlight on it.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:31 AM

438 posts, read 1,352,469 times
After 60 pages on this topic and 2394 posts......ILLEGALS are ILLEGAL. PERIOD. The sooner we can have more states like AZ making a stand, the better!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:04 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
DARN !!! .. You caught us...... SORRY GUYS ... Our plan didn't work.. he spotted our real intent .. Looks like leaving Scandinavians out of the law won't work.. So, if you find those 2 Swedes among the 500,000 mexicans (and central americans) in Arizona, they're just gonna have to go back, too..

I told you it wouldn't work !!! ...... And NO .. they can't claim racism.. Scandinavian isn't a race, its a culture .. an ethnic group.. The only ethnic group that can get away with proclaiming themselves a race is hispanics.. WHY??, well, because the media .. and a self hating american society in general .. lets them.. And because it doesn't sound as good when you yell .. ETHNISIM or ETHNIST.. much less CULTURISM or CULTURIST.. Its ALL about how it plays in the media.. The only reason for the word racism to exist is for lawsuits and media presentation...... (don't even get me STARTED on "hate" crimes ) ..

And I'm still waiting for the first instance of hearing this 911 call replayed on the news......

" HELLO .. POLICE... There's a couple guys breaking into my house.. And they have guns.. Hurry up and get here and save our lives, even if you have to get killed yourselves...... But I'll be watching, so don't you dare infringe on their rights while you're saving us.. And I better not hear you ask if they're here legally.. NOW HURRY !!! "

tiberius
If a Swede is here illegally, yes, he or she will have to go back. It isn't a matter of the "consequences" but a matter of bias. It isn't a matter of who gets "deported" but who is "suspected".

Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM

299 posts, read 566,282 times
Default The most obvious AND simplest solution to the illegal deportation problem .. and with NO profiling..........

Its not a matter of bias either .. its a matter of common sense and pragmatism.. If there are 500,000 hispanic illegals in Arizona and 2 Swedes.. its not bias to target hispanics .. it insane NOT to..

The idea of being questioned about your resident status being an "insult" or "harassment" is purely in each person's own mind.. Some understand what's trying to be done and accept the situation as part of trying to remove the illegals from Arizona.. Others understand what's trying to be done, but, for whatever reason, CHOOSE to NOT accept being questioned on their status .. even if their behavior adds to the government's problem, and aids the illegals in their quest to stay in america.. But the "insult" or "harrasment" element is one of perception, and a choice that is consciously made, despite knowing the intent behind the action..

So, to the "injured" parties .. get over it...... Or, better yet .. you could simplify EVERYTHING, and speed things up beyond measure.. Because, if your real intent is, as you say, to see the illegals leave the country, and if your real problem with that happening is, as you say, the "racial" profiling, ... then you are the ones who could bring a VERY QUICK end to the whole situation.. I expect every illegal in Arizona is known to AT LEAST one hispanic legal resident or citizen.. When the law goes into effect, just report them to the authorities.. They will be picked up and deported and no one will ever have to ask you for ID or about your own status.. Problem solved and no one profiled..

Cooperation rather than collaboration ..... simplification rather than complication.. It would really be just that easy..

tiberius

Old 06-17-2010, 01:00 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I have stopped posting on this topic for just that reason. All it does is give me a colossal headache from beating my head on a brick wall.

That is exactly why I stopped posting, but I also keep reading it and have to sit on my hands sometimes.
From what I can see, I don't think we are alone on that either.

I'm proud of Arizona for standing up for our citizens. I will not have any problem complying with the law and I will be happy to do so. We have to be able to do what's necessary to improve our situation. I wonder if those complaining about carrying ID are really upset about that or if their real worry is that they might be inconvenienced the next time they get caught speeding or whatever. If you can't take the time, don't do the crime. For those who think Hispanics will be affected more than others....DUH! Simple mathematics, the highest percentage of illegal immigrants in Arizona are the Hispanic population. If it wasn't for the huge numbers illegally crossing our borders instead of going through the process of coming here legally, we wouldn't even need to have the law. So if you want to complain about the inconvenience, you should know who to blame. Simple. Obvious. Come on people complaining, if you aren't part of the solution....you are part of the problem. If you can't see that, please take your blinders off.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:24 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
That is exactly why I stopped posting, but I also keep reading it and have to sit on my hands sometimes.
From what I can see, I don't think we are alone on that either.
I could not agree more, AZDB and AA.

Here I am, posting on this thread after deciding "no more," however, the blatant stupidity of the one sided posts by so many is extremely disturbing and speaks volumes for why we are in this horrific mess right now.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Obama IS going to file a lawsuit against this bill. I hope like hell he's getting the Mexican government to foot the cost because the majority of Americans are for it.

It's the illegals who are against it so let their government pay for Obama's anti-American lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona