U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-23-2010, 11:46 AM

3,142 posts, read 2,631,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muz14599 View Post
I have been giving away Arizona State Flags to my friends all over the US and Canada. So far I have given away over 140 Arizona flags made in the state of Arizona. Those 140 flags are now flying over 140 homes in 25 states and Canada!

Thanks for that great post "PCincorrect" and thank you all for supporting Arizona!!
I'm moving to AZ in early July (just after the holiday). Where can I get one of these Made in AZ flags to hang when I find a home?

Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 PM

6,312 posts, read 10,163,782 times
Depends what you're looking for. If you want unique scenery, Page, AZ is the place to go, even more so than Sedona. I know, I spend a lot of time in both places. Plus, Sedona is extremely overrun with tourists. If you want nice hotels, restaurants and spas, then by all means, Sedona is the place to be.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:02 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,712,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I'm moving to AZ in early July (just after the holiday). Where can I get one of these Made in AZ flags to hang when I find a home?
I'd be very surprised if there's any flag made anywhere in the U.S.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM

4,825 posts, read 3,481,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT1 View Post
I have always vacationed in California but this year, thanks to the idiot political hacks that called for a boycott, I'll go to AZ to spend my cash. I'll also, whenever I can, do all of my on line purchases with AZ companies. I applaud Arizona for the courage to finally put teeth into a law that has existed for years. That's something that you'll never see happen on the left coast.
Anyway, I would like suggestions on Arizona vacation destinations in the northern part of the state. I have always been intrigued with the Prescott and Sedona areas but I've heard that they are already over populated with tourists. I'd really be interested in seeing more of the small towns and suburbs. I can only go once this year, so any input on the area will be greatly appreciated.
Here ya go! A list of 102 things to see/do in the Verde Valley and it includes a LOT in Sedona.

More than 102 Things To Do in Sedona Verde Valley

Hope this helps!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:40 PM

220 posts, read 212,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Still beating the "racist" drum? I notice in poll after poll that the majority of people still agree with the law as written AFTER they've read it so the "racist" rant is not working. Next...... .
What drum? I was responding to one of your buddies that still believes it's a good idea to profile.

Do you think it's a good idea to profile a whole group of people? People that have been in this Country legally for generations. People that don't have control over what the Federal Government is not doing on the border. Do you?

Poll after poll? There were plenty of people at the Nuremberg rallies that supported Hitler. Does the number of people make a bad policy right?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:46 PM

25,100 posts, read 23,633,185 times
Things are continuing to heat up along the border - and it is not measured in Farenheit

Armed civilians are reportedly being "invited" by property owners to come and help them defend their properties -

IMO we are getting closer and closer to an actual border war.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:14 PM

326 posts, read 235,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'd be very surprised if there's any flag made anywhere in the U.S.
Here ya go Flag Store USA - Buy American Made US Flags, Flagpoles, State Flags, Military Flags, International Flags, Historical Flags

Old 06-23-2010, 03:44 PM

106 posts, read 123,386 times
Don't be fooled into thinking we have a 2-party system in the US. There is only one party, with two heads. McCain (a Republican) is a huge proponent for amnesty and mass uncontrolled immigration. At the same time, there are democrats who are against amnesty and the importation of foreign workers to take jobs in the US while perfectly capable citizens remain unemployed.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to create a new party in the US and have it gain any traction. Much of this is due to the pandering by the Republican and Democratic parties. Whenever a new party starts to gain any traction, the career politicians jump on the bandwagon, diluting both the message and the quality of candidates.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 PM

299 posts, read 294,169 times
Default The numbers game.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
What drum? I was responding to one of your buddies that still believes it's a good idea to profile.

Do you think it's a good idea to profile a whole group of people? People that have been in this Country legally for generations. People that don't have control over what the Federal Government is not doing on the border. Do you?

Poll after poll? There were plenty of people at the Nuremberg rallies that supported Hitler. Does the number of people make a bad policy right?

The people on YOUR side of the aisle seem to think that the apparent number of protesters against the legislation shows that the legislation is wrong..... I guess the number of people COUNTS if its on your side..

tiberius

Old 06-23-2010, 06:56 PM

3,886 posts, read 6,152,219 times
True True Monkeyclaw, I would half to agree with your second sentence.

I'm an Independent and I am for beefing up our border militarily and giving our cops a break. I think the bill just passed only made it harder on our "working class" police officers and won't solve the real problem. (The lack of Federal control our Nation should have at it's border). I think we stupidly just took on the job all by ourselves. Not very bright.

On the news just tonight I saw a cop in Nogalas AZ sharing a threat he received from the cartel to all the local police officers in that town. They said to look the other way when it comes to cartel or they will start targeting the police officers, in Nogalas AZ, the U>Fing>S. Unbelievable, I think we are in big trouble now. We need military down here and we need it now. Too bad we don't get hurricanes, tornados or oil spills, maybe we could get a little federal help if we did. We only have to deal with another countries criminals invading our state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona