U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:00 PM

3,727 posts, read 5,414,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Jews didn't come in, and run drugs and kill the innocent citizens of the country in which they lived. There were not a burden to those countries. Do not put them in the same catagory as these Mexicans.
Oh wait, but they were. The German government specifically said the jews were the problem with their economy, not the government. But we all want out of control government ID'ing everyone. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/holocaust.htm
"Hitler had repeatedly blamed the Jews for Germany's defeat in World War I and subsequent economic hardships"

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312702/hitler.htm
Hitler wanted change. He needed followers. He began by holding meetings and giving speeches, each time gaining a larger audience. He found his power in his speaking ability and in the messages he delivered about Anti-Semitism. He focused on the working class, and it began to work. People responded to him and his message.

Stab-in-the-back legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This doesn't look familiar at all to you? But you think im some illegal immigrate supporter, right? Wrong. I think illegal immigration is wrong on all levels, but not for the ideals that people are throwing out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Shame on you, Waianaegirl . . . too much Logic and Common Sense!
If the common sense of her statement is logic, then paper isn't made from trees and pigs fly.

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:06 PM

7,370 posts, read 8,899,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Texas and New Mexico need to follow suit, and pass laws that have some teeth.
Especially since the most immediate ramification of Arizona's law will be mass migration of illegals into neighboring states, especially Calif and NM.

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:20 PM

21,157 posts, read 24,102,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Yah that's a good idea. Lets give them a place to stay, clothes, and food. Keep them inside a fenced in wall, snipers, armed guards. Let's start collecting all people that speak Spanish, yah thats a good idea. Will ship them there too. Then we will tattoo them all so we know who has been here before so we can either shoot them or do experiments on them. Yes great idea. Hmmm what else could we do... Oh I know, lets make these remote camps all over the south and put all spanish speakers or in these...

Oh wait this was WW2 with the Japanese in the USA and Germany with the Jews. My mistake.

Wow and now our country is going to hell in a hand basket. Oh wait its already going there at warp speed.
And what do German Jews have to do with illegal aliens? One group were citizens till Hitler came along whereas the other group would be counted as lawbreakers everywhere (except here in the USA)-------including Mexico. As for the rest of your post: it is too inane to reply to line for line.

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:22 PM

2,086 posts, read 1,148,122 times
Shiphead,
Hitler was evil. HE blammed the Jews. The Jews were not a burden, other than in his own crazy mind. I am not saying to throw these illegals into an oven. I am saying to keep them from coming in and getting handouts that we as Americans do not even get. Look at what they are doing to California. They do not pay taxes, yet those who do, are paying for these illegals to live here as freeloaders. It's not right. Do NOT compare them to Jews. Jews learned the native language. No other European countries changed their signs and everything else into Hebrew to compensate for them. The Jews worked hard. Made a living and not by mooching.
Yes, round them (illegals) up and throw them back. That would be cheaper than letting them live here.

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:25 PM

7,370 posts, read 8,899,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And what do German Jews have to do with illegal aliens? One group were citizens till Hitler came along whereas the other group would be counted as lawbreakers everywhere (except here in the USA)
Right. Jews in Germany were minding their own business, and ripped from their own homes. Illegals aren't in "their own homes"; they choose to come to another place though illegal procedures. If they stay in their own homes (in Mexico) as the Jews in the 1930s, they'll be fine.

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:48 PM

94 posts, read 122,484 times
I have seen so many posts about profiling. Profiling has been given such a bad name in the media but that's how you catch people. Myself and a friend were stopped in a car once because we fit the profile of two guys that just robbed a store. When they were just about to haul us away the cops heard on their radio that the guys that robbed the store had been caught. I still complemented the cops for doing their job. I would rather put up with being mistaken temporally for the robbers than have tow crackpots running around with a gun robbing places.

The claims I have read hear such as "what if I forget my ID when I go to the store?" Well you can be hauled to jail now without this law and held on suspicion until they figure out who you are. In all 50 states if a cop asks you to provide identification you have a legal obligation to provide it. This is exactly why every state has a state ID card that any person can get. It is to provide that identification even if you have no drivers license etc.

When cops have seen a pattern of crime and it's always the same scenario over and over they watch for that same pattern to repeat. That's profiling. Somebody might fit the profile that is not guilty. It's going to happen. I would much rather a cop stopped me and asked me some questions even if I did nothing rather then have a bunch of guilty people get away because their feelings might get hurt.

I guy I know was strip searched at an airport because he fit a certain profile. It had mainly to do with the way he was dressed. All he said was I won't dress like that again when I fly overseas and back. Other people feel so violated because somebody is going to ask them some questions.

Amazing !

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:55 PM

220 posts, read 196,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Larry View Post

Amazing !
Even if the alleged illegal has a drivers license the police officer can ask about citizenship status if the person looks like an illegal. Code for Hispanic.

I'm a big supporter of the police. But, unlike you, I don't want the police working as INS agents.

It will not be long before an over zealous cop completely abuses this law. What will you say then?

Amazing?

Unread 04-24-2010, 10:00 PM

3 posts, read 1,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
This law is long overdue and, hopefully, will send a strong message to those who feel they have some special right to snub their noses at our Border Patrol Authorities and other Law Enforcement Officers while disrespecting the sovereignty of our nation.

Isn't it sad that Arizona, or any state for that matter, feels the need to pass additional "immigration laws" primarily due to the shortcomings and blatant neglect of our wonderful leaders in Washington?

How many Millions and/or Billions of Taxpayer Dollars do we spend around the world helping other countries defend their borders while ours is a joke?
Interesting, speaking about sovereignty of our nation, when yours has their noses everywhere. Staying in my country for over 100 years, taking almost 30% for themselves, and you talk about sovereignty. Everybody that comes here, has the right to stay as well, the same way they do to others countries as well. But is right, keep this immigration and discrimination laws alive, that will just keep you right here, and increases the resentment everywhere.

Unread 04-24-2010, 10:03 PM

3 posts, read 1,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
Even if the alleged illegal has a drivers license the police officer can ask about citizenship status if the person looks like an illegal. Code for Hispanic.

I'm a big supporter of the police. But, unlike you, I don't want the police working as INS agents.

It will not be long before an over zealous cop completely abuses this law. What will you say then?

Amazing?
Actually I agree with the law, I distrusts the police enforcement, they don't seem to do it right never. Just see how they treat their own citizen, what to expect from them. Now they have license to harass, and abuse of the power.

Unread 04-24-2010, 10:05 PM

10 posts, read 7,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
This doesn't look familiar at all to you? But you think im some illegal immigrate supporter, right? Wrong. I think illegal immigration is wrong on all levels, but not for the ideals that people are throwing out there.

If the common sense of her statement is logic, then paper isn't made from trees and pigs fly.
Your comparison of this to the detention of the Japanese Americans (Or Jews in Germany) in WW2 is both inflammatory and dishonest. You believe illegal immigration is wrong, yet you've used outlandish examples to support your argument as to why this legislation is bad.

I assume you've never had to wait in an emergency room or clinic for hours where many of the people there didn't speak any English or went to a high school where a significant chunk of the student body couldn't take classes in English (which, by the way, costs more money for the taxpayer). Both the state and the federal government foot the bill for expenses like this. You're entitled to oppose any legislation you like, but before becoming hysterical at least be somewhat informed on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona