Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 PM

184 posts, read 438,280 times

Advertisements

I know many Americans that are looking for jobs, any jobs. All of our jobs should go to them and not illegals. I'm paying tax dollars to follow the law, very simple and help Americans, very simple. This is a blessing and should have been done a LONG TIME AGO....... Anyone that creates any violence against this, should be arrested.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
I know many Americans that are looking for jobs, any jobs. All of our jobs should go to them and not illegals. I'm paying tax dollars to follow the law, very simple and help Americans, very simple. This is a blessing and should have been done a LONG TIME AGO....... Anyone that creates any violence against this, should be arrested.
Actually; the judicious use of RICO statutes may 'cow' the most virulent pro illegal fans into obeying the law. Make examples of a few and the rest will fall into line.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:01 PM

184 posts, read 438,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; the judicious use of RICO statutes may 'cow' the most virulent pro illegal fans into obeying the law. Make examples of a few and the rest will fall into line.
True!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:53 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
What's your point, zenkonami?

That gives them a special right to snub their noses at our Border Patrol and other Law Enforcement Authorities as well as refuse to pay taxes and deplete our social service budgets?
I was responding to the statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noliving
Ah the cheap things we buy at walmart are almost all made in East Asia, lets be honest it is almost all made in China, how many things besides the controllers for video games and dvd production are made in mexico?
Stereotypes and profiling. That was my point.

Last edited by zenkonami; 04-26-2010 at 01:41 AM..

Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,085 times
What our government has done is turn a blind eye to the fact that its own black letter specifically states "citizen" as a de facto recipient of protections. Given that illegal immigrants are not "citizens" since they have not received citizenSHIP, it stands to reason that it's not a matter of "they have rights because they're here!!", but rather, the government refuses to enforce that citizenship requirement as a condition of rights being granted.

Mod Cut: No advertising and no links with less than 10 posts.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 04-26-2010 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 AM

33 posts, read 37,737 times
I'm not from Arizona but as a Hispanic american, how am i supposed to feel about ever visiting your state? The problem i have with this law is, how can a police officer differentiate between who is illegal? Are you people that support this law naive enough to believe that this will not lead to racial profiling?

If citizens are frustrated by illegal immigration, don't you think police officers would be even more frustrated by illegals? So what is stopping them from pulling someone over for looking hispanic and demanding their papers? What if someone that is hispanic doesn't want to carry their birth certificate on their person 24/7? What if someone that is hispanic doesn't want to carry this for obvious reasons such as identify theft?

What is stopping said police officer from just detaining them and letting ICE sort it out?

I mean do you really think police officers are going to ask a white person for his birth certificate? chances are 90% of the people that are asked for proof of citizenship are going to be hispanic.

I'm not going to say i'm "boycotting" Arizona, but as someone that Mexican American, i would be really uncomfortable being in a state that would detain me for not having my birth certificate on me.

Sorry but i don't want to be treated like a second class citizen, or made to feel like i have to prove that i'm american because i share the same skin color as people that are here illegally.

I wonder how most hispanic americans that actually live in Arizona feel about this law, because do you really believe they are for this? Do you think they are going to vote republican now?

How about instead of making laws that encourage racial profiling you go after business that hire illegal immigrants, how about enforcing the boarder? I mean if anything this is just going to make hispanic american's afraid of being in Arizona.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:02 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
I don't understand... why is everyone so upset? "Driving While Black" has been in effect for... how long have there been cars on the road? I can't believe the level of outrage since racial profiling has been happening in the Black community for... forever! Please. Why are illegal hispanics so special?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 AM

33 posts, read 37,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I don't understand... why is everyone so upset? "Driving While Black" has been in effect for... how long have there been cars on the road? I can't believe the level of outrage since racial profiling has been happening in the Black community for... forever! Please. Why are illegal hispanics so special?
What the hell kind of argument is this? The outrage is people don't want to be treated like second class citizens. People don't want to be detained for hours in an ICE facility. What does an illegal immigrant look like? I guess i look like one since i share the same skin color as 90% of the illegal immigrants in Arizona, however that shouldnt give the right to ask me for proof of citizenship because of this arbitrary law.

Honestly most people wouldnt have a problem with it if it was more clear in what exactly an "illegal immigrant" looks like. The fact is hispanic american's don't want to be trageted for their race, this is where the outrage is coming from and people conveniently ignore the fact that arizona has a large hispanic population which happen to be AMERICAN.

If i was living in arizona i would want to get the hell out of that state. I wouldn't want to worry every time i leave my house about being stopped by the police because i fit the description of an illegal immigrant. I don't think people get how humiliating that would be, to be asked for "papers" like you are a second class citizen. What if the cop didn't believe i was "legal?" What if i chose not to bring my birth certificate? I would be detained and taken to an ICE facility for hours until it was sorted out. Would that cop then be held accountable? No.

and honestly you people are delusional if you think the police are going to ask white people for proof of citizenship.

Last edited by burzum22; 04-26-2010 at 04:20 AM..

Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 AM

739 posts, read 2,262,317 times
I still say that I am racists and need to go to jail. And they might arrest me and think I am an illegal norweigan because I do not look like most white americans I am lighter and have blond hair and blue eyes and they might think I am from another country.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times
illegal= schools are overburdened. hospital/health care systems are burdened. no tax payed into the system. good start az ! now we should go after busineses that hire illegals. send a message that "we will bankrupt your company with stiff fines" for breaking the law. ie-$500,000 1st offense, $5,000,000 2nd offense, etc.. if there are no jobs for illegals they wont come here. with over 15 million americans out of work im sure this will reduce unemplotment. also,imo, i dont buy into "illegals are doing work americans dont want". bs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona