Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burzum22 View Post

If you are against illegal immigration fine! but you are honestly delusional if you think this law is going to stop illegal immigration.

You're right, it's not going to do anything. So they catch 100,000 illegals every year. Big deal. For every one they catch,two more are making their way back across the border. The only person this law is good for is the human-smugglers. They will have a booming business.
As long as there are jobs, people will come.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 PM

438 posts, read 1,352,469 times
Yes, it is America. Changing America. America has to do everything to protect its borders. If producing a certified copy of your birth certificate is an issue and you believe you will be subject to identity theft because of this, then I suggest you be more careful with your personal documents.
And Nazi America???? This is rich! By asking for a document?

Did you object to being carded in a pub when you turned 21? No, you wanted to get a drink!!!

Anyone not being able to produce a form of identity should not be on the streets, anywhere in the world today.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
Yes, it is America. Changing America. America has to do everything to protect its borders. If producing a certified copy of your birth certificate is an issue and you believe you will be subject to identity theft because of this, then I suggest you be more careful with your personal documents.

Did you object to being carded in a pub when you turned 21? No, you wanted to get a drink!!!

Anyone not being able to produce a form of identity should not be on the streets, anywhere in the world today.
Makes perfect sense to me, DBCC!

Unfortunately, this is not the world of a few decades ago. We absolutely MUST know who is entering and residing within our borders nowadays.

I find it amazing, correction: downright ridiculous, some individuals would rather risk their security, possibly even their entire country, in lieu of carrying a simple ID.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM

33 posts, read 37,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Makes perfect sense to me, DBCC!

Unfortunately, this is not the world of a few decades ago. We absolutely MUST know who is entering and residing within our borders nowadays.

I find it amazing, correction: downright ridiculous, some individuals would rather risk their security, possibly even their entire country, in lieu of carrying a simple ID.
says the guy that probably never has to worry about being asked for proof of citizenship.

I guess hispanic american's concerns are trivial and we should just accept the fact that we will probably be profiled since we share the same ethnicity as 90% of the illegal immigrants in america.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post

This is a horrible analogy. You're carded at a pub when you turn 21 because it is specifically a crime to be underage and have alcohol. I didn't realize it was a crime to be brown. Why should police have this right to "card" people because they suspect they are illegal? This is nazi germany.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Chances are they would if the person didn't speak English. Mod Cut: Personal attitude.
And since when does an inability to speak english constitues a right for a police officer to check for someone's legal status? As far as I know this country has no official language.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
And since when does an inability to speak english constitues a right for a police officer to check for someone's legal status? As far as I know this country has no official language.

I guess he thinks everyone that speaks spanish in public should be checked for proof of citizenship.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 PM

438 posts, read 1,352,469 times
No one has said it is a crime to be brown, green, black, red, purple or a little green man from outer space.

It sounds like you have more of an issue with it or are resentful.

Be proud of who you are and don't take such a negative attitude.

Do you feel the same way when approached by a Hispanic/Asian/Black/American Indian Officer?

Any alien/foreigner, having the right conditions, can be a citizen of the USA, providing they produce the paperwork required and meet the legal terms.
.................................................. .................
Quote: "This is a horrible analogy. You're carded at a pub when you turn 21 because it is specifically a crime to be underage and have alcohol." UNQUOTE

It is also a crime, in case you hadn't noticed, to be ILLEGAL in the USA.

They have a job to protect you, and its not about color of skin, appearance, or how you pick your nose.
.................................................. ..................

Mod Cut: Personal attitude.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 04-26-2010 at 02:53 PM..

Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
I guess he thinks everyone that speaks spanish in public should be checked for proof of citizenship.
I never said any such thing.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 PM

159 posts, read 238,699 times
Quote:
I simply don't want to be treated as a second class citizen. Hmm.. how about some practical reasons. How about the fact that i don't want to carry my passport or birth certificate everywhere i go because that opens me up to identity theft?

Or how about the fact that i don't want to lose these important documents that are difficult to replace.

I shouldn't have to worry about being taken to an ICE facility because i chose not to bring said documents with me. This is America isnt it? When did we become Nazi Germany?

It's really sad that people don't acknowledge that this law opens legal citizens to potential detainment/harassment. It's not playing the race card, it's freaking reality.

If you are against illegal immigration fine! but you are honestly delusional if you think this law is going to stop illegal immigration.
Mod Cut: Personal attitude. The law currently states that if you are a green card holder or a legal immigrant with some type of visa you have to have your documents on you at all time proving you are allowed to be in the US. For you to say that citizens of the US like you don't want to but still leave it as a requirement that legal immigrants have to have their papers on them at all time is just sheer hypocrisy. It is not suppose to stop illegal immigration, it is meant to do something about illegal immigration, you really think our 21 drinking age stops under age people from drinking? Nope but its meant to put a damper on it.

Quote:
You're carded at a pub when you turn 21 because it is specifically a crime to be underage and have alcohol. I didn't realize it was a crime to be brown. Why should police have this right to "card" people because they suspect they are illegal? This is nazi germany.
Guess how they decide whether or not to ask for your ID when it comes to alcohol? I didn't realize it was a crime to be someone who looks be under the age of 21. No one is saying it is a crime to be brown, state in the bill where it says it is a crime be brown. Why should police have the right to card people who they suspect do not have a license to drive a car? They have every right to determine whether or not a suspect has a license and proof of insurance, since they have that right they also have the right to see if the suspect is here legally, they already do it to green card holders and other legal visa holders.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 04-26-2010 at 02:55 PM..

Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noliving View Post
Mod cut. The law currently states that if you are a green card holder or a legal immigrant with some type of visa you have to have your documents on you at all time proving you are allowed to be in the US. For you to say that citizens of the US like you don't want to but still leave it as a requirement that legal immigrants have to have their papers on them at all time is just sheer hypocrisy. It is not suppose to stop illegal immigration, it is meant to do something about illegal immigration, you really think our 21 drinking age stops under age people from drinking? Nope but its meant to put a damper on it.

Guess how they decide whether or not to ask for your ID when it comes to alcohol? I didn't realize it was a crime to be someone who looks be under the age of 21. No one is saying it is a crime to be brown, state in the bill where it says it is a crime be brown. Why should police have the right to card people who they suspect do not have a license to drive a car? They have every right to determine whether or not a suspect has a license and proof of insurance, since they have that right they also have the right to see if the suspect is here legally, they already do it to green card holders and other legal visa holders.
What? i never said such a thing of leaving it for legal immigrants. I would rather this law not exist. SO how does this make me a hypocrite?

Last edited by Grannysroost; 04-26-2010 at 02:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona