U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 AM

7,982 posts, read 16,200,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
So what happens with someone like me who constantly loses everything? I have lost my birth certificate a long time ago, and I recently lost my social security card again. They would arrest me and take me to jail even know I have nothing wrong? That's right, that is what this bill is about. It is time we stand up for our rights and fight this crap!!!
Life is tough, LVD . . .

I would much prefer having a few "scatterbrains" arrested and hauled off to jail in error than to have hundreds, possibly thousands, of Illegals destroying our economy by blatantly disrespecting the sovereignty of our borders.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We already have a law that, if enforced, would be far more effective than trampling on the 4th Amendment rights of our (brown) citizens. The only way to curtail illegal immigration is to curtail demand for their services. The law we passed a few years back has been constitutionally tested. It has not been enforced because the local and US Chambers of Commerce and the money interests have greased the palms of the politicians and law enforcement officers from city hall to the halls of Congress. We approach illegal immigration with the same failed strategy we approach the drug smuggling - attack the supply chain. We do that because it makes the public feel good while doing nothing about the problem. This, in turn, ensures that those who benefit from illegal smuggling of humans and drugs continue to rake in the cash and the corrupt keep their payoffs coming in and their campaign war chests full.
You are absolutely correct, Ponderosa . . .

Eliminating ALL incentives and severely prosecuting those who continue to profit from the Illegals is crucial, however, this law will do more to discourage Illegals from entering the state and possibly encourage the ones already here to leave prior to being caught.

We definitely need BOTH laws.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM

10,481 posts, read 14,872,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Life is tough, LVD . . .

I would much prefer having a few "scatterbrains" arrested and hauled off to jail in error than to have hundreds, possibly thousands, of Illegals destroying our economy by blatantly disrespecting the sovereignty of our borders.
Then securing the borders is the answer. Put an electric fence across it...problem solved. This proposed law is straight facism and as much as I like you, I am very disappointed that you would support something like this. Every hear of this....

"It is better than 100 guilty men go free than to convict 1 innocent man."

It does pertain to your statement. There is a bigger picture, and this law is disguised as something that it really isn't. It is another step towards total tyranny. They started with photo radar, now this. You better fear what is next.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 AM

10,481 posts, read 14,872,973 times
It is already starting....

YouTube - Tempe AZ Police/The police state.

YouTube - Police State Surveillance Camera in Golden Valley Mohave County AZ

Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Then securing the borders is the answer. Put an electric fence across it...problem solved. This proposed law is straight facism and as much as I like you, I am very disappointed that you would support something like this. Every hear of this....

"It is better than 100 guilty men go free than to convict 1 innocent man."

It does pertain to your statement. There is a bigger picture, and this law is disguised as something that it really isn't. It is another step towards total tyranny. They started with photo radar, now this. You better fear what is next.
I hardly consider the safety of our citizens and protecting our borders as well as our financial future a form of "tyranny"!

As for your ridiculous quote . . . being arrested for no ID is anything but a conviction and nothing but more of the typical BS from the nutcases out there. No one is suggesting anything close to an immediately conviction and/or deportation.

Bottom line . . . CARRY ID.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 PM

1,046 posts, read 2,104,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
As I have posted earlier . . . THIS LAW IS LONG OVERDUE.

If any immigrant is in this country legally, a request for proper documentation should and/or would never be considered an insult or an invasion of privacy.
I would be very insulted if I was taken to jail because I was out running and didn't have my id on me. What a waste of taxpayer $.

The problem is on how to tell who the immigrant is. Are we going to make all immigrants wear a Star of David..I mean a Mexican flag on the left breast?

Even if this passes legal muster...It won't last long. Once the politicians Sugar daddies(big business) see how much money they stand to lose, they'll get a hold of their payed for Republicans and change it.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:41 PM

6,356 posts, read 10,671,581 times
Quote:
The camera is in a wash, obviously to monitor water flow under the road. And maybe I missed something, but where is the indication of who owns it? My guess would be the Mohave County Flood Control District.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:08 PM

2,940 posts, read 4,071,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We already have a law that, if enforced, would be far more effective than trampling on the 4th Amendment rights of our (brown) citizens. The only way to curtail illegal immigration is to curtail demand for their services. The law we passed a few years back has been constitutionally tested. It has not been enforced because the local and US Chambers of Commerce and the money interests have greased the palms of the politicians and law enforcement officers from city hall to the halls of Congress. We approach illegal immigration with the same failed strategy we approach the drug smuggling - attack the supply chain. We do that because it makes the public feel good while doing nothing about the problem. This, in turn, ensures that those who benefit from illegal smuggling of humans and drugs continue to rake in the cash and the corrupt keep their payoffs coming in and their campaign war chests full.
Exactly.

This law is just for entertainment purposes. I bet you if it was fully enforced (which I highly doubt) those employers will take their businesses to other states and the federal government would do nothing about it. Just like the feds know that millions of illegals file tax returns.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I would be very insulted if I was taken to jail because I was out running and didn't have my id on me. What a waste of taxpayer $.

The problem is on how to tell who the immigrant is. Are we going to make all immigrants wear a Star of David..I mean a Mexican flag on the left breast?

Even if this passes legal muster...It won't last long. Once the politicians Sugar daddies(big business) see how much money they stand to lose, they'll get a hold of their payed for Republicans and change it.

Would you use the same feeble excuse for driving without a valid license?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:11 PM

8,651 posts, read 10,917,084 times
This law still does not allow the police to just grab people walking down the street. They have to still be committing a crime, driving badly, expired tags, etc. So the howls of outrage are falling on a lot of deaf ears right now and I do hope the gov has the balls to sign the bill in spite of the protests right outside her home. What kind of message are they trying to send to her? Would make me even more angry and determined to stop the flow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona