Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,571,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
It was also on CNN, That the Mormons and Dukabors, Jehowa witnesses, and Presbiterians and other churches will be hiding the Illegals, and they will not allow the Law Enforcement agents to go into the church zone.
Sounds like a Political Move to me, Mosesmoses . . .

As previously posted on here, they should have their Tax Exempt Status revoked immediately as they are no longer acting as a religious entity.

Also, they should be arrested for aiding and abetting common criminals.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,691,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
It was also on CNN, That the Mormons and Dukabors, Jehowa witnesses, and Presbiterians and other churches will be hiding the Illegals, and they will not allow the Law Enforcement agents to go into the church zone.
Then I say the "church" should pay for their social services while staying in the USA, especially the Catholic church. They should all lose their tax exempt status. This is why I do not support a church.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:04 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,571,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Then I say the "church" should pay for their social services while staying in the USA, especially the Catholic church. They should all lose their tax exempt status. This is why I do not support a church.
I'm with you 100% on this one, Motley.

Remember that ridiculous "sanctuary church" fiasco in Chicago a couple years ago? Those unscrupulous idiots were not only harboring an Illegal who had been deported numerous times but was also a convicted ID thief.

Definitely diminishes one's respect for that church and their intentions, doesn't it?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:49 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,768,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
So, you're trying to tell me that in order to visit here, or just pass through, you have to have an Arizona license?? That's just ignorant and a crock. Not calling YOU "ignorant" but the very idea that Arizona would require something like that is.

I have no idea what the California gun laws are and don't care. I have no plans to take any gun to California. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Here is a link....

Format Document

Here is an excerpt...

B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation. Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c). A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution. A person is presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States if the person provides to the law enforcement officer or agency any of the following:
1. A valid Arizona driver license.
2. A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.
3. A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.
4. If the entity requires proof of legal presence in the United States before issuance, any valid United States federal, state or local government issued identification.

Okay, I am hoping #4 is for other states drivers licenses if they require proof of legal residence..., but what is proof of legal residence, when I renewed and got my AZ license they did not ask for any such thing, as my birth certificate was worthless with other ID since not the same name...????

Old 04-29-2010, 05:53 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,120,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I had to quickly go through about 30 pages this morning, I swore somewhere I saw the list that qualified, and for the life of me now I don't find anything but the one you mention...that is scary that this does not mention another states license as valid, obviously no one comes here from out of state.
What's worse, I just looked at my California DL and in tiny print on the back it says: "This license is issued as a license to drive a motor vehicle. It does not establish eligibility for employment, voter registration, or public benefits."

Old 04-29-2010, 05:56 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,256,846 times
You know.......in Europe, we carry A drivers license and A separate ID card! always been the case.

A drivers license is exactly that, mine says the same thing...WE got used to use it as ID as well, however it's purpose is and was meant to show that the person carrying it is allowed to drive. Nothing more.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:59 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,768,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sounds like a Political Move to me, Mosesmoses . . .

As previously posted on here, they should have their Tax Exempt Status revoked immediately as they are no longer acting as a religious entity.

Also, they should be arrested for aiding and abetting common criminals.
Agreed... I would think from all sides, most are against illegals....

9,725 posts, read 15,120,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Here is a link....

Format Document

Here is an excerpt...

B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation. Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c). A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution. A person is presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States if the person provides to the law enforcement officer or agency any of the following:
1. A valid Arizona driver license.
2. A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.
3. A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.
4. If the entity requires proof of legal presence in the United States before issuance, any valid United States federal, state or local government issued identification.

Okay, I am hoping #4 is for other states drivers licenses if they require proof of legal residence..., but what is proof of legal residence, when I renewed and got my AZ license they did not ask for any such thing, as my birth certificate was worthless with other ID since not the same name...????
I am not going to go to Arizona until they sort this whole mess out. If I had a passport, that would prove I'm a US citizen but I don't have a passport because I haven't been out of the country in decades. My California DL does not prove I'm a citizen.

5,143 posts, read 5,383,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
You know.......in Europe, we carry A drivers license and A separate ID card! always been the case.

A drivers license is exactly that, mine says the same thing...WE got used to use it as ID as well, however it's purpose is and was meant to show that the person carrying it is allowed to drive. Nothing more.

No offense, but Europe doesn't have a beautiful Bill of Rights.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 PM

94 posts, read 244,472 times
After reading the comments that Clinton and others said such as "they pay into social security but never collect it so we are money ahead" I had to approach this from another angle to see if there is any truth to us being money ahead.

A myth that needs to be addressed is the vision most people have of Mexico. It is not a poor nation as in the past. They rank 13th in GDP out of 196 nations. Their unemployment rate is currently 4% compared to the US which has a real unemployment rate of over 20%. Mexico is quickly turning into an industrialized nation.

Mexico has the highest birthrate of any county in the world according to the United Nations. This does mean that they have to have a high number of new job creations just to stay up with the demand.

All the arguments about no jobs in Mexico higher pay here don't hold any water. They actual pay scale is on par. Dollar for dollar they make less in Mexico but things cost a lot less too.

So one has to wonder why so many are flocking here. I think the answer might be taxes. Mexico has their SAT (Servicio de Administración Tributaria) "Tax Administration Service" Servicio de Administración Tributaria, México which is the same as our IRS. The Mexican income tax rate for a married couple with two children is 18.6% compared to about 11% in the US. There is no earned income credit in Mexico. They have to pay the tax. In Mexico the couple files separately. There is no joint return. But this 18.6% rate only applies to money earned in Mexico. They pay NOTHING on money earned outside of the country.

Here in the US they fly under the radar so most pay nothing. In addition many get free services. As I researched this it looks like this has a lot to do with tax evasion. It is a big draw to have tax free money and free services. Even those that do get work visas and do file a tax return get back more money than they pay in due to earned income credit so there is no contribution that I can find in either country. The costs are staggering numbers. Several governors are now sending bills to the US government for the costs and their failure to enforce immigration laws.

So how do they get the money back to Mexico? It used to be that Western Union and Money Gram were used a lot. These services are expensive. The illegals did not want to deal with a bank as banks require a social security number. Citi Bank, Bank of America and Wells Fargo and others now accept what's called a "matricula consular". This is an identification card that any Mexican legal or illegal can get and is issued by one of 45 Mexican Consulates across the US. It is reported that many illegals have been caught with 4 or 5 of these cards with different names on them.

Do you think Mexican banks will accept the matricula consular? They don't trust their own ID card. This is worth a look.

YouTube - Mexican Banks Refuse to Accept Illegal Alien Matricula Cards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona