Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times

Advertisements

PHOENIX -- The Arizona House on Monday voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state's ballot when he runs for reelection.The House voted 31-22 to add the provision to a separate bill. The measure still faces a formal vote.It would require U.S. presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the constitutional requirements to be president.

Ariz House: Check Obama's Citizenship - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Good to see politicians working on problems that are affecting the lives of everyday citizens in AZ.

What to heck do these people do? Go to a bar --get drunk-- and see who can come up with the most bizarre idea?

Idiots. 99% of politicians are a complete waste of taxpayers money.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
I agree in most part. I don't however understand why the Obama adminstration doesnt just show the document or provide it to the media. Not the copy that HI has shown, but the original since that is the one the nuts dispute. It is becoming just as sophmoric of Obama to keep this silly debate alive in hopes to embarass them further. Just show them the proof. His mom was a citizen so I think we can be sure he is qualified on that basis alone whether or not he was born in the US or not.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Racist crap. This state is an embarrassment to every educated, thinking human being who lives here. It gets worse with every passing day. Slash and burn education. Guns in bars. Papers (IDs) required to walk down a street. Now Birthers 31-22. Get me out of this hole!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM

563 posts, read 518,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I agree in most part. I don't however understand why the Obama adminstration doesnt just show the document or provide it to the media. Not the copy that HI has shown, but the original since that is the one the nuts dispute. It is becoming just as sophmoric of Obama to keep this silly debate alive in hopes to embarass them further. Just show them the proof. His mom was a citizen so I think we can be sure he is qualified on that basis alone whether or not he was born in the US or not.
Just because his mother was born in the US, does not automatically make him a US Citizen.

Let him show it already. Like they say, if you have nothing to hide, then don't hide it.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
--FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said."

File:BarackObamaCertificationOfLiveBirthHawaii.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there were any doubt whatsoever, you can bet McCain would have exploited it during the oh eight campaign.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times
This is crazy. I don't like Obama's policies, but I think if he really weren't a U.S. Citizen someone like Beck or someone else on Fox News would have reported on it. This hasn't happened. The state house be focused on more important issues like the economy, balancing the budget, or border security.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
There was so much crap from the right about the federal government overstepping its constitutional authorities with the health care bill. So now what do they do? Pass unconstitutional laws and overstep their bounds. States CANNOT pass laws about federal elections. Nor can they pass laws about immigration. These matters are reserved for the federal government.

The Arizona legislature is an embarrassment to the people of Arizona!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:25 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
With the sad shape this state is in, this is good reason for elections and to get rid of the waste...time for change on the voters end here and to take out the trash. We are paying for this and I sure hope everyone that can vote does, what a joke...

Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
While I do agree that, since it is one of the very few requirements to be President of the U.S., you should have to prove you were born in the U.S. (instead of taking someone's word for it) before becoming President, I do think this was a bit of wasted time by the legislature.
But it does make one wonder why states feel the need to do the job that someone at the federal level should be doing. I mean, why was someone (anyone, doesn't matter who--I'm not a racist so don't even start) allowed to run for President of the U.S. without first proving that he or she was indeed born here?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:21 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Thumbs down Papers ,,, you need papers in Arizona

Arizona ,,,, what an embarrassment! With all of the issues and problems that the state has ~ “this” is what is important to those at the capital building? They should try to run the state without wasting the taxpayers money. It appears that the politicians MUST be voted out of office at the state level. Too many have fried their brains in the SUMMER heat and can’t think clearly any longer.

Makes one wonder what corporations, business, or visitors would want to move here? Backward doesn't say enough for this state. Citizens now by law have to carry "legal papers" or birth certificates to prove they are citizens. Tourists visiting might want to think about bringing documents with them when entering Arizona. Reminds you a little Germany during the during the war years with Hitler and the Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona