U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:18 AM

15,904 posts, read 10,769,846 times
It's snowing here on the Mexican Border on April 23rd, I had to turn the heat back on.
Two trips to Phoenix this month wound up getting stuck in traffic for hours both times. Spent over an hour stuck in traffic in Sedona earlier in the month. Face it Arizona is overcrowded, LA without the Ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM

104 posts, read 155,148 times
There are walls whereever you look (here in the valley) YES there are wide open spaces out side of the valley but still people wherever you go~absurd? Mod Cut.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 04-26-2010 at 09:55 AM..

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:29 AM

That is somewhat of what i was getting at...it is SOOOO overcrowded...you can never get out of it...again, to each their own~

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:34 AM

6,086 posts, read 9,263,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Two trips to Phoenix this month wound up getting stuck in traffic for hours both times. Spent over an hour stuck in traffic in Sedona earlier in the month. Face it Arizona is overcrowded, LA without the Ocean.
So your experience in Phoenix and Sedona leads you to believe all of Arizona is crowded? That's funny.

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So your experience in Phoenix and Sedona leads you to believe all of Arizona is crowded? That's funny.
I have been all over Arizona and YES Mod cut

Last edited by Grannysroost; 04-26-2010 at 09:58 AM..

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM

6,086 posts, read 9,263,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raya22 View Post
I have been all over Arizona and YES hehe...YOU are too funny~LOL
Let me get this straight. You claim you've been all over Arizona, and you say Arizona is too crowded. Mod Cut: Post referring to edited.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 04-26-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:41 AM

15,267 posts, read 17,461,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It's snowing here on the Mexican Border on April 23rd, I had to turn the heat back on.
That's why I am considering leaving. The congestion and crush of people in Phoenix, at least, is just tiring. I've been here a long time too. Started out in Tucson and came to Phoenix when it was under a million. I guess for me it is a combination of wanting change and discovery in my life, even as I get older, and being fed up to my eyeballs with crowded streets and red lights.

I used to not mind the distances involved in getting away from it all into the high country. But I do today and often when I get to the high country, it is crowded too. That just takes the enjoyment right out of it - Phoenix shifted north. There was a time here when you could go to a rim lake during the week and be the only one fishing there, not every time but every once in a while. Or, you could camp along the north Rim of the Canyon and be all alone for days. Those days are long gone and the love of AZ I had in my youth went with them.

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That's why I am considering leaving. The congestion and crush of people in Phoenix, at least, is just tiring. I've been here a long time too. Started out in Tucson and came to Phoenix when it was under a million. I guess for me it is a combination of wanting change and discovery in my life, even as I get older, and being fed up to my eyeballs with crowded streets and red lights.

I used to not mind the distances involved in getting away from it all into the high country. But I do today and often when I get to the high country, it is crowded too. That just takes the enjoyment right out of it - Phoenix shifted north. There was a time here when you could go to a rim lake during the week and be the only one fishing there, not every time but every once in a while. Or, you could camp along the north Rim of the Canyon and be all alone for days. Those days are long gone and the love of AZ I had in my youth went with them.
Ponderosa~that is so much of what i feel. How long have you been here in AZ?

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:48 AM

Boompa-How long have you been in Arizona? Snow? Yikes

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:49 AM

15,267 posts, read 17,461,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raya22 View Post
Ponderosa~that is so much of what i feel. How long have you been here in AZ?
I came here (was transfered to Ft. Huachuca) in 1973, discharged shortly thereafter, attended UofA, and got a job in Phx in mid-70s,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona