U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-09-2010, 11:20 PM

96 posts, read 130,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I just watched a ten minute video made by the Border Patrol, that the government put the kabosh on, and it was very enlightning. It showed the horrible mess the illegals leave behind when they pass through and a lot more. The Border Patrol had 14 cameras set up on 12 trails in the mountains and they filmed hundreds and hundreds of illegals coming through. They also filmed a LOT of animals...bears, mountain lions, etc following them! These videos are from 2009. Oh yeah, and one of the cameras was spotted and torn down by a bear but not one illegal saw any of them. If I knew how to imbed a youtube video I would. I saw it at a Border Patrol website.
that would have been great to watch. i'm guessing the illegals were ignoring the fact that they were being taped, wouldn't want to attract attention.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 PM

1,128 posts, read 936,867 times
Once again it just goes to show that sending people back again and again isn't doing any good until they can seal the borders.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 PM

326 posts, read 243,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
That's exactly what this is. If you think about it, this law does one of three things, it either forces the feds to bring this to court where states rights will come into play and this WILL end up in front of the supremes or they'll do nothing and be totally embaressed that states had to take it on themselves or will move on their own version that will have to be as strict or more strict than the state ones.
States cannot enact or enforce Federal law. It need not go to USSC because the law is settled on Supremacy and preemption.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,649 posts, read 11,737,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
States cannot enact or enforce Federal law. It need not go to USSC because the law is settled on Supremacy and preemption.
You're right but they DO have the right to enact laws within their borders, hence we talk about "states rights" and THAT is where the current battle lines have been drawn.
This goes waaaaaaay deeper than immigration, it goes to unfunded mandates, federal control of pot inside a state that's decided it's legal, assisted suicide and the list goes on, heck even gay marrage.
This is the BEST thing AZ could have done on sooo many levels.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:41 AM

276 posts, read 449,789 times
Do you mean like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the Flag and carrying a Cross---Sinclair Lewis

Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM

15,952 posts, read 12,398,260 times
The only way to attack immigration is to go after those who employ illegals. Mandatory Jail time for anyone employing ten or more would be a start. Force these employers to pay a legal wage and verify immigration status. Then we can test the theory that they are or are not taking jobs from Americans.

As for the Border we need REgular Army there to interdict Drug Traffic.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 AM

5,017 posts, read 3,805,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbladesmiley View Post
that would have been great to watch. i'm guessing the illegals were ignoring the fact that they were being taped, wouldn't want to attract attention.
I posted the link so you can watch it. The illegals weren't ignoring anything...they didn't know they were being taped.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:56 AM

7,933 posts, read 15,958,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I posted the link so you can watch it. The illegals weren't ignoring anything...they didn't know they were being taped.
Interesting point, AZD

Do you believe the illegals do NOT know they are being taped or possibly they have become extremely arrogant and overly confident because they've learned being caught is no big deal with little or no consequences?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 AM

1,128 posts, read 936,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting point, AZD

Do you believe the illegals do NOT know they are being taped or possibly they have become extremely arrogant and overly confident because they've learned being caught is no big deal with little or no consequences?

I dont know about little or no consequences...they have to work and save money forever to be able to cross and when they get caught its all lost, if they get caught and aren't screwed over by coyotes.
And do not forget how many people lose their lives crossing the desert ever year....they are not crossing for the fun of it. They are desperate people with a real corrupt and shi*** government. I do not see their government changing anytime soon. And the cartels are taking over more each day.
Call me radical but I strongly believe that legalizing drugs and sealing the border tight would put an end to many of the problems we face.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 AM

3,146 posts, read 5,125,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Did you also notice in the same Meet the Press interview that Holder believed a white native born woman from Pennsylvania should be treated in every way the same as someone from the middle east, and specifically Pakistan when it comes to doing security spot checks in airports? The only thing Holder sees, is color. He could care less about terrorism, he is more concerned about prevently any type of racial profiling.
His belief is a correct one. Remember the Hindawi affair, when a dude put a bomb in his unsuspecting Irish wife's luggage?

Those little old ladies could be unsuspecting bomb mules.

And as for willing terrorists, they come in all colors and are not obviously religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona