U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,567 posts, read 11,488,540 times
I watched the McCain ad and all I could do was shake my head. Does everyone forget his stance in the Obama debates and before? So, when was he lying to get votes, then or now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 10:10 AM

7,890 posts, read 15,651,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I watched the McCain ad and all I could do was shake my head. Does everyone forget his stance in the Obama debates and before? So, when was he lying to get votes, then or now?
Great question, Jimj.

My guess would be . . . BOTH.

Considering current technology with all of the videos available, the audacity of John McCain, as well as many other two-faced politicians, boggles the mind. Even if our memories have dimmed over the years, there will always be a video to verify their blatant attempt to lie and flip-flop.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:10 PM

122 posts, read 166,885 times
Quote:
Holder: Feds may sue over Arizona immigration law
In testimony before the House Judiciary Committee on 5/13/2010, Attorney General Eric Holder admitted that he HAS NOT READ SB 1070, Arizona's Immigration Law.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:10 PM

5,706 posts, read 4,668,273 times
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., who has been critical of Arizona's new immigration law, said Thursday he hasn't yet read the law and is going by what he's read in newspapers or seen on television.

Holder hasn't read Ariz. law he criticized - Washington Times

It doesn't surprise me that the average Joe on the street being critical of the new law hasn't ever read it -- but the AG? Not acceptable.

Last edited by RedJacket; 05-13-2010 at 06:00 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., who has been critical of Arizona's new immigration law, said Thursday he hasn't yet read the law and is going by what he's read in newspapers or seen on television.

It doesn't surprise that the average Joe on the street being critical of the new law hasn't ever read it -- but the AG? Not acceptable.
ABSOLUTELY, think first . . .

The epitome of blatant arrogance and ignorance for the Attorney General of The United States to criticize, correction: SLAM, Arizona's SB1070 prior to reading each and every word.

Where do these losers come from? Do they have trouble sleeping at night after accepting their paychecks? I know I would.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 PM

42,673 posts, read 19,552,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
why do they not put border patrol where it belongs on the border? put stations every so many miles and patrol them ? seems like this would be more efficant than this law. oh and those who are caught should be made to clean up the areas they have littered.
First of all, there's about 1,000 miles of southern border between us and Mexico, so logistically, it wouldn't make any sense to put a border station every so many miles. There are more efficient ways to stop illegals from entering the United States. At one point they were in the process of building a good fence, but that stopped.

Any building projects will take time to finish, but in the mean time, while most of the border is unprotected, a more efficient way to control the flow of illegals is to not give them the incentive to come in illegally. By incentives I mean jobs, and employers who hire them, who will now be penalized if they get caught with undocumented workers.

The new fence, the Border Patrol, and the National Guard, will help keep scum-bag drug runners and other criminals from coming into the United States.

This problem will not get solved overnight, it'll take time, and with an effort by the feds, it can be accomplished.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:17 PM

4,965 posts, read 3,635,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
First of all, there's about 1,000 miles of southern border between us and Mexico, so logistically, it wouldn't make any sense to put a border station every so many miles. There are more efficient ways to stop illegals from entering the United States. At one point they were in the process of building a good fence, but that stopped.

Any building projects will take time to finish, but in the mean time, while most of the border is unprotected, a more efficient way to control the flow of illegals is to not give them the incentive to come in illegally. By incentives I mean jobs, and employers who hire them, who will now be penalized if they get caught with undocumented workers.

The new fence, the Border Patrol, and the National Guard, will help keep scum-bag drug runners and other criminals from coming into the United States.

This problem will not get solved overnight, it'll take time, and with an effort by the feds, it can be accomplished.
I don't know where the money would come from to build more Border Patrol stations in the state. Admittedly the ones we have are not ALL right on the border but we have a lot. Arizona has two BP Sectors...Tucson and Yuma. The Tucson Sector has 9 stations...Ajo, Casa Grande, Douglas, Naco, Nogales, Sonoita, Tucson and Wilcox. Yuma Sector has Wellton, Boulder City, Yuma and includes Blythe, CA in their Sector. I guess they had their reasons for building them where they did.

I do know that the Agents don't hang out at the stations. They check in and they don't see their station again till the end of their shift, which can last up to 18-24 hours depending on the 'action' during their shift. And they have agents out there 24/7. From what I understand they are planning on adding about 3,500 agents but it takes a lot of time to get them trained and on the job.

New Mexico has one Sector and 8 stations. Texas has 5 Sectors and 42 stations. California has only two Sectors and 13 stations. I guess because the bottom of the state is fairly narrow. They had three but they closed down one Sector that included 8 stations. The BP wasn't too happy about that I guess. I found that 47 states have Border Patrol stations as does Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Kinda surprised me some of the states that have Border Patrol because they are nowhere NEAR any border but maybe those states have an "illegal problem".

I agree it will take time to solve the problems but I can't help thinking how much time the government has already wasted over the years.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM

8,164 posts, read 9,471,024 times
This guy should catch heat beyond heat for running his gums on something he didn't take the time to personally read

you're the AG of the whole nation - take some responsibility and spend the little bit of time it takes to read a 20 page bill before shooting off on a national television program

Old 05-13-2010, 09:27 PM

49,305 posts, read 45,862,394 times
youbetcha, if AZ is successful, others will follow suit. americans trying to defend themselves can and will be punished.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
This guy should catch heat beyond heat for running his gums on something he didn't take the time to personally read

you're the AG of the whole nation - take some responsibility and spend the little bit of time it takes to read a 20 page bill before shooting off on a national television program
Great point, FL.

Considering many of the goons in this wonderful administration, is it possible Eric Holder doesn't even know how to read?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona