Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:09 PM

162 posts, read 181,297 times

Advertisements

We want to RV snowbird in AZ.
the crime stats are so bad, i ask is there any place where the crime is at least below average?
then i need to find out if they have an RV park there.
some are listed as safer but the rv park is actually in phoenix!
thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 02:17 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,405,257 times
Stay away from Phoenix. Crime is high and the police are more concerned with looking tough like Wyatt Earp rather than actually stoping the gang violence raging in this hell on earth.

Last edited by irwin; 08-05-2006 at 03:24 PM..

Old 08-05-2006, 06:11 PM

435 posts, read 1,575,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin
Stay away from Phoenix. Crime is high and the police are more concerned with looking tough like Wyatt Earp rather than actually stoping the gang violence raging in this hell on earth.

Here's a link to Republican Gubernatorial candidate Len Munsil's editorial in the AZ Republic from today. Basically, without saying so much, he's calling Janet Napolitano and Terry Goddard on the carpet for basically ignoring, sugarcoating, and flat-out failing to address Arizona's crime problem, which is statistically the worst in the nation. Let me write that in bold for those who still see things through rose-colored glasses: ARIZONA'S CRIME RATE IS THE WORST IN THE NATION. If you don't think it's that bad, it's probably because your state government does its best to shield the stats from the public & the mainstream media, and therefore you live in a state of ignorant bliss.

The article also gives a subtle nod to Phil Gordon and the city of Phoenix for downplaying the overall crime escalation, shoveling that under the carpet by upstaging the media drama surrounding 2 isolated nutcases, who together accounted for such a miniscule percentage of the crimes committed in Phoenix over the past year that it's silly to think they've been the ones getting this much attention and creating this much hysteria. He's all but said, and the media has followed suit, that "it's alright to come out now, we're all safe, there's nothing to worry about". Sure thing, buddy. It's all just a couple of rare, isolated maniacs causing all the problems, and we're supposed to believe that, right? The stats tell another story. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opinions/articles/0805satlet3-051.html (broken link)

Old 08-05-2006, 08:26 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve22
Here's a link to Republican Gubernatorial candidate Len Munsil's editorial in the AZ Republic from today. Basically, without saying so much, he's calling Janet Napolitano and Terry Goddard on the carpet for basically ignoring, sugarcoating, and flat-out failing to address Arizona's crime problem, which is statistically the worst in the nation. Let me write that in bold for those who still see things through rose-colored glasses: ARIZONA'S CRIME RATE IS THE WORST IN THE NATION. If you don't think it's that bad, it's probably because your state government does its best to shield the stats from the public & the mainstream media, and therefore you live in a state of ignorant bliss.

The article also gives a subtle nod to Phil Gordon and the city of Phoenix for downplaying the overall crime escalation, shoveling that under the carpet by upstaging the media drama surrounding 2 isolated nutcases, who together accounted for such a miniscule percentage of the crimes committed in Phoenix over the past year that it's silly to think they've been the ones getting this much attention and creating this much hysteria. He's all but said, and the media has followed suit, that "it's alright to come out now, we're all safe, there's nothing to worry about". Sure thing, buddy. It's all just a couple of rare, isolated maniacs causing all the problems, and we're supposed to believe that, right? The stats tell another story. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opinions/articles/0805satlet3-051.html (broken link)

That's right! ...........what a joke. I'm glad you pointed this out.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:21 PM

36 posts, read 303,228 times
I would try somewhere like Apache Junction or Gold Canyon. They're not too close to the city and they seem to be pretty quiet towns.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:25 PM

989 posts, read 5,924,655 times
A large portion of AZ's crime is due to gangs which is heavily influenced by Hispanics coming in illegally from Mexico, with less respect for the common laws. It's unfortunate that they keep coming here in such high numbers without any regulation or process. Hopefully- the congress gets a better immigration process passed soon, so that AZ no longer has to battle criminals with unknown or fake identity's.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:59 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Is the National Guard down there guarding the borders?

Old 08-19-2006, 10:07 PM

36 posts, read 303,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda54 View Post
For every one they catch (the guard) 10 more slip by. It is true, no matter what part of AZ you go to, that is all you see--illegal immigrants. I hate it here.
I'll admit that in some places there are lots, but that is definitely not all you see.

Old 08-19-2006, 10:15 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
Default Try Quartzite RV snowbirding

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon125 View Post
We want to RV snowbird in AZ.
the crime stats are so bad, i ask is there any place where the crime is at least below average?
then i need to find out if they have an RV park there.
some are listed as safer but the rv park is actually in phoenix!
thanks all
My parents drive their huge RV down from Northern California when the December Tule fog sets in and it gets too cold to golf, they go to Quartzite (I think that's how it's spelled...). It's an unusual place in that it has infrastructure like a brick and mortar town, but it's almost all RV's from all over North America. Zillions of Canadians and northern Americans flock there, and ... let me tell you... any retarded criminal who tries to take on armed RV's (my dad has arms in the RV and my mom isn't a bad shot herself ) is asking for an early ticket to Judgement Day. I've heard Arizona has dreadful crime too, and I really don't know much about it. But I assume it's centered in Phoenix and that area. Quartzite is RV'ers through and through, and I think there are golf facilities there too. You just hook into the utilities and presto! Instant neighborhood

Old 08-20-2006, 07:45 PM

68 posts, read 254,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
That's right! ...........what a joke. I'm glad you pointed this out.
Did the 2 nut jobs commit 2/3's or 5 tenths of the crime in Phoenix. I heard 1 percent of 46 percent of all phoenix crimes are committed by criminals. There are now 961 gang members in Phoenix that will likely double in 8 and 1/2 days depending on the equinox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona