Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 07:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,544 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to Eureka Springs. At least one of us will have to commute for work and are ok with up to an hour drive. Is this realistic for commuting to bentonville/rogers/fayetteville? Do many people make this commute? Any potential hidden pitfalls? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 08:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,339,847 times
You can get to Rogers in about 45 minutes. I have never drove that road during rush hours, but I would assume that the traffic wouldn't be horrible. It isn't the easiest drive with all the curvy roads, but it is a beautiful drive.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 AM

176 posts, read 417,054 times
I grew up in Nw Ar and moved away in 1991 the population is probably 4 times more than it was in 91. You can get to rogers in 45 minutes on a good day,during tourist season it could be more like twice that alot of the time, that just gets you to rogers depending on where you work could be 30 to 45 minutes more from there. I lived at Lost Bridge Village about halfway between Eureka Springs and Rogers and that could be quite a drive at times back in 91 when I moved away.It is a great area and I miss it at times but I would try to find work closer to where I live or live closer to work.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:13 PM

99 posts, read 300,583 times
I've got a friend who commutes from West Fayetteville to Eureka (driving like a bat outta hell) and hates it. He's made the drive years before for many reasons and probably hundreds of times...but from Rogers. In other words, Rogers (or Bentonville) is about the closest main city to Eureka. Of course I'd recommend living on the east side of whichever city you choose so you don't have to battle traffic.

There are many roads out to Eureka but eventually you'll end up on the northern or southern route from Rogers or Springdale, respectively. These roads are nearly impassible since they're so windy and forget driving in any bad weather. Ice is the enemy in NWA winters, especially on these roads.

All in all, I'd give it 45 mins from Rogers or Springdale. Most likely 1 hour to 1:15 from most anywhere else.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:15 PM

123 posts, read 407,487 times
I'm not a local but I drove from Fayetteville to Eureka Springs and the drive really sucked. There's so many winding roads that go from 50 mph down to 25, repeat that a bunch of times and it makes for a really long trip while using a lot of gas.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 PM

3 posts, read 6,544 times
Thanks so much for all of the input! Keep them coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas