U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:59 AM

69,156 posts, read 79,283,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by candacecan View Post
I have lived in ES for a bit and it is very tolerant of liberal thinking, you will have no problems, also hot springs is a very artsy place. In HS you can go to the poets loft every wed. night and listen to poets bash bush and cheney.
The only problem with ES is that it is mostly tourist and in the winter they town partly shuts down. There is still a tourist traffic, but much less.
In HS you have Oak Lawn that starts up in the winter and it keeps things pumping, also you get a bit of snow in ES and none usualy in HS.
If you move out side of these areas, I have seen a lot of raceist thinking in some of the towns I lived.
Harrison is known for its KKK association and many there seem very proud of it, when I have talked to the avrage joe there.
Many of the small towns like harrison and mountain pine have a big population of original locals that do not like people from outside moving in to their area. So you get the "you aint from these parts are you"
But in ES and HS and HSVillage there are so many people from cal. wi. mi. in. and the like you will not feel out of place or need to go under cover as I put it, and put in the bad front teeth from wal-mart to fit in.
All of what you say is probably true but if someone is looking for a liberal settlement I hardly think HSV would be the best choice. As for HS, if your idea of a really exciting good time is listening to someone bash the pres every Wednesday night than that would be a great place for re-location.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,279 times
I would drive 10 miles to listen to someone bash bush.
He is an idiot that the oil companys have bought and paid for.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:04 PM

609 posts, read 1,871,983 times
Only one problem with Eureka Springs and that is finding a home if you plan to buy.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:08 PM

69,156 posts, read 79,283,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I would drive 10 miles to listen to someone bash bush.
He is an idiot that the oil companys have bought and paid for.
and he is the pres of the United States, elected to the position, sorry, I am not a strong Bush supporter, but it is views like yours that give us a bad name throughout the world. You do have a right to speak your mind, that is what our country is all about. I do differ with you on the Oil thing but that is for another time.

Nita

Old 08-10-2007, 11:07 AM

23 posts, read 82,130 times
I think Diversity Weekends are fine, there are 4 of them.

I am looking at property in the vicinity as I want to retire there. I was told that I had best start looking at property NOW as I might not be able to afford it in 15 years when I am ready to retire.

I had thought about looking at Berryville, but was told that I had better not fly a rainbow flag there and remove all of my rainbow stickers from my car if I wanted to live there. The property prices are better in Berryville, and I think it is a nice enough town. Berryville has a charming town square. Berryville just isn't a great place to be gay like Holiday Island or Eureka Springs.

I may well end up buying in Holiday Island as it is only a few miles to the North of Eureka Springs. Holiday Island has almost as ecclectic mix of people as Eureka Springs without such high property values. You can actually buy a decent house there for under 100K. Most of Eureka Springs has pretty high housing prices.

If you draw a circle about 10 miles out from Eureka Springs you will have nearly the same level of diversity at a lower cost. Prices are highest if you are on the Trolley Line. I would not buy in Eureka anywhere that I couldn't walk to the Trolley, however, there isn't much of Eureka where you can't.
Like bigger towns, stay out of your car unless you are leaving town, or at night when the trolleys stop running and things slow down.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,154 times
I hate to think that you even have to entertain that thought, but you wouldn't have a problem in Eureka. I said this on another post, but it's a happy melting pot of variety. You've got hippies and yuppies, religious, non-religious, pagans. People from all sorts of demographics and backgrounds. I think for such a small town, it is amazingly diverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or