U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2007, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,258 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Reputation: 38621

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Nita - I didn't know ya'll had decided for sure on BV - well, best of luck to you! I hope you love it here! It surely is a beautiful part of the state and I think you will love the state and the (mostly friendly people)...WELCOME!
We did, I let Debbie know a couple of days ago and was going to tell you, but wanted to make sure I let her know first.

Simply both our girls can use a tax write off (wish we had that problem) so they are contributing to a purchase for us. It is a long story, our oldest daughter loves Bella Vista so that is where we will be.

Nita

 
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
 
Location: The Great State of Arkansas
5,981 posts, read 15,895,915 times
Reputation: 7531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence&Kim View Post
Sam, I've enjoyed reading your posts and since we both seem to be too low-brow for some uppity hillbilly's intelectual banter, what say you and I hoist a few cold ones while you show me a few of the better places to catch rainbow trout when I finally make it out there. I hear they taste better with this new mercury flavoring.
You are delightful! I absolutely welcome the chance to hoist a few, even in my backward dry county....does transporting over the limit make me a moonshiner? I'll even take you to my other dry county up 'round Mountain View and show you the wonders of the White River...or maybe we'll just stay here and go down to Long Pool for a dip. In the water, that is, unless you'd like some snuff...I can probably locate some of that, too.

I've invited the Kringles, nmnita, Roz, and any number of people on this board to come to Arkansas and see what it's all about. If it doesn't suit you, turn your molly-tail around and get gone.....and we'll have a beautiful state all to ourselves.

I personally hope Arkansas keeps it's backward reputation (although I try to disparage that notion every chance I get) - maybe no one will come and we'll be the last little chunk of heaven on earth. I'll take the poultry farms, Nuclear One, and the good old boy system any day - it's what I know and what I live, and what I am to the core of my soul.

Anyone visiting the river valley area, shoot me a note - we'll treat you to dinner at Whattaburger, our city's icon of fine food.

Just a parting note - I heard all of this same stuff from my 30-year-old son before he went off to Michigan to law school - and after 3 years, guess where he couldn't wait to get back to? Same place he was so anxious to leave behind. He had an excellent job offer out of Denver and went to try it out - made it 3 weeks and decided maybe that was just too fast for him...and you couldn't tear that boy away from Arkansas if you had a pry bar. His brother went into the Marines to see the world...he's back, too. I'd like to believe that speaks well for our state - but really, I suppose, home is where your heart is, and ours is in Arkansas. Call us what you will, but we love the down to earth, laid back, country feel of things - and always will.
 
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 AM
 
154 posts, read 595,498 times
Reputation: 52
Heated and vigorous debate can be healthy. The compare and contrast dialogue between Hillbilly and Spence&Kim has been good.
 
Old 07-10-2007, 12:13 PM
 
Location: The Rock!
2,370 posts, read 6,853,644 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly60 View Post
I wonder what people who wrote these odd little replies are doing for their homeland?
Working with a small business concern in NWA to help them develop technologies to provide future high bandwidth spacecraft to spacecraft communications. What have you done??
 
Old 07-10-2007, 12:17 PM
 
Location: The Great State of Arkansas
5,981 posts, read 15,895,915 times
Reputation: 7531
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We did, I let Debbie know a couple of days ago and was going to tell you, but wanted to make sure I let her know first.

Simply both our girls can use a tax write off (wish we had that problem) so they are contributing to a purchase for us. It is a long story, our oldest daughter loves Bella Vista so that is where we will be.

Nita

I'm thrilled for you to get to be near your daughters and grandchildren and wish you the very best in BV...!
 
Old 07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
 
Location: The Great State of Arkansas
5,981 posts, read 15,895,915 times
Reputation: 7531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly60 View Post
And Sam you poor individual, it's obvious intellectual banter is well over your head - anger has nothing to do with it. YOU can't read either. I'm disappointed, not angry, and nowhere near stupid enough to live in Clarksville or LR......no reply required.
Well, now ain't you got your panties all up your crack? You said in your first post you moved back to be near a parent after you lived most of your life in the Promised Land of Calif.....your whole diatribe was a slam to Clarksville (if not all of Arkansas), so what is someone supposed to deduce? Damn my Arkansas education anyway. Perhaps you might want to take a look back at your prolonged discourse of what is wrong and maybe take that Cali-boy smarts and decide where your punctuation done gone wrong.

If you ain't mad, you got a good case of the red ass going on....
 
Old 07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Somewhere close to Heber, AR
388 posts, read 1,616,545 times
Reputation: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
You are delightful! I absolutely welcome the chance to hoist a few, even in my backward dry county....does transporting over the limit make me a moonshiner? I'll even take you to my other dry county up 'round Mountain View and show you the wonders of the White River...or maybe we'll just stay here and go down to Long Pool for a dip. In the water, that is, unless you'd like some snuff...I can probably locate some of that, too.

I've invited the Kringles, nmnita, Roz, and any number of people on this board to come to Arkansas and see what it's all about. If it doesn't suit you, turn your molly-tail around and get gone.....and we'll have a beautiful state all to ourselves.

I personally hope Arkansas keeps it's backward reputation (although I try to disparage that notion every chance I get) - maybe no one will come and we'll be the last little chunk of heaven on earth. I'll take the poultry farms, Nuclear One, and the good old boy system any day - it's what I know and what I live, and what I am to the core of my soul.

Anyone visiting the river valley area, shoot me a note - we'll treat you to dinner at Whattaburger, our city's icon of fine food.

Just a parting note - I heard all of this same stuff from my 30-year-old son before he went off to Michigan to law school - and after 3 years, guess where he couldn't wait to get back to? Same place he was so anxious to leave behind. He had an excellent job offer out of Denver and went to try it out - made it 3 weeks and decided maybe that was just too fast for him...and you couldn't tear that boy away from Arkansas if you had a pry bar. His brother went into the Marines to see the world...he's back, too. I'd like to believe that speaks well for our state - but really, I suppose, home is where your heart is, and ours is in Arkansas. Call us what you will, but we love the down to earth, laid back, country feel of things - and always will.
Added to your rep...I understand and agree completely.

Besides Arkansas, I've lived in 7 other states and 6 other countries (not visited...lived in and found something good in all of them) and visited many other staes and countries.

Nobody will get me out of here again...I worked too long and hard to get back here and to enjoy a dream.

I'll visit other places (too much of an explorer to ignore a wanderlust on occasion), but no place will ever replace "home".

Yeah, we've got warts and scabs but I'll take it just as it is and enjoy every minute of it.
 
Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Frisco, Tx
419 posts, read 1,344,200 times
Reputation: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Well, now ain't you got your panties all up your crack? You said in your first post you moved back to be near a parent after you lived most of your life in the Promised Land of Calif.....your whole diatribe was a slam to Clarksville (if not all of Arkansas), so what is someone supposed to deduce? Damn my Arkansas education anyway. Perhaps you might want to take a look back at your prolonged discourse of what is wrong and maybe take that Cali-boy smarts and decide where your punctuation done gone wrong.

If you ain't mad, you got a good case of the red ass going on....
Oh snap Sam, look at you showing off that learnin'! Good catch. You fire a pretty big shot for one I read was unarmed! You think maybe Mr. No Cal bit off more than he could chew?

Last edited by DFWMike; 07-10-2007 at 01:07 PM..
 
Old 07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
 
Location: The Great State of Arkansas
5,981 posts, read 15,895,915 times
Reputation: 7531
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
Oh snap Sam, look at you showing off that learnin'! Good catch. You fire a pretty big shot for one I read was unarmed! You think maybe Mr. No Cal bit off more than he could chew?
Let us hope so. All things go back from whence they came eventually. Ashes to ashes, dirt to dirt, snobs to California.

(Actually, I have nothing against California other than I'm allergic to cedar trees.....but I'm rapidly developing a distaste for some of the folks that came outta there, which has nothing to do with the state. See how smart I am, I can differentiate between crummy state and crummy person!)
 
Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
 
4 posts, read 23,253 times
Reputation: 17
Cool Amazing......

I stumble into one of these things a couple of times a year, always in a fit of regression about something some misinformed idiot put up. It never fails to amaze me how many empty nesters there are with absolutely nothing to do, and having discovered the wonders of the internet, they suddenly have plenty to say about things they obviously know very little about. I'm not quitting the argument, and I sincerely hope all your bp meds are working well, but there are actually things to do in AR, and I have to bow out of indulging such directionless nonsense which so many of you seem to take to heart. Where do you find the time........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top