U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 AM

5,982 posts, read 11,117,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAngel97 View Post
Being a native Californian, I am so tired of hearing how we "ruin" other places. People are people are people. I am an American citizen and am free to live wherever I choose

Unfortunately, I chose Las Vegas!!

Now I'm going to choose Arkansas. When I tell people I want to move to AR, the usual reply is:

"WHAT? Why on earth would you want to live there? They are all hicks. They say "y'all". What is wrong with you?"

I guess I just can't wait to be a "hick" and say "y'all" while living in my c 1900 or lakefront home, sipping sweet tea and breathing in the clean air.

Thanks for lettin' me vent...!
Well, unfortunately (or fortunately, in my eyes!), Arkansas is a very misunderstood state....as is California or pretty much any place you can pick. I prefer to keep it that way - less people, less sprawl. Living in the 1970's is not a bad thing! We welcome all with open arms who are willing to accept "ya'll" and "yonder" and agree that God invented sweet tea!

Welcome, JGAngel - ignore the negativity and bring it on! Your eyes will feel much better after not staring at neon signs 24/7!

Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM

58 posts, read 139,248 times
Cool You're Cool Sam

I have to tell you Sam,

I enjoy reading your posts! You have a great sense of humor and a lot of good ole fashioned common sense.

I was a little concerned recently with some of the posts especially after plunking down some of my hard earned savings... But then I run across one of yours now and then or Nita's and it's very hearwarming.

My escrow closes in a week! I hope once I get to CV i'll have a chance to meet you one day.

Best regards,
Roz

Old 07-23-2007, 05:03 PM

5,982 posts, read 11,117,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor912 View Post
I have to tell you Sam,

I enjoy reading your posts! You have a great sense of humor and a lot of good ole fashioned common sense.

I was a little concerned recently with some of the posts especially after plunking down some of my hard earned savings... But then I run across one of yours now and then or Nita's and it's very hearwarming.

My escrow closes in a week! I hope once I get to CV i'll have a chance to meet you one day.

Best regards,
Roz
I would be EXTREMELY honored to meet you or Nita and her lovely husband at the point we are all in Razorback country together! CV, BV, Little Rock - we'll have a newcomers party! Woohoo!

Please brush up on your wooooooopiiiiiiggggggggggsssooooooiiiiieee! RAZORBACKS! Football season's coming up -you're gonna need it!

Old 07-23-2007, 05:08 PM

Cool Your'e Cool Sam

Sam...
I'm counting on plenty of time to practice once I get there....
I promise I'll be ready!!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 05:32 PM

50,119 posts, read 42,556,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I would be EXTREMELY honored to meet you or Nita and her lovely husband at the point we are all in Razorback country together! CV, BV, Little Rock - we'll have a newcomers party! Woohoo!

Please brush up on your wooooooopiiiiiiggggggggggsssooooooiiiiieee! RAZORBACKS! Football season's coming up -you're gonna need it!
Razorback fans here; remember we have a granddaughter who is a senior at the AR and our oldest daughter's best friend (almost my 3rd daughter) is married to a guy that played football for them when they went to the Orange Bowl in about 1977 or something like that; actually I think it may have a been a year or two before that.

Anyway, we will all get together after Victor and I get settled. We will make it a date!!!!!!

Nita

Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM

I'll be there!!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:51 PM

355 posts, read 34,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Well, unfortunately (or fortunately, in my eyes!), Arkansas is a very misunderstood state....as is California or pretty much any place you can pick. I prefer to keep it that way - less people, less sprawl. Living in the 1970's is not a bad thing! We welcome all with open arms who are willing to accept "ya'll" and "yonder" and agree that God invented sweet tea!
I love ya'll and yonder but I despise sweet tea. But hey, I was raised in MO and mayb e that is why. LOLOL
But I absolutely love Arkansas but, we are moving back to Missouri, but the southern part of MO and then we can spend time in northern Arkansas visitng and enjoying the nature and beauty it has to offer also.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:05 PM

388 posts, read 1,302,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
I love ya'll and yonder but I despise sweet tea.
Heathen!

Just kidding.

Used to be, didn't have to differentiate between sweet tea and unsweetened tea, but you do now.

I make my sweet tea with Splenda (damn doctors), and let me tell you, it was a chore to get it right.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM

9,595 posts, read 4,871,164 times
[quote=Sam I Am;1122536]We welcome all with open arms who are willing to accept "ya'll" and "yonder" and agree that God invented sweet tea!

QUOTE]

Hey wait a cotton pickin minute here!!!! I always thought it ws my Aunt Zet that invented Sweet Tea.....Oh Well if'n it was truly the almighty, He and Aunt Zet can now swap some recipes ........RIP Auntie Izetta

Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 PM

10 posts, read 27,152 times
I agree...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas