Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 02:10 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
So are they going to find the real killer/s? Or do you think that this will turn out to be a cold case?
With the plea bargain, the 3 "confessed" to the killing. West Memphis is closing the book on this one. If they do find the real killer(s) then it opens them back up to a lawsuit again.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:33 PM

17 posts, read 31,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhmet1974 View Post
3 witnesses said they saw the boys with him at 6:30. Yet he told police his son wasn't home at that time when he came home, and then didn't call police until 8, and then picked up his wife at 9 (which is when she realized he was missing---who doesn't call their wife to mention their EIGHT year old son is missing??? I know it's a small town, but come on!!!).

That said, Hobbs and his friend have not been proven guilty either (thanks to the state of Arkansas)...and so I think the possibility absolutely remains that it was someone(s) passing through...actually must be 2 since the DNA from 2 unidentified men are in the recent DNA tests of the crime scene. That is a town of heavy passing through traffic and the town is known for high drug consumption/usage/trafficking as well. So it absolutely could have been some horrible person(s) at the wrong place at the wrong time (wrong being for the victims). I want to say Terry Hobbs connection smells like a fishy rat possibility, however I was *convinced* it was Byers (as so many were), and so many have been wrongly convinced it was the WM3, so I am not going to say I think it is so-and-so without absolutely evidence. Would defeat the whole purpose and moral of the story of what has happened with this case.

I do hope and pray that true light does come to this case some day, where the WM3 are FULLY exonerated and the real killer(s) are found. It's got to be horrible for that families and the community, knowing there is possibly someone among them who has done this and never really being able to be at peace or at least have some kind of closure.

That is a fascinating read!!!! Thanks for the link!!! IMHO, it appears that is a slam dunk that Terry Hobbs committed the murder of those 3 boys. What is the reaction in West Memphis or the surrounding areas about the guys being released from jail???? Is there any good books, articles, or websites about the West Memphis 3???? I would love to read and research about the West Memphis 3 as it sound like there was a lot of sloppy police work and the DA was quick to find anybody to get a conviction.......and since those guys liked heavy metal music, got them screwed.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashtalk View Post
That is a fascinating read!!!! Thanks for the link!!! IMHO, it appears that is a slam dunk that Terry Hobbs committed the murder of those 3 boys. What is the reaction in West Memphis or the surrounding areas about the guys being released from jail???? Is there any good books, articles, or websites about the West Memphis 3???? I would love to read and research about the West Memphis 3 as it sound like there was a lot of sloppy police work and the DA was quick to find anybody to get a conviction.......and since those guys liked heavy metal music, got them screwed.
I've been following this since 1996
There are 2 documentaries, Paradise Lost 1 and 2 on youtube . Just type in Paradise Lost, west Memphis 3 and you will find them. I would post the video here but I am not sure that I can
Please be warned. If you watch ,there is is footage of the boys bodies after they were found and it will haunt you.

Some other links
There supporters sight with lots of links to court documents and info
Free The West Memphis Three

TrueTV crime library article about the case
The West Memphis Three — A Most Heinous Crime — Crime Library on truTV.com

WM3 forum with links to lots of official documents and forums. Some of the family members post here
WM3 Blackboard - Index (http://www.wm3blackboard.com/forum/index.php - broken link)

All documents relating to the case are here
Home

Just an FYI but both Terry Hobbs and John Mark Byers both had their teeth pulled

Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM

17 posts, read 31,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
I've been following this since 1996
There are 2 documentaries, Paradise Lost 1 and 2 on youtube . Just type in Paradise Lost, west Memphis 3 and you will find them. I would post the video here but I am not sure that I can
Please be warned. If you watch ,there is is footage of the boys bodies after they were found and it will haunt you.

Some other links
There supporters sight with lots of links to court documents and info
Free The West Memphis Three

TrueTV crime library article about the case
The West Memphis Three — A Most Heinous Crime — Crime Library on truTV.com

WM3 forum with links to lots of official documents and forums. Some of the family members post here
WM3 Blackboard - Index (http://www.wm3blackboard.com/forum/index.php - broken link)

All documents relating to the case are here
Home

Just an FYI but both Terry Hobbs and John Mark Byers both had their teeth pulled

thank you!!!! I can't believe I forgot about this case. I am glad they got released from jail and I hope they get their names cleared. Also, I hope they find the "real" killers of those 3 kids.

Although I am for the death penalty, the "West Memphis 3" reminds me of the past problems the judicial system in Texas where all that matter was whether the DA got reelected based on the amount of convictions he got while the DA was in office..........regardless if the "accused" was innocent.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-21-2011 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:

They both did?? Wow...
You know, what about the parent who still believes these 3 boys are guilty. It was one man they interviewed on tv , a father to one of the boys. He was upset about the realize and still thought they were the real killers. How can he, with all this evidence! Does he not want true justice for his child??

Old 08-21-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
They both did?? Wow...
You know, what about the parent who still believes these 3 boys are guilty. It was one man they interviewed on tv , a father to one of the boys. He was upset about the realize and still thought they were the real killers. How can he, with all this evidence! Does he not want true justice for his child??
I'd have to look up the dates but one of them did it before the so called bite evidence, the other did it after

The parents vary in their opinions

John Mark Byers was the most angry at the WM3. He is now one of their biggest supporters. He became a supporter 5 years or so ago. His wife died believing the WM3 are guilty.
Terry Hobbs believes the WM3 are guilty. His wife believes they are innocent and has accused him. Terry Kicked her out of the house weeks after the murders telling her to "get over it . Terry Hobbs once beat her severely. Her brother stepped in (or maybe confronted him later), Terry shot him . Her brother survived but died later and his death was related to the wound. He was also accused of sexual assault by a neighbor

Todd Moore and his wife believe the WM3 are guilty. I may have read somewhere that they haven't read anything beyond the original court case.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 PM

222 posts, read 752,707 times
Quote:
So are they going to find the real killer/s? Or do you think that this will turn out to be a cold case?
To be honest, I don't think that West Memphis powers-that-be care. I think the mentality has remained the same. Cover it up. Let it go.

If a killer is found, it will be because the friends of the boys press on, and spend the time & $$$ to seek the truth. I hope they do... I REALLY do...

Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 AM

I need to clarify one things I researched last night. It is Steve Branch's Bio dad who has not read more than the original court documents, not Michael Moore's parents

Old 08-22-2011, 06:24 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
Quote:
No matter what, nobody won yesterday.
If the WM3 are guilty, then today child killers are walking free.
If the WM3 a re innocent, the we have 6 victims.. 3 men lost their adult lives and will spend the rest of their lives labeled as child killers. And child killers are still walking free.
Christopher Byers, Stevie Branch and Michael Moore are still dead, and there killers got away with it. There is no justice here. None at all. This makes me so angry. Everything about this is heartbreaking
Perfect summation

Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM

542 posts, read 1,478,803 times
Quote:

Where did you read or hear that Terry Hobbs also had his teeth pulled???

I also just read (sorry don't have the site...you will just have to google research like I've been doing) that Terry Hobb's ex wife (Pam Hobbs--mother of Stevie Branch to whom Terry Hobbs is the stepfather...they are no longer married) said that here and her sister found Stevie's knife in his (Terry) belongs after the murder....that she was shocked to find it as her father (Stevie's grandfather) had given it to him and he ALWAYS had it on him, and she was shocked that the police didn't find it at the murder scene. She also stated that her sister saw Terry doing laundry and cleaning Stevie's beddings/sheets at an on time around the murders (this is from a website, so I don't know how accurate that is). I do know that she has joined Byers and other parents in support of the WM3 and their innocence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas