Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:59 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhmet1974 View Post
Where did you read or hear that Terry Hobbs also had his teeth pulled???

I also just read (sorry don't have the site...you will just have to google research like I've been doing) that Terry Hobb's ex wife (Pam Hobbs--mother of Stevie Branch to whom Terry Hobbs is the stepfather...they are no longer married) said that here and her sister found Stevie's knife in his (Terry) belongs after the murder....that she was shocked to find it as her father (Stevie's grandfather) had given it to him and he ALWAYS had it on him, and she was shocked that the police didn't find it at the murder scene. She also stated that her sister saw Terry doing laundry and cleaning Stevie's beddings/sheets at an on time around the murders (this is from a website, so I don't know how accurate that is). I do know that she has joined Byers and other parents in support of the WM3 and their innocence.
It's on the Jive Puppy site
...:::Murders In West Memphis:::...

But I read it in other places too

Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 PM

542 posts, read 1,478,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
It's on the Jive Puppy site

But I read it in other places too

I was just coming here to post this link...I'm reading it now, wow!

Old 08-28-2011, 03:58 PM

26 posts, read 68,975 times
I've spent a lot of hours reading on this case as well.

The best I can come up with is "I don't know who did it".

I want to point out again, as was above, the archive site of documents and evidence: West Memphis Three Document Archive

Included in that site is what is known as the 'Echols 500'. This is the mental health history of Damien Echols that shows he did a hell of a lot more than wear black and listen to heavy metal. He was, at the time of the killings, a seriously disturbed and violent person.

I'm not saying that makes him guilty of these murders. Just that there is much more to this case than is commonly written about or mentioned even by highly educated experts. I find that fact troubling.

Echols 500 link

Echols 500 broken down

Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double edge View Post
I've spent a lot of hours reading on this case as well.

The best I can come up with is "I don't know who did it".

I want to point out again, as was above, the archive site of documents and evidence: West Memphis Three Document Archive

Included in that site is what is known as the 'Echols 500'. This is the mental health history of Damien Echols that shows he did a hell of a lot more than wear black and listen to heavy metal. He was, at the time of the killings, a seriously disturbed and violent person.

I'm not saying that makes him guilty of these murders. Just that there is much more to this case than is commonly written about or mentioned even by highly educated experts. I find that fact troubling.

Echols 500 link

Echols 500 broken down
I love how many of the documents state "do not re-disclose" yet they are very obviously re-disclosed. I guess as the Medical Records Coordinator for a child/adolescent behavioral health center adds to the fact that I am appalled that this info is floating around.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:57 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
There is no doubt Damien was mentally ill. That doesn't make him a killer though. Lots of mentally ill people manage to live without killing anyone. I know that most of the supporters I know are aware of Damien's mental health history

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

26 posts, read 68,975 times
I agree.

What it does make him is a viable suspect; not the victimized 'oh, he was just the weird kid they singled out because of his clothes and the music he liked'.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
Actually John Mark Byers is one of their biggest supporters now. Hhe was at the court protesting their innocence and was very angry that innocent men had to make a plea. I do understand why people who saw the first 2 documentaries but had not seen much recent stuff would still suspect Mark Byers
DNA was found in the ligature of one of the boys that likely matches Terry Hobbs. Terry Hobbs is Stevie Branch's stepfather. There is some other circumstantial evidence that points towards him, including him and a friend having been seen in the woods that night. DNA consistent with that friend was also found at the crime scene
Here is a link with basic info about Terry Hobbs
Until the WM3 were released I had been out of the loop for a few years. I look forward to researching Terry Hobbs more. I know he was mentioned in Devil's Knot. I was not aware John Mark Byers was now a supporter of the 3. Very shocking from my point of view. I hope his new stand is genuine and not a sick game. He is a truly bizarre man. His alibi didn't add up, the knife he gave away with the blood sat he claimed he had never used and then seconds later said he cut deer meat with and finally that he cut himself. Either way I will do some more reading.

Regards.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double edge View Post
I agree.

What it does make him is a viable suspect; not the victimized 'oh, he was just the weird kid they singled out because of his clothes and the music he liked'.
according to law, a viable suspect is someone who is linked to the crimes by an infallible thread. not someone who has a screw loose. does anyone REALLY think that they still did it? based on WHAT? please give me a rundown of your evidence, and logic to back it up- not your "feelings" on the issue.

and you do know about the hair found in the ropes, linking the father to the crimes? how is that not viable evidence, when damien echols being a little nuts is?

any cop will tell you that any time a crime is committed the loonies come out of the woodwork to confess. that doesn't mean they did it. anyone who still believes these kids didn't get railroaded must be someone who is so stubbornly pro-arkansas as to be blind to the inequities in their legal system or just blind period. this isn't the 17th century. you need evidence- anywhere but arkansas, apparently.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM

17 posts, read 35,617 times
They found fibers from Damien and Jason's clothes on the bodies...explain that please? 1man couldnt hold down and torture 3 boys.3 teenagers could,and you heard Jessie say 1 kid ran and I chased him down.Thats the truth.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:20 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi_28 View Post
They found fibers from Damien and Jason's clothes on the bodies...explain that please? 1man couldnt hold down and torture 3 boys.3 teenagers could,and you heard Jessie say 1 kid ran and I chased him down.Thats the truth.
it was also said that its safer for couples to hitchhike, that one man couldn't have overpowered two adults. that has been proven wrong, categorically, over and over.

randy kraft, a small man, regularly murdered much larger, stronger marines without them even putting up a fight. up to 60, in fact. and he was around 140 pounds.

and if the BOYS KNEW THE MAN, they would not have fought. he could have said, "we are gonna play a game". HIS HAIR WAS FOUND IN THE ROPES. i guess that's not enough for you. DAMIEN's CARPET MEANS MORE. which i can only conclude that you like to ignore evidence in favor of your own prejudices. woe betide the jury that includes you because a fair trial would never be had.

do you think those boys would have gone willingly into the woods with damien echols and his crew? but they would have with the stepfather. who was SEEN WITH THEM JUST BEFORE THEY DISAPPEARED, and he denied it. DENIED IT. even tho the neighbors saw him, plain as day. put that with the hair in the ropes and you have something far more suspicious than a substandard-intelligent teenager's confession (which again, differed from known facts).

don't you think it is disturbing that some of the evidence presented in the trial focused on the kind of music damien listened to? apparently, that is your idea of justice. woe for the world should the justices be ran by overbearing liberals who would consider listening to "sweet home alabama" a hate crime. then the shoe would be on the other foot, and you would realize how freaking inappropriate that is.

the fiber evidence was said to be similar. but where did this come from? the carpet? was it a carpet that was widely available in that area? fiber evidence is not conclusive on its own, unless it is corroborated with several other fiber's similiarities. the wayne williams case was built on fiber evidence, and the statistical improbability of there being 3 or 4 examples found on the bodies and also in his home. they would never have convicted him on the basis of one fiber sample. and fiber evidence goes out the window when you consider that the DNA EVIDENCE DID NOT MATCH. funny how you ignore that.

like i said, lets not let evidence get in the way of good old redneck bloodlust. and before you whine, i was born and raised in small GA town FAR smaller than west memphis. and so I KNOW HOW BLOODTHIRSTY and STUPID rednecks can get. all thought flies out the window. ever heard of a lynch mob?

they are innocent, and the evidence supports that, and arkansas chose to ignore it, making themselves a laughing stock. now they are free and maybe they will focus on getting the real killer. perhaps justice will be done...this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas