U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:48 PM

419 posts, read 1,346,623 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to get a ruckus started, since I noticed all the Arkansas guys put up their schedules, I thought I'd put ours up with emphasis on the first guys we play. We play only the best in preseason, nobody braver than the horns on scheduling, lol. And Longhorns are a hogs best friend right?

Sat, Sep 1 Arkansas State TBA --
Sat, Sep 8 (22) TCU 7:00 pm --
Sat, Sep 15 at UCF 3:30 pm --
Sat, Sep 22 Rice 7:00 pm --
Sat, Sep 29 Kansas State TBA --
Sat, Oct 6 (11) Oklahoma TBA --
Sat, Oct 13 at Iowa State TBA --
Sat, Oct 20 at Baylor TBA --
Sat, Oct 27 Nebraska TBA --
Sat, Nov 3 at Oklahoma State TBA --
Sat, Nov 10 Texas Tech TBA --
Fri, Nov 23 at Texas A&M 3:30 pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM

154 posts, read 596,389 times
Talking about schedules - look at who the hogs play this year .... I think ESPN called it the second easiest schedule in the country. Oh well, I think the Razorbacks pick up Texas again starting next year and the hogs just came off back to back non-conference thumpings by USC.

I personally think Arkansas vs. Arkansas State in Little Rock every year would be a great first game to kick off the season. An Arkansas shaped trophy like the LSU / Arkansas "boot" could go to the winner. Maybe our new governor can make this happen. Of course, before you know it UCA is going to want in on the action - probably one of the best "up and coming" football programs around.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 PM

50 posts, read 290,208 times
I've thought for years that UA versus A State and/or UALR would be great for basketball fans but I don't think it will ever happen until after Frank Broyles leaves the UA. I assume he never wanted an in state game to save embarrassment if the HOGS were to get beaten??? I don't know, never could figure it out when I lived there. Lots of places have great in-state rivalries of course (Iowa/Iowa State/U of Northern Iowa/Drake.....Colorado/UNC/Colorado State). But just cause the fans want it doesn't mean it will happen in Arkansas. I personally miss the old SW conference days. I think the SEC is far better than the SWC was but there's a lot of great history in the SWC. Texas, USC, Notre Dame......Troy? Not a powerhouse are they.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:48 PM

69,443 posts, read 79,656,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
Just wanted to get a ruckus started, since I noticed all the Arkansas guys put up their schedules, I thought I'd put ours up with emphasis on the first guys we play. We play only the best in preseason, nobody braver than the horns on scheduling, lol. And Longhorns are a hogs best friend right?

Sat, Sep 1 Arkansas State TBA --
Sat, Sep 8 (22) TCU 7:00 pm --
Sat, Sep 15 at UCF 3:30 pm --
Sat, Sep 22 Rice 7:00 pm --
Sat, Sep 29 Kansas State TBA --
Sat, Oct 6 (11) Oklahoma TBA --
Sat, Oct 13 at Iowa State TBA --
Sat, Oct 20 at Baylor TBA --
Sat, Oct 27 Nebraska TBA --
Sat, Nov 3 at Oklahoma State TBA --
Sat, Nov 10 Texas Tech TBA --
Fri, Nov 23 at Texas A&M 3:30 pm
this has to almost be a joke. What a sugar pie schedule.

Nita

Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post
I've thought for years that UA versus A State and/or UALR would be great for basketball fans but I don't think it will ever happen until after Frank Broyles leaves the UA. I assume he never wanted an in state game to save embarrassment if the HOGS were to get beaten??? I don't know, never could figure it out when I lived there. Lots of places have great in-state rivalries of course (Iowa/Iowa State/U of Northern Iowa/Drake.....Colorado/UNC/Colorado State). But just cause the fans want it doesn't mean it will happen in Arkansas. I personally miss the old SW conference days. I think the SEC is far better than the SWC was but there's a lot of great history in the SWC. Texas, USC, Notre Dame......Troy? Not a powerhouse are they.
Well it seems silly that the two D1 schools in the state of Arkansas do not play -- and Arkansas State would upset the Razorbacks every now and then but that would only add to the fun and passionate conversations between fans of each school. For crying out loud the Razorbacks play some Louisiana school (Northwest Louisiana Tech - something like that) in Little Rock and the U of A allows the other team to count it as a home game so they can claim the attendance to maintain their D1 status. I say ditch this game and have Arkansas and Arkansas State play in Little Rock and give fans across the state a game we can all get excited about.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:09 AM

362 posts, read 1,090,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post
Troy? Not a powerhouse are they.
I would put money on this.......Troy will put a scare into the Razorbacks. Troy has a history of upsetting and putting a scare into BCS conference schools, and the first game of the season is the perfect time for a team like Troy to defeat UofA. Somebody mark my words.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 AM

North Pulaski Player - you probably remember the Citadel game - ughhh! Yea, I have been saying the same thing, Troy is no cake walk as a season opener. I think our backfield will take over in the second half. To much speed and depth for Troy to match up with for four quarters (let's hope so anyway).

Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 AM

419 posts, read 1,346,623 times
I love the Hog-Texas games, it's always close, glad that game is back the next couple of years.....I think. Talking about schedules though, lots of people in the Texas camp are concerned about TCU, they may embarass us early. I miss the old SWC days too, heck if we coulda just added OU and Oklahoma State to the conference before the Razorbacks left we might have been able to make it work, course that was never a possibility but one can dream, lol. That woulda been five majors and that pretty much what the big 12 has now, not near as solid as the SEC.

I agree with the Ark. State-Arkansas idea, good for the fans. Louisana Tech and LSU started playing so maybe it's a possiblity at some point for you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas