U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:37 PM

15 posts, read 116,634 times

Advertisements

My mother in law is in Mena also. I would never live there, though. We're in Dallas and go to vacation in Northern central AR.
We love the sights and purity or nature up there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2006, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 26,638 times
Question Mountain Home Arkansas

Would any of you see any problems if a Mexican moved there? or would my daughter who is half mexican and white would she have any problems with racists in the schools? What would your advice be. Need it before we make the decision on moving there from Southern California. Please all respond. Don't hold back either.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:51 PM

26 posts, read 80,434 times
I live in a city called Rogers in the Northwest portion of the state that is 19.3% Hispanic. There is a bit of tension between minorities and nonminorities, but it's not as bad as say Dallas, Los Angeles, etc. Rogers is a good community.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Vic

5 posts, read 14,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcheiss
Fayetteville is the biggest thing to a big city you will find, and it is also home to the University of Fayetteville, which is the largest University in the state.
That would be the University of Arkansas....not the University of Fayetteville. Those mighty Razorbacks have 41 National Championships in track & field and cross country.

Last edited by Marka; 02-16-2006 at 12:28 AM..

Old 02-20-2006, 09:00 PM

3 posts, read 6,596 times
hello everyone. Iam from whitehall city( jefferson county, arkansas). I have lived here 2 years.I am really glad to make friends with everyone in this forum.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 26,638 times
Default Mountain Home

Ok give me all the information you could possibly have on Mountain Home Arkansas. Jobs... People... Schools. Mean people nice people etc I need all info so don't hold back

Old 02-23-2006, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,512 times
Default also considering relocating

I have been offered a job in Springdale, visited there just two weeks ago. Some questions I am curious to have answers to are about the summers. How are they? I don't mind a little humidity, but I need to know about the bugs. Can I be outside without worring about them flying/crawling in from their own zip code? Also, I'm living in Albuquerque now and find it realatively easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Comments on that are appreciated. I've visited the Jones Center and am definitely impressed. Also, anybody know about masters swimming? Thanks.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:37 AM

14 posts, read 56,180 times
Cool How 'bout Jonesboro?

Not exactly NW Arkansas, but thought someone might be able to help me out. I'm thinking about transferring there from Florida. Really liked Mountain Home, but there is a waiting list for my job there. (I'm with the Postal Service) Have only driven through Jonesboro, and we are planning to visit in a couple of weeks. Real Estate looks very affordable according to listings online. Kids are grown, so schools aren't an issue. Just seeking info. on best areas to live.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:28 PM

795 posts, read 2,036,802 times
Default number me members

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcheiss
What's Up, I guess I'm the first member from Arkansas.
--feel free to ask.
So what number be me?
--from Arkansas-- That be me, I be about as for from Arkansas as one from Arkansas can and still be in what is called the USA.

There be one thing I dearly love about the south, those fast jets going west.

That dear 'boy' from Hope told that he was and Arkie, well I was born on the right descending bank of the Arkansas River in an 8X8 cabin with a tarp for a roof in a sawmill camp up river from Ozark that my dad had built and operated. Any one more more Arkie that this?

Old 07-17-2006, 04:33 PM

795 posts, read 2,036,802 times
Default Here's da bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April
I need to know about the bugs. Can I be outside without worring about them flying/crawling in from their own zip code? Thanks.

Outside? yes you can - from about November to April. They come a marching out around May and do not call a retreat till about October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or