U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 AM

31 posts, read 54,072 times

Advertisements

From someone that is looking to move to AR and likes guns does this mean when I'm out in the woods hiking or on my ATV I'm not allowed to carry a sidearm? Just asking because when I ride here I always have a gun with me, I just never know what I'm going to run into.

If the laws are such then I might have to get a ccw permit, the only thing is that it is pretty hard to conceal a 44Mag under most jackets or just not carry any guns at all. I'll do what the law requires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 04:50 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,550,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch50 View Post
I'll do what the law requires.
Let us pray the law will not "require" us to give up our constitutional rights.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM

1,661 posts, read 4,366,587 times
Quote:
From someone that is looking to move to AR and likes guns does this mean when I'm out in the woods hiking or on my ATV I'm not allowed to carry a sidearm? Just asking because when I ride here I always have a gun with me, I just never know what I'm going to run into.

If the laws are such then I might have to get a ccw permit, the only thing is that it is pretty hard to conceal a 44Mag under most jackets or just not carry any guns at all. I'll do what the law requires.
If you're in the woods, or out on an "ATV" (known in the 'woods" as simply a "4 wheeler"), you are allowed to be armed, unless you're a convicted felon or one of the other exemptions.

As a matter of fact, it's practically required.

If you're settling in the rural areas, there are critters that you can run into that are not hospitable.

I've concealed my Desert Eagle .50AE, so I'm thinking that your little .44 mag should be doable.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,550,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
If you're settling in the rural areas, there are critters that you can run into that are not hospitable.
Especially if you stumble onto a marijuana patch.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:59 AM

570 posts, read 1,366,368 times
Quote:

Just asking? Why do you need something as big like a 44mag? I have a Ruger 44mag. it's fun to shoot but way to big for CCW. My CCW gun is a glock 22 and a 27, 40cal.that's all you need and allot more fire power.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Just asking? Why do you need something as big like a 44mag? I have a Ruger 44mag. it's fun to shoot but way to big for CCW. My CCW gun is a glock 22 and a 27, 40cal.that's all you need and allot more fire power.
From an anti-personnel standpoint, you don't need a .44 mag.

When I go out to check the integrity of my timber, I don't wish to run into mama bear with her cubs, mama sow with her piglets, or someone that felt it would be OK to grow dope in my woods without checking with me first.

The first two render a very mad, large, muscular critter that is worse than a woman I know who is an evil straight-razor-totin' lost soul. At least she has some sense. Scared critters do not.

Now over in your neck of the woods, there's more than a couple of meth labs. Choose your caliber carefully.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM

570 posts, read 1,366,368 times
Quote:
From an anti-personnel standpoint, you don't need a .44 mag.

When I go out to check the integrity of my timber, I don't wish to run into mama bear with her cubs, mama sow with her piglets, or someone that felt it would be OK to grow dope in my woods without checking with me first.

The first two render a very mad, large, muscular critter that is worse than a woman I know who is an evil straight-razor-totin' lost soul. At least she has some sense. Scared critters do not.

Now over in your neck of the woods, there's more than a couple of meth labs. Choose your caliber carefully.
Choose your caliber carefully, .40 S&W
Glock 22. I hope that would make short work of a bear.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Where I presently ride my ATV/4 wheeler or hike I have some pretty big and can be nasty animals. The guns you mentioned I have also but you know all a 40 cal is going to do is make a grizzly really really mad. So that is the reason I carry a 44mag presently, at least I get a little more of a fighting chance. I would really rather carry a sawed off 12 gauge mag shotgun but a little harder to handle on the rig and to carry when hiking.

I normally don't carry any guns unless I'm in the woods on an outing.

To RogMar,

" I've concealed my Desert Eagle .50AE, so I'm thinking that your little .44 mag should be doable. "

When you are already a little rotund like me it can be difficult to conceal anything little alone a little 44mag. I can agree that compared to the Desert Eagle my 44 is little.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I can agree that compared to the Desert Eagle my 44 is little.
I was just pickin' at ya.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I was just pickin' at ya.
Oh I knew you were, and I took it absoultly no other way. I took it in the way it was intended in jest and not serious. That was why I poked myself a little also when I told I was rotund even though it is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or