U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 AM

50,028 posts, read 42,368,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Hippies? I did not know that people still used that term? When I think of Hippies I think of 1960's flower children and I have just not seen much of that in Fayetteville.
i was thinking something very much along those lines. The closest to the 60s generation I have ever seen in Fayetteville might be some that hang out at the farmers markets on Sat mornings in the late spring and summer. Fayetteville certainly isn't Berkeley by any stretch of the imagination.

To the OP, NWA is closer to middle income, almost as close the typical suburbs you can get in AR. Suburbs of what? Nothing, just suburbs. You would expect almost to see that big city somewhere in the area. Ft Smith as mentioned is more blue collar, closer to the Bible Belt mentality (this isn't meant to be a negative statement) and seems to be having trouble improving its image as a place to be proud to call home.

Between the University and several companies calling NWA home, the area is very contemporary with a conservataive flare.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas