U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 PM

4 posts, read 8,627 times

Advertisements

I am looking at lakefront properties on these two lakes. Which one is the "busiest"? They both have nice coves - I would lean towards the one where you could feel confident your 10-yr old nephew on a float won't get run over by a ski boat barreling down a cove.

Beaver looks like it would have the highest boat traffic just based on the number of boat docks from satellite views.

I would also appreciate any other comments comparing these lakes - water clarity, fishing, available services, etc.. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 AM

8 posts, read 13,739 times
Beaver is half the size with twice the traffic (at least). Bull Shoals is enormous. Traffic also depends on what part of the lake you are on. It's busier the closer you get to the dam, but still not very busy compared to other lakes. There are parts of Bull Shoals where you feel like you have the entire lake to yourself. Water clarity is similar. The area around Beaver is more developed (Rogers, Garfield, Eureka Springs) so there is probably more to do, and more restaurants, etc. The area around Beaver is also at a higher elevation, so it appears more mountainous, which some people think is more scenic.
As far as services on the lake, both have great services...marinas, fishing, guide services, dive shops etc. Bottom line is that both are great lakes, both are beautiful with clear, clean water that offer great fishing, diving, and boating. But to your original question, Beaver is the busiest with the most traffic.
That's my experience, having vacationed and spent time on both.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 PM

4 posts, read 8,627 times
Thanks MR Mark!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:42 PM

26 posts, read 40,007 times
Well, I'm a bit prejudiced since my husband & I bought on Bull Shoals. It's just beautiful! And quiet! And that's even though we have an 8 slip boat dock in our cove. The water is so clear. When we want activity & crowds we just go visit friends on Norfork.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:49 AM

69 posts, read 20,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottydog02 View Post
Well, I'm a bit prejudiced since my husband & I bought on Bull Shoals. It's just beautiful! And quiet! And that's even though we have an 8 slip boat dock in our cove. The water is so clear. When we want activity & crowds we just go visit friends on Norfork.
What made you not choose Beaver Lake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or