Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:29 PM

50 posts, read 317,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have done this about 3 times in the past few months. Don't ask me why, I just get in a hurry. Yes, I am very much aware of AR is Arkansas, AK is Alaska and AZ in Arizona. My pet peeve, sorry about this, is people who think it is ok to correct others on these boards. It seems to take the fun out of being a part. In fact some boards do not allow anyone to correct people for spelling, use of the language, etc. I have seen so many errors on this board as well as others, but it never dawned on me to say anything.

Nita
I'm sorry you take offense at being corrected--I certainly didn't mean to offend I even tried to figure out how to put a smiley face after my "Uncle Same" sentence but didn't have the patience to figure it out. So sorry.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Default bash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
AZ = Alaska? Before you bash her, you should get your facts straight first. THATS a huge pet peeve of mine.
Steve-O.....WOW! I obviously made a typo on the AK = Alaska. But even looking back now I still don't think my post was out of line, contained any malice or meanness.....where is the bash? Another pet peeve is folks who fly off the handle, leap before looking, overreact, etc. Did one of your snakes bite you?

Old 08-07-2007, 12:43 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post
Steve-O.....WOW! I obviously made a typo on the AK = Alaska. But even looking back now I still don't think my post was out of line, contained any malice or meanness.....where is the bash? Another pet peeve is folks who fly off the handle, leap before looking, overreact, etc. Did one of your snakes bite you?
I wasnt being malicious. Its hard to convey emotion over the net. Had I been angry I might have used this precious little emoticon :. Anyways, I was just stating that since you were so quick to point out her mistakes and announce your pet peeves, I was no different in pointing out mine. Hope this makes sense. lol

And no, none of my snakes have bitten me. Theyre non-venomous anyways. Wouldnt have mattered if they did.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 PM

45 posts, read 267,886 times
I am not remotely part of this thread, but really enjoyed the snake talk which is where this all began. Why doesn't anyone start talking about snakes again? It's far more interesting than passive-aggressive comments buttered with smiley icons.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM

yes, back to snakes....I don't have any desire to handle snakes and have a very healthy respect (okay, I'm afraid of them) for them. As has been alluded to earlier I agree that a lot of fears are "misplaced" and that people "fear" or don't like certain things because they don't understand them. But even though I do have a fear of snakes I have no desire to chop one in half. I also don't like republicans but I have no desire to kill one--let me rephrase that...I don't like the right wing republican point of view....I lived on an Ozark farm when I was very young and there were a NUMBER of snakes and I suppose I was taught to fear them, probably because a little kid running around, often unsupervised, could easily get bit. I did see some copperheads but mostly black snakes (once full of eggs, quite a bumpity sight), king snakes, water snakes, and garter snakes. My respect really shoots up for cottonmouths! I have a fascination with snakes and admire them from a safe distance. The snake section at the St. Louis zoo also made a huge impression on my young mind....so what do you want to say about snakes elainebenes? Or was it your goal to stir up a pit of vipers??? (imagine a smiley icon here)

Old 08-07-2007, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 6,196 times
I have lived in AR my whole life. Snakes are present but not a huge issue.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:15 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainebenes View Post
I am not remotely part of this thread, but really enjoyed the snake talk which is where this all began. Why doesn't anyone start talking about snakes again? It's far more interesting than passive-aggressive comments buttered with smiley icons.
Here is a little cute one

Last edited by junkman18; 09-03-2007 at 09:25 AM..

Old 08-07-2007, 04:18 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Man I love the coloring/patterning on copperheads, too beautiful....

Old 08-07-2007, 05:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post
I'm sorry you take offense at being corrected--I certainly didn't mean to offend I even tried to figure out how to put a smiley face after my "Uncle Same" sentence but didn't have the patience to figure it out. So sorry.....
ok, all is forgiven, but it was a typo like yours, even if not, many of us see grammer, spelling and other errors daily, but we let them pass.

Nita

Old 08-07-2007, 06:12 PM

265 posts, read 813,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I dont know anything about this mixture I spray other than it works to keep away snakes....Spray diesel around the edge of your property line, then while its still damp, sprinkle Seven-dust on top the diesel. Keeps snakes away, I also spray it around the edge of my house, using seven dust as well on top of it, kills the grass, and keeps spiders away too.
Is there anythingalive on your property? Seven is a highly potent insecticide and will kill a lot more than snakes, such as: songbirds, frogs, chipmunks, maybe even the neighbor's cat. It definately kills honey bees which are essential for pollinating crops.

I have heard that there are a lot of snakes in Arkansas, but I think that shooting every snake in sight, and the broad use of poison is an over reaction to a relatively minor problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: