Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:23 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times

Advertisements

When you read the below story of a burglar who beat the s out of

Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by Marka; 12-19-2007 at 04:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 06:14 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Smart enough to know he got what he deserved, dumb enough to do it in the first place.

They walk among us.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:57 AM

33 posts, read 135,027 times
What it really boils down to is.........someone was trying to survive, probably looking for something to steal, then to sell for food.

It's going to get worse, especially in El Dorado, where everyone is loosing their job(s)

I'm not surprise the crime rate hasn't skyrocketed yet around El Dorado.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 AM

44 posts, read 209,455 times
Default What The Hel.....

Trying to survive!!!!!????

Some moron beats a 93 year old man with a soda can 50 times and HE'S just trying to survive. I hope the SOB is removed from the gene pool permanently.

He could survive by getting a job, or cutting back on his crack habit. Normal people don't do these kinds of things. They are not to be tolerated in society. In my home town we have churches and outreach centers that will simply give you food if you need it or pay the rent while someone gets on their feet. This is the kind of guy that gives actual bags of scum a bad name.

Wish I could be on his jury!

Old 08-18-2007, 01:46 PM

Yeah, people in your area are more fortunate. You better not move to El Dorado. The organization and churches give out to whom they want. If they don't like you.....well.....too bad. And from the way you talk nobody will like you.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:11 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,369 times
Sadly a smillar thing happend in 2003 to man here in the Fayetteville area.

An elderly man Pat Garder who happens to have been a family friend (I had known him my whole life), was beat to death with a hammer in 2003.

The guy that murdered him is surving life without parole in ADC. He should have gotten the death penalty.

"Washington County District Prosecutor Terry Jones had contemplated it in
the case last year of Jeffery Grinder, who is serving a life sentence
without the possibility of parole after pleading guilty to robbing and
bludgeoning to death 77-year-old Pat Gardner of rural Springdale on Sept.
2, 2003."

Old 08-18-2007, 03:19 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped In ElDorado View Post
Yeah, people in your area are more fortunate. You better not move to El Dorado. The organization and churches give out to whom they want. If they don't like you.....well.....too bad. And from the way you talk nobody will like you.
Sweetie, you need to find a way out of south Arkansas altogether - I can't find a single positive thing you've had to say. Texas is just over the border...so is Louisiana. Perhaps you would find yourself more at home in one of those locales...your distaste for Arkansas is apparent. Hope you can find a way out - not every place is for everyone, and this obviously isn't for you.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Sweetie, you need to find a way out of south Arkansas altogether - I can't find a single positive thing you've had to say. Texas is just over the border...so is Louisiana. Perhaps you would find yourself more at home in one of those locales...your distaste for Arkansas is apparent. Hope you can find a way out - not every place is for everyone, and this obviously isn't for you.
It's a lot easier said than done. As I posted for someone else.
1. It takes money to move.

2. It takes a job to make/have money.

I've been trying, trust me. If I could move, I would have done so already.

Maybe you could help set up a fund to raise money for my cause?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:40 PM

490 posts, read 1,266,584 times
Here's my two cents, quit crying, get off your duff and do something about it.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
Here's my two cents, quit crying, get off your duff and do something about it.
Duh, what part of I am trying to survive do you not understand?

And do you see me crying.

I'm currently doing something about it by posting on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas