U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-06-2011, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,759 times
Default Moving to Arkansas

We are moving to Arkansas from Louisiana as soon as we can find a place that meets our criterias. #1 It has to be more than 50 miles from Fulton, AR (job site) but not so far that my husband is driving too far to get to and from work everyday. #2 Need to transfer my son to a new Pre-k. We want a school, that teaches i.e. numbers and letters not babysits i.e.daycare. We were looking in Arkadelphia but the only school I found is full with a waiting list. Help me find another town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-07-2011, 03:07 PM

2,460 posts, read 2,916,664 times
Have you looked at Hope? But that may be closer to Fulton than you would like to be. Also, (although it too is close to Fulton) I think you will have more options in Texarkana.

Unread 08-08-2011, 05:59 PM

53 posts, read 64,638 times
The pre-k programs are often all full at the beginning of the school year (i.e. right now), but sometimes they have openings as kids drop out a few weeks in. It doesn't hurt to get on the waiting lists of places you might be interested in.

You might check out both the Head Start and the ABC (Arkansas Better Chance) programs available in towns you are interested in. They both serve 3-4 year olds and are similar but Head Start is federally funded and ABC is funded by the state of Arkansas. They both have a curriculum that focuses on skills, not just a daycare.

Both programs are geared to low-income families but if you don't qualify on that basis they generally have some additional slots available. Also if your kid has any sort of "special need" he may qualify regardless of income.

Unread 08-21-2011, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,759 times
Thank you both but we backed out of the job offer. Once my husband got with the HR dept. at Shaw, they had too many stipulations, there is a better oppurtunity out there that fits us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas