Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 11:42 AM

2,457 posts, read 7,378,672 times

Advertisements

Each morning when I finally crawl out of bed and look out my window, here is what I see. And this is after the cold front blew through the other night with high wind.
Attached Thumbnails
Fall foliage-img_7944.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Today we took a drive out U.S. Highway 70 West and from I-30 to Hot Springs the color was great, but the leaves were falling and sill not be up much longer.

And I-430 south of I-630 ain't bad

Old 11-07-2011, 01:06 PM

5 posts, read 6,786 times
Default Beautiful color!

Hi everyone!

My husband and I just made our first trip to Arkansas (Hot Springs) this past weekend to take pictures of your fall foliage. Being from the midwest, and now living in Houston, we both really miss the fall color.

We were very pleasantly surprised, especially after having read this fall foliage thread before we left. We headed over to the Ouachita National Forest, and then up scenic Ark 7 north and took tons of breathtaking photos. The leaves were so gorgeous, just a huge spectrum of color.

I scared the hell out of my husband several times, almost driving off the road while staring at all of the beauty.

May I compliment you on your beautiful state (not just the fall colors, but on the great amount of nature you have preserved, overall how pretty it is there, and how friendly the people were). We can't wait to go back.

Joanne Z.
Houston, Tx

Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler42 View Post
Hi everyone!

My husband and I just made our first trip to Arkansas (Hot Springs) this past weekend to take pictures of your fall foliage. Being from the midwest, and now living in Houston, we both really miss the fall color.

We were very pleasantly surprised, especially after having read this fall foliage thread before we left. We headed over to the Ouachita National Forest, and then up scenic Ark 7 north and took tons of breathtaking photos. The leaves were so gorgeous, just a huge spectrum of color.

I scared the hell out of my husband several times, almost driving off the road while staring at all of the beauty.

May I compliment you on your beautiful state (not just the fall colors, but on the great amount of nature you have preserved, overall how pretty it is there, and how friendly the people were). We can't wait to go back.

Joanne Z.
Houston, Tx
Hey Joannne, Thanks, and welcome back any time We are proud to repeat; "We are one of the best kept secrets in the US of A

Old 11-08-2011, 09:01 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler42 View Post
Hi everyone!

Joanne Z.
Houston, Tx
Amen, sister!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:06 PM

This morning the maple tree outside my bedroom window is practically bare, but it was great while it lasted.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
i was thinking the same thing. Now, the job of cleaning them up is in front of us. At least our daughter and son in law got to see them this year. Not quite a nice as a week or so ago but the colors were still awesome.'

Nita

Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,266,728 times
I'm just re-visiting this thread after a few weeks. I'm probably going to miss this years foliage. Hoping to try again next year. I have been to Eureka Springs before, and that is a beautiful town. The roads scared me since I am coming from flatland. But the town was absolutely beautiful. I'd love to make it to Hot Springs one day soon.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 PM

When you first see a bald cypress you only see a rusty brown tree, but if you "look" at it you see the light green cones which are in contrast with the brown and it really does have character.
Attached Thumbnails
Fall foliage-img_7946.jpg   Fall foliage-img_7950.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas