U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:19 PM
 
16 posts, read 9,693 times
Reputation: 19
Default Commute from Fayetteville to Bella Vista? Or commute from Fayetteville to Fort Smith?

Tell me how the drive would be each morning from Fayetteville to both Bella Vista and Fort Smith. I have a job opportunity in each town and prefer to live in Fayetteville. Which is more tolerable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
45,982 posts, read 34,738,906 times
Reputation: 18698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
Tell me how the drive would be each morning from Fayetteville to both Bella Vista and Fort Smith. I have a job opportunity in each town and prefer to live in Fayetteville. Which is more tolerable?
Probably similar but Bella Vista might be a little less plus you would be going part of the trip against traffice. Of course, it depends on the exit you are closest to as well. Our granddaughter actually lives in West Fork and from the Town Center, in Bella Vista to her turnoff (baring traffic) is about 20 to 30 minutes. Ft Smith would be longer plus you might have more driving after you exit the highway.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
 
8 posts, read 1,983 times
Reputation: 14
On average Fayetteville to Fort Smith would be longer but easier, with a higher average speed. Fayetteville to Bella Vista would be shorter but more traffic. Depends also on whether you are starting at the extreme north or south of FYV and exactly where your destinations are.

I wouldn't want either commute, though either's easy compared to a typical big-city commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
45,982 posts, read 34,738,906 times
Reputation: 18698
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkforyourself View Post
On average Fayetteville to Fort Smith would be longer but easier, with a higher average speed. Fayetteville to Bella Vista would be shorter but more traffic. Depends also on whether you are starting at the extreme north or south of FYV and exactly where your destinations are.

I wouldn't want either commute, though either's easy compared to a typical big-city commute.
I think that is about right, but as far as not wanting it: remember, it depends on where you have lived and how accustom you are to traffic. For some, those who have lived in large metro areas, as 45 min commute, in traffic is a piece of cake, for those who have been raised in a rural setting it is a nightmere. Our granddaughter used to commute from Huntsville to Rogers every day and didn't think twice about it, now she is in dental hygene school and commutes from Fayetteville, to Fort Smith.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
 
16 posts, read 9,693 times
Reputation: 19
I'm leaning towards Fort Smith. Is there a recommendable alternative to living in Fayetteville that would be a lesser commute? Preferably an area that isn't complete country or at the very least a unique looking place? By that I mean not a bunch of chain places and nothing else. Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Nollie Tre Flippin
923 posts, read 822,474 times
Reputation: 2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
I'm leaning towards Fort Smith. Is there a recommendable alternative to living in Fayetteville that would be a lesser commute? Preferably an area that isn't complete country or at the very least a unique looking place? By that I mean not a bunch of chain places and nothing else. Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.
I don't think there will be anything else like Fayettville that will be less of a commute. Van Burens about the only other place even approaching urban that would be closer. Of course if your going to work in Fort Smith and don't want a commute then why not just live in Fort Smith? I thought Mountainburg looked pretty unique but it is definitely complete country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-17-2012, 04:21 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
45,982 posts, read 34,738,906 times
Reputation: 18698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
I'm leaning towards Fort Smith. Is there a recommendable alternative to living in Fayetteville that would be a lesser commute? Preferably an area that isn't complete country or at the very least a unique looking place? By that I mean not a bunch of chain places and nothing else. Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.
Ft Smith area isn't going to be nearly as urban feeling as living closer to Fayetteville. The attitudes of people are very different, the tipography (spelling) is different and the culture is as well. I would still stick with Fayetteville area if you can take the commute in either direction.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Nollie Tre Flippin
923 posts, read 822,474 times
Reputation: 2271
I'd just move to either Rogers or Fort Smith and pocket the extra hour or two daily. I could do an hour on the subway/light rail playing with an ipad but I hate driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Colorado
915 posts, read 342,246 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
I'd just move to either Rogers or Fort Smith and pocket the extra hour or two daily. I could do an hour on the subway/light rail playing with an ipad but I hate driving.
I agree
Rogers or Bentonville, with the job in Bella Vista, you'd be driving opposite all the WalMart commuters coming out of Bella Vista and SW Missouri.
In Fayetteville, you would be fighting all the WalMartians coming up from Springdale and such to get past Bentonville. It's still not too bad, unless there is an accident on 540.


That drive to Ft Smith would get to be pretty boring, pretty fast, IMHO.

And, Fayetteville is an easy 20 minutes when you feel like hitting the "Big City"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
45,982 posts, read 34,738,906 times
Reputation: 18698
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
I agree
Rogers or Bentonville, with the job in Bella Vista, you'd be driving opposite all the WalMart commuters coming out of Bella Vista and SW Missouri.
In Fayetteville, you would be fighting all the WalMartians coming up from Springdale and such to get past Bentonville. It's still not too bad, unless there is an accident on 540.


That drive to Ft Smith would get to be pretty boring, pretty fast, IMHO.

And, Fayetteville is an easy 20 minutes when you feel like hitting the "Big City"
Perfect solution...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:08 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top