U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-18-2006, 05:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,226 times
Default New Evening Shade Resident

My husband and I just purchased some land just south of Evening Shade, AR. Hopefully, we will be closed by Easter and can make a trip to the property since I have a holiday on Good Friday. We bought it for retirement in 8 years and in the meantime, we are putting up a yurt as a summer vacation home. We live south of Houston, so it is about a 12 hour drive. The humidity certaintly won't bother us - it is worse where we live and we have 9 months of it!

Our plans are to build a small home and raise sheep and llama for their fiber to supplement our retirement income. I would pack it all in tomorrow if I could move with my 11-year old son. Unfortunately, my divorce decree will not allow me to move him and I am not willing to give up custody so we will have to wait.

We love the area and we are very excited about our new project. We are going to try to get a barn and greenhouse built over the next few years. My husband wants to plant some fruit trees, but we will have to put up some kind of wire fencing around them to keep the deer off of them. If anybody has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2006, 08:52 AM

55 posts, read 87,710 times
Hi, we just bought a little over 40 acres south of Evening Shade too!!! We're just off of rt 167. We can't retire for another 10 years and move there full time but we're planning on putting a cabin on there this October if everything works out. Can't wait for October and then 2016!!!! Glenn and Deb

Old 07-07-2006, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,226 times
greenacresusa - check your PM's. I think we might be neighbors.....

Old 11-24-2006, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,225 times
Default jozay

I too am looking to purchase property in Evening Shade...look'en forward to hav'en nice neighbors. I need to move "home".

Old 11-27-2006, 09:02 AM

55 posts, read 87,710 times
Hi Joe. If you haven't found any land yet you may want to check with United Country in Ash Flat Ar. We bought our land through them and they are first class!! I belive they have a bunch more lots depending on what size acreage you want.

Glenn and Deb

Old 12-10-2006, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,225 times
Hi Greenacres, thanks for the info. I'm not looking for bare land, I been looking at a few houses...can't firm up plans just yet, too many unknowns...

Get those trees in the ground asap.

Later, joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas