U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:51 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,698,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake817 View Post
The Dollarway area of Pine Bluff(Nothern PB) is not a bad area to live. Also the Watson Chapel area of Pine Bluff(Southwestern PB)is not a bad area to live in.Then again you might would prefer the White hall area Moderator cut: removed sentence
I hope Dollarway isn't near the university (which seemed like the north side of the city to me). That was probably the worst part of the city that I saw when I was there. There were tons of graffiti and run-down or burnt down houses around that area. I bet UAPB has a tough time recruiting students to go to school there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 10:29 AM

4,749 posts, read 6,156,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy46 View Post
They chose to live about 20 miles away in Warren, which they report is much nicer.
Yes, Warren would be better....although I've never actually been there (we always turn off for Monticello before we get there), the drive through the countryside is absolutely beautiful, and if Warren is like the drive, it's nice.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 44,140 times
Overall I think Pine Bluff is a pretty O.k place to live in. But like I said,I would recomend the southwestern P.B area and the Northern P.B area.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM

37 posts, read 27,505 times
Never heard anything good about pine bluff. I was told the only people who buy homes there are black. Whites have all moved out that can move out.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 44,140 times
yes,UAPB is in Nothern PB,but when I said Northern Pb,I really meant North,North PB,as in the Dollarway road area.Dollarway road takes you into White Hall.Honostly I think the closer you get to White Hall,the better the houses get.But I actually live along Dollarway Rd. in Pine Bluff,and I love the area.My niece goes to Townsend Park Elementry and she loves it there and I think it is a great school.I think Pine Bluff has major potential to pull a 360.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Not to sound rude, but the area around UAPB looked like a dump when I was there last year. I can understand why so few people go to school there now. It is crazy to think that only around 3K students go there and they can support a football team. UAFS has around 8K and has no plans for football due to the cost.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:06 AM

602 posts, read 1,255,502 times
Dr. have you ever seen the UAPB band perform? You'll know why they can support a football team That band rocks!

I was talking with a bunch of old Pine Bluffians the other evening. We all had great memories of growing up there. I, too, want to believe it is prime for a turnaround.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Pine Bluff seems to have enough good things to make itself a worthwhile city; it just needs the right people in place to make it happen.

And, no, I never have seen the band. I have only been there once for a job interview last summer.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,207 times
I grew up in Pine Bluff, White Hall, and Redfield. While mostly the beginning of my childhood was spent in Pine Bluff I spent most of my school years in White Hall/Redfield. Pine Bluff schools are terrible. I know people say well it depends on the area you live in and that some of them are good, but the bad-good ratio is heavily in favor of the bad. The good things about Pine Bluff are that there's always things to do, it's just certain places that are bad. The Pines Mall is a nice place to hang out, but there has been a shooting there before, and there is frequent gang activity there. The worst place in the city is MLK Jr. Park. Whatever you do don't go in there because even the police dont like going there. White Hall has an excellent school system compared to Pine Bluff and they are also good at keeping crime down. There isn't really much of anything there, and by that I mean there is little crime and also little to do. It is a good place to raise your kids though. Well.... once you get to the high school level there is alot of drug and alcohol abuse going on. I don't know of many people who didn't do at least pot there. Refield is very quiet in certain parts and only has 3k population, but it's so bad on meth and other drugs it's rediculous. Even in junior high you get exposed to these things. In my opinion, White Hall is the best choice for that area, because of the good housing and schools. Just keep up with what your kids are doing if they're in high school.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,474 times
If you have children, I would NOT put them into the Pine Bluff School District. I would highly suggest that you move to someplace like Sheridan. You would be gambling with your childrens safety to do otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas