Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

My three year old took me to the pond for fishing this morning. He loves to fish, and he thinks I love it too. I do not like to fish at all, but I love spending time with my little boy. He had a great morning. I guess that is what being a father is all about. A little bit of sacrifice, but it is worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,377,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
My three year old took me to the pond for fishing this morning. He loves to fish, and he thinks I love it too. I do not like to fish at all, but I love spending time with my little boy. He had a great morning. I guess that is what being a father is all about. A little bit of sacrifice, but it is worth it.
Take advantage of that because before you know it he will be grown and gone.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Take advantage of that because before you know it he will be grown and gone.
Yep.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
and what about the baby? Was it another boy? If so you might have a lot of fishing ahead of you...

Nita

Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and what about the baby? Was it another boy? If so you might have a lot of fishing ahead of you...

Nita

The other is 3 weeks old. I can see it now a lot of camping and fishing. I camped out enough in the Marine Corps to last me a life time, but I bet I will be doing it a lot more.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
The other is 3 weeks old. I can see it now a lot of camping and fishing. I camped out enough in the Marine Corps to last me a life time, but I bet I will be doing it a lot more.
but camping out, especially in some of the wonderful places we have in NWA can be a great family experience. After the boys are rasied, I agree, there are more comfortable places to sleep than in a RV, trailer or tent.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:16 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but camping out, especially in some of the wonderful places we have in NWA can be a great family experience. After the boys are rasied, I agree, there are more comfortable places to sleep than in a RV, trailer or tent.
Oh, Nita, that shows your lack of exposure to camping.

My ex-FIL has a O/$500,000 RV. It's comfy.

A buddy of mine that is a camping fool just bought a $60,000 camper. It has flatscreens in the living room and bedroom, both with surround sound speakers sticking out of the ceiling, and a hook-up in the luggage transport compartment for another TV with speakers so one can sit under the awning and watch TV outside.

To say that thing is the bee's knees is an understatement.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Oh, Nita, that shows your lack of exposure to camping.

My ex-FIL has a O/$500,000 RV. It's comfy.

A buddy of mine that is a camping fool just bought a $60,000 camper. It has flatscreens in the living room and bedroom, both with surround sound speakers sticking out of the ceiling, and a hook-up in the luggage transport compartment for another TV with speakers so one can sit under the awning and watch TV outside.

To say that thing is the bee's knees is an understatement.
That my friend is not camping, that is staying in a moving hotel.

The first time I saw someone camping and watching tV I thought they had gone nuts, they probably had...

Nita

Old 06-19-2012, 01:01 PM

971 posts, read 1,452,528 times
Quote:
Way to go Dad!!! One of my greatest regrets in my later life was when my youngest daughter would ask if we could go the 100 feet to the water and fish for awhile and I would beg off saying I was too tired. Remembering it now will haunt me forever. She now has her own son and the opportunity will never happen again.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 PM

971 posts, read 1,452,528 times
Quote:
Not having been in the service myself, I find it necessary to thank you for your service to our country.

Wishing you the very best life possible!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas