U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 05:24 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,610,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
What a cutie Dr. Foos! Thanks for sharing that video.

When you say "It's all still there" do you mean her house up on the hill and the little cottages and everything, too?
I'm not sure. I didn't know the history behind it or the amount of buildings that used to be there when I was there last time, so I wasn't really looking for anything in particular. I'll sleuth around and take pics tomorrow and we'll see what we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM

4,684 posts, read 5,753,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
When you say "It's all still there" do you mean her house up on the hill and the little cottages and everything, too?
I saw a big house up on a hill just briefly in the video, but didn't see any little cottages.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:01 PM

I was wrong. It is definitely not all still there. I had no idea how many cottages used to be out there. I found a map of what used to be out there that indicates whether it still stands or not. I also have a few pictures of the buildings I was able to see. I'm having issues uploading them here because they are too big for the forum. I'll work on it and try to get them on here at some point today.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:49 PM

5,922 posts, read 12,391,600 times
You can email them to me if you like. I have programs that I can use to resize them, and can post them here. If that helps? I can IM you my email addy. Where did you get the maps?

Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM

Email sent. The map was on a pedestal at the spring house.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM

5,922 posts, read 12,391,600 times

The Map. There were more cottages in 1948 than there are shown on this map. In one of the photos I posted in a previous post that shows three cottages, on the back of that photo is written "cottages 32, 34, and 26" - I don't see any of those cottage numbers on the map.

216 on the map (two story building). My grandmother said that this was used as the office where you would check in when you rented the little cottages. There is a sign in the photo that says "private residence" - I wonder who lives here? And I wonder who lives in 231 (the house that is possibly Ruth's old house)? Can you tell I love mysteries?

231 on the map. I haven't heard back from my grandmother yet as to if this was the house that Roy built for Ruth yet, but just from her prior description of the location of the house I am tempted to say it is. She described is as being surrounded by trees... and did I say already how Ruth loved music and had speakers up in the trees? You could walk in the wooded area around the house and listen to her favorite music.

The pumphouse. If this is where they bottled the water, my grandmother said they had a husband and wife who would bottle all the water for the 'World's Wonder Waters" bottling Co. Later on, they had to quit saying that the water had curative properties. There was some kind of mislabeling law suit... if you google it you can find it on the web. I'm not a lawyer so it's all Greek to me.

What the Springhouse looks like today. Thank you so much Dr. Foos for these great photos!! I really appreciate you doing this, and emailing me the larger versions. These are great!

Old 07-17-2012, 03:29 PM

#231 had a park service truck parked in front of it. It looked like it is lived in. Maybe the person who is in charge of the park lives there?

Also, there is a newer house in the loop next to 231. Someone lives there too.

I've been there twice and I've never seen anyone in 216. I highly doubt it is lived in.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 PM

2,457 posts, read 5,896,183 times
Hey Dr Foo - your usual great work.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 867 times
I own an original sign to the spring, I will post a pic of it, I collect memrobelia from the Hot Springs area. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
McFadden 3 Sisters Springs-imag0537-1.jpg  

Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM

4,684 posts, read 5,753,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbryco View Post
I own an original sign to the spring, I will post a pic of it, I collect memrobelia from the Hot Springs area. Enjoy!
Thanks, I did enjoy that! I love old signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or