Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 01:25 PM

3 posts, read 9,412 times

Advertisements

I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF RUMORS ABOUT A NEW LAKE BEING BUILT SOMEWHERE AROUND BRAGG LAKE . IS THIS GOING TO BE A EXTENSION OF BRAGG LAKE ? IS IT GOING TO BE USED FOR SWIMMING ,WATER SPORTS,FISHING? IF SO WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO WITH THE GATOR PROBLEM THAT BRAGG LAKE IS HAVING RIGHT NOW? YOU DON'T DARE GO TO BRAGG LAKE TO FISH OR EVEN FOR A PICNIC . THERE ARE SIGNS ALL OVER THE PLACE TELLING YOU TO BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS. I MYSELF DO NOT STOP BY THERE ANYMORE . I WOULD NEVER CAMP IN THAT AREA BECAUSE I WOULD NOT WANT TO GET OUT OF MY RV AND STEP ON A GATOR.
DON'T GET ME WRONG ,I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A NICE BIG LAKE HERE TO ENJOY BUT I ALSO THINK PEOPLE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT THE PROBLEM.ALSO I DON'T KNOW OF ANY FAMILY THAT IS GOING TO BUILT NICE BIG HOUSES AROUND A LAKE THAT IS FULL OF GATORS. THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE AROUND BRAGG LAKE HAVE TRIED TO HAVE THEM GET RID OF THE GATORS AND SINCE THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVE DECIDED THEY DON'T WANT TO HELP THEM THEN THEY ARE MOVING AWAY. SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS SUBJECT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 04:32 AM

297 posts, read 1,299,667 times
Default Bragg Lake Issue....

I live in Camden and have friends that live on Bragg Lake. There are only a few alligators, a momma gator and a few smaller ones that have been seen. I'm sure if the situation was greater then the Arkansas Game & Fish would step in. My friends love to live on the small lake and even row a boat on the lake. There are plans in the works that have to be Ok'd to enlarge the lake and build a larger dam and road across this larger lake and the area would be developed around the lake. This would be a plus for Camden but not sure it would be a plus for the folks that already live on the lake. Some love the solitude that they have now.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
LOL nice big homes around a lake with gators!! I was at Kennedy Space Center a month ago for a job interview and looked at some houses whilst there. Almost every home had a "waterview." Which meant nothing more than little stinking ponds behind the rows of big nice houses. A former co-worker who was showing me around took me by his place and told me about how in the "winter" months the gators would all come out of the ponds and bask in peoples backyards. When I told my wife about that we sickeningly joked about how if we moved down there we'd wind up looking around one day and realizing the kids were gone and the last time we saw them was them walking out the back door to go play... I think Camden needs big high paying jobs so people can afford nice big houses before you worry about a few gators in a lake.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 PM

8 posts, read 27,213 times
I live in Florida beside a lagoon full of gators. They do not bother anyone as long as you do not feed them or interfere with mating rituals. We find them under our car sometimes when it gets cold outside or there is a big storm. They are more afraid of us then you think. One thing I do not recommend and I see tourists do all the time is to walk up to one to photgraph it. I want to move to Arkansas and would like to live on a lake or have a lake view. What city is this area close to? Can you get a nice house for under $200,000? I am flying in tommorow to look at real estate in Heber Springs/Fairfield Bay area. It looks besutiful. any idea how far I would be from the area you are talking about? If they put in a lake there will there be a nuclear plant built like so many lakes in Arkansas already have?

Old 10-01-2007, 04:03 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venshore2003 View Post
I live in Florida beside a lagoon full of gators. They do not bother anyone as long as you do not feed them or interfere with mating rituals. We find them under our car sometimes when it gets cold outside or there is a big storm. They are more afraid of us then you think. One thing I do not recommend and I see tourists do all the time is to walk up to one to photgraph it. I want to move to Arkansas and would like to live on a lake or have a lake view. What city is this area close to? Can you get a nice house for under $200,000? I am flying in tommorow to look at real estate in Heber Springs/Fairfield Bay area. It looks besutiful. any idea how far I would be from the area you are talking about? If they put in a lake there will there be a nuclear plant built like so many lakes in Arkansas already have?
Venshore, Camden is quite a ways from Heber, probably 4 hours or so. And there's only one nuclear plant in Arkansas and that's on Lake Dardanelle. Maybe some of the coal fired plants use lake water cooling too, but we only have ONE out of a bunch of lakes with a nuke plant on it. I'd prefer to live near a nuke plant than a coal fired plant personally...

Old 12-21-2014, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,666 times
I have fished Bragg for many years in a inflatable cataraft (pontoons) and never had a problem with gators. One of my favorite small lakes, lots of fish.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:42 PM

340 posts, read 515,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venshore2003 View Post
Camden would be near the bottom on my list of places to live in Arkansas. Go for a visit before you spend too much time considering Camden.

But ... After you go to Fairfeld Bay, check out Hot Springs Village. We have 10 lakes here, up to 1000 acres. Some great real estate bargains too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas