Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2006, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,675 times

Advertisements

Will possibly be moving to the area surrounding village creek state park and would like to here any and all opinons about the area. Wynne and Forrest City I understand are very nice places to live. My family very much enjoys the outdoors and nature. Schools and education are a concern as are medical facilities. We would enjoy a small town atmosphere and country living. Thanks, in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2006, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,676 times
Default Forrest City

I live in Forrest City. We are located on interstate 40 and have a nice selection of homes, restaurants, and amenities. The hospital is great. We have beautiful schools and Village Creek is about 10 miles or so north of here. It's great to spend a day at.

Wynne is a nice town but not as large as Forrest City.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 7,908 times
I don't actually live in that area, I live about 45 minutes down the raod, but my family and I have been vacationing @ Village Creek since I was about 7 or 8. We have always loved the area. Wynne has grown alot over the last 18 years since I first saw it and Forrest City is pretty much the same. It is a beautiful area of Arkansas and Village Creek has recently been under going some renovations that have made the park even more accessible to all and has been able to add horse trails to the hiking trials and so forth. It is a beautiful place year round.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,671 times
Default Wynne

I have lived in Wynne, near Village Creek all my life. It is a wonderful, friendly,close knit, religious town. The school system saids a lot for a town. If you have good schools, the town is usally a nice community. We have a great school system. (I attened Wynne schools & now I have a daughter that is a Sophomore). Our schools offer a lot. Wynne offers a Pre-Kindergarten, High school students have the opportunity to take college credit classes. (A yr of college can be complete by high school graduation). Tutoring is available at no charge. Lap top computers can even be checked out at the high school library. During football season you'll see blue & gold (our school colors) all over town. The bleachers are full at all home games. Wynne has great summer programs, softball/baseball, & swim teams. Wynne has low crime. You'll be greeted with a "Hey" or "Hi".
I work in Forrest City. There is a big difference in the two towns. Forrest City is not as friendly. The school system is not as good as Wynnes. Crime is a lot higher in Forrest City.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:25 AM

9 posts, read 56,241 times
Default medical, country, Jonesboro option

If you want medical access, you may want to look into the area nearer to Jonesboro, AR, which is an hour or so north of Village Creek State Park. It's a medical center for northeast arkansas, so you'll have access to lots of doctors and even to several good low-income health clinics, if that's a need. About 20min north of Jonesboro is Crowley's Ridge State Park and Lake Frierson State Park for woodsy hiking and fishing, respectively. Jonesboro, itself offers Craighead Forest Park and the now adjacent Crowley's Ridge Nature Center grounds, with new trails built throughout those two areas. My family is also very outdoorsy and we've really enjoyed it here. There are tons of great city parks in the town, as well as the wilder areas surrounding it on the ridge. And west of here by an hour or so there are gorgeous undeveloped Ozark areas, such as around Hardy. Southeast of here is access to Memphis, just an hour away. If you want to live in a more country setting, the outskirts of Jonesboro, heading either towards Crowley's Ridge State park, or on 226 heading southwest towards Newport offer lots of woodsy, large lot upper scale neighborhoods. There are also several tiny country towns in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: