U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 40,759 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the orignal kenworth in smokey and the bandit still exsit the truck with the mural on the trailer. I have heard it is in northern arkansas. interested because i am a fan of movie and kenworth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 PM

1,519 posts, read 2,888,309 times
18 Wheel Beauties: Famous Trucks - Snowman's Truck ("Smokey & the Bandit")

Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 PM

5,239 posts, read 5,807,931 times
I enjoyed that movie too, but never have been able to stand Sally Field. Her performance was pathetic I thought. Anyway you might look at this site as they are talking of the trucks and what happened to them.

One guy says; the actual truck used in the movie is in north central Arkansas I know of the man who ones it he has signed movie docs. To prove it. It is going to s#|t and he refuse to sell it cause he is a grumpy old man. Someone else goes on to say another party found the trailer using goggle earth, its a post almost at the end of the thread (the 2nd link) but he never does give the coordinates, so who knows for sure. Let us know if you find out anymore.

18 Wheel Beauties: Famous Trucks - Snowman's Truck ("Smokey & the Bandit")

IMCDb.org: 1974 Kenworth W-900 in "Smokey and the Bandit, 1977"

Last edited by todd00; 02-14-2013 at 08:19 PM..

Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 AM

3,603 posts, read 3,371,846 times
A few years ago a bunch of guys in Trans Ams made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta as some anniversary celebration of the movie. They stopped in Lake Village and the local paper took a lot of pictures and wrote a story about them. Must have been a slow news week.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM

5,239 posts, read 5,807,931 times
Is the Bandit Run what you are talking about? That would have been a fun event.

The Bandit Run Trans Am Event History

Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 40,759 times
I will check it out hope I can get pictures or something of it this truck is a part of history

Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 18,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg123 View Post
Does anyone know if the orignal kenworth in smokey and the bandit still exsit the truck with the mural on the trailer. I have heard it is in northern arkansas. interested because i am a fan of movie and kenworth.
[url=http://www.thebanditrunphotos.com/snowmans-truck]Smokey and the Bandit Snowmans Semi Truck Rig[/url]

Old 05-15-2017, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 361 times
Default smokey and the bandit trailer

I lived in the Smokey and the bandit Semi Trailer for 2 weeks because I didn’t have a place to live at the time in 1988 it was sold to Bill Pozzi at an auction from Universal Studios he was the owner of APOLLO MOVING, INC. On Gothard Street in Huntington Beach California
It still had the same rims and a lot of initials carved into the back door and writing on the door
We moved furniture in it
I used the moving pads as a bed and covers until I could save 2 paychecks to move in with one of my coworkers and his wife who had a roommate moving out
And when people would say that truck looks familiar I would say you ever seen Smokey and the bandit where they ran the beer across ate lines? Well that’s the trailer they used!
It was very cool and I always tried to get that truck in the mornings ………
Out of curiosity I just looked up APOLLO and called them they told me that they are now GREEN moving in Anaheim and they bought them out
I asked if they had also bought the trailer and they said that trailer was gone and I asked if Mr. Pozzi was still alive they told me he had passed away
the reason he named his company APOLLO was:
because it was the 1st mission for a man to the moon
He was also the frogman who hooked up The Apollo capsule with Neil Armstrong after it splashed down he also had another company named Pozzi-Neal-Armstrong Inc
He was something else
When I met, him I needed a job bad and I saw the company as I was walking around Huntington beach so I walked up to him and asked if they were hiring he said yes if you can help me move that pile of dirt to the other side of the yard I’ll give you a job and handed me a shovel
I moved that whole dump truck load of dirt that day determined to get a job
At the end the end of the day he handed me $50 and said your hired
A few days later I saw someone else moving the pile of dirt back to where I had moved it from
I asked the truck driver why was he moving it back to where I had spent all day moving it from?
The truck driver laughed and said that’s his test to see if your tough enough to move furniture all day
Lol and I wound up sleeping in the trailer for 2 weeks until had enough money to split an apartment in garden grove California
That was a lot of fun he treated me very well if I needed anything everyone there was like a family
It is a good memory ……………. I wonder what ever happened to the trailer?

Old 05-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Status: "got the morning after blues, from my head down to my shoes" (set 5 days ago)

17,096 posts, read 16,519,042 times
zombies got it

https://images.moviepilot.com/images...credit-amc.jpg

Old 05-15-2017, 07:15 PM

887 posts, read 841,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndthand View Post
I lived in the Smokey and the bandit Semi Trailer for 2 weeks because I didn’t have a place to live at the time in 1988 it was sold to Bill Pozzi at an auction from Universal Studios he was the owner of APOLLO MOVING, INC. On Gothard Street in Huntington Beach California
It still had the same rims and a lot of initials carved into the back door and writing on the door
We moved furniture in it
I used the moving pads as a bed and covers until I could save 2 paychecks to move in with one of my coworkers and his wife who had a roommate moving out
And when people would say that truck looks familiar I would say you ever seen Smokey and the bandit where they ran the beer across ate lines? Well that’s the trailer they used!
It was very cool and I always tried to get that truck in the mornings ………
Out of curiosity I just looked up APOLLO and called them they told me that they are now GREEN moving in Anaheim and they bought them out
I asked if they had also bought the trailer and they said that trailer was gone and I asked if Mr. Pozzi was still alive they told me he had passed away
the reason he named his company APOLLO was:
because it was the 1st mission for a man to the moon
He was also the frogman who hooked up The Apollo capsule with Neil Armstrong after it splashed down he also had another company named Pozzi-Neal-Armstrong Inc
He was something else
When I met, him I needed a job bad and I saw the company as I was walking around Huntington beach so I walked up to him and asked if they were hiring he said yes if you can help me move that pile of dirt to the other side of the yard I’ll give you a job and handed me a shovel
I moved that whole dump truck load of dirt that day determined to get a job
At the end the end of the day he handed me $50 and said your hired
A few days later I saw someone else moving the pile of dirt back to where I had moved it from
I asked the truck driver why was he moving it back to where I had spent all day moving it from?
The truck driver laughed and said that’s his test to see if your tough enough to move furniture all day
Lol and I wound up sleeping in the trailer for 2 weeks until had enough money to split an apartment in garden grove California
That was a lot of fun he treated me very well if I needed anything everyone there was like a family
It is a good memory ……………. I wonder what ever happened to the trailer?
This Thread is four years old but very interesting, and a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Old Fossil; 05-15-2017 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: More info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas