U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 02:56 PM

78 posts, read 145,123 times

Advertisements

To be technical, it's actually in Lakeview that we'll be calling home but our church and hopefully jobs will be in Mountain Home.

We came, we saw and we were conquered on the spot! The place had us at the first drawled "Hell-lo" and the memory of those verdant lush hillsides and hollars is what will keep us going as we get ready for the big move out east.

We made an offer on a house within our first 48 hours there and are now rolling towards closing. Everyone we met were just as nice as could be. We are thrilled to be calling that part of the world HOME in just a short while.

Thanks to all of you here who helped with my questions on the area. See you real soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 05:28 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,088,918 times
Hey Kitten, welcome to The Natural State! We are happy to have you here. I do not live "up there", but have not found any part of the state in which I would not live. "Home" is what you make it and from your postings I think you will do O.K.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:37 PM

365 posts, read 890,884 times
Welcome from me also. You could not have picked a better place than the "Natural State". I was born in southern Arkansas, raised (reared) there and left after high school to attend college, still in Arkansas, worked in seven states and retired two years ago and moved back to Arkansas. We now live in Hot Springs Village and are in HOG heaven.

Good luck to you and your new life in the most unknown paradise in the USA.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
I too want to say welcome. We were talking yesterday, on our way to a small farmers market, just how much we love living here and mostly it is the friendly people. Of close the clean, fresh air helps and the openness all around. Mountain Home is one place we have not been, but have heard more positive than negative about it. In fact it was suggested as a place to look, but we wanted to stay a little closer to our family.

I hope you continue to enjoy your new home and have nothing but positive experiences.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:19 PM

1,661 posts, read 4,358,167 times
Yes, you're going to enjoy Mountain Home. It is especially vibrant during tourist season, when all the lodges and restaurants are open.

Head over to the Bamboo Garden, and try their baked sushi offerings, or right next door at "Da Back Yard" and get a Chicago-style Italian Beef "wet", or a sausage or meatball sandwich.

Lakeview has a high yankee factor. Nothing wrong with that but you can expect most everybody to be from the north.

Welcome

Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,610,465 times
I looked at MH and decided against it. Its beautiful area, like Calico rock ect but its too far away from anything and it has no good roads to get any where fast. I decided on HS or HSV. Its close enough to LR to hop a plane if needed or to shop but far enough away its no imposing. HS also has a lot going on with all kinds of festivals. Its a choice thing.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 PM

19 posts, read 56,202 times
I am a bit envious...would love to retire to Mountain Home. DH likes the area, but not to live.

<sigh>

He does want us to visit soon; it has been a couple years.

You made a good choice! (We like Hot Springs, also).

Old 01-10-2014, 07:32 PM

3 posts, read 6,006 times
Kitten-It is now January 2014-Sooo, are you liking the winter so far? We are thinking of retiring real soon and would like to see what you think so far of the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or